• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Event Egg

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
possible jigglypuff version of the YYG?

I was doing event 39. The other jigglypuffs were all scattered around. I was in the air, in a bubble above the screen. I do my b-up, and all of the other jiggs fell asleep. But I was still in the air, and the other jiggs were still all scattered around. When they fell asleep, they stayed asleep for, at most, 30 seconds.

I have absolutely no idea what happened and why it happened. I think it may have something to do with hitboxes considering the fact the computers were all scattered around but still were hit.

I was going to record it, but when i came back with my digital camera, everything woke up.

Has anyone seen this happen before, or know why it happened?

ultimateroy

Smash Cadet
like... o my God

you should totally discover this glitch, and totally name it ".ZebGlitch", and Totally become famous

no sarcasm..... haha.................................ya.................

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Ok, I did it again. I think I may have figured out how. I kept doing a bunch of pounds while in the air, moving from the platform on the left of PKMN stadium, to the platform on the right, then I did b-up, and they all fell asleep. They weren't asleep as long as they were before though.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Can you do it consistantly? or is just some freak thing that happened once or twice? Also can it be done in actual play? or is it only for event #39
oh and what the crap is it and how do you do it!!!!11!!!eleven

Ps and the reason they didnt sleep as long was because they probably had lower %'s
the higher the % the longer they sleep/freeze/or are stuned in any way

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
OMG i think i figured it out, just jump from one platform, sing, jump to the other and sing again it worked 3 times so far!

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
omg wait i really figured it out you have to be on the big screen in the background it worked every time for me, i guess that if you "nab the spotlight" then you can make everyone fall asleep, thats very clever and creative, i like it!

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
takun said:
omg wait i really figured it out you have to be on the big screen in the background it worked every time for me, i guess that if you "nab the spotlight" then you can make everyone fall asleep, thats very clever and creative, i like it!
O.o Whoa it's like a total rip off a Pokemon episode!
Yea I'm guessing the pokemon stadiums' got a huge speaker system. Maybe if this happens, EVERYONE falls asleep, even the crowd, so if they were cheering they instantly stop.

New Jiggypuff counterpick stage.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
well so far it only works on Event #39 but ill have to do some more testing for full effect

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Jiggs Spotlight Glitch

Discovered by yours truley and MattDotZeb

OK go to event #39
wait until the camera focuses on you (youll be zoomed in on the big screen in the back)
Now use Sing
All the other jiggs will fall asleep

No it does not work In Vs mode

Do you want Pokemon Stadium banned???

Post thoughts

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
takun said:
Discovered by yours truley and MattDotZeb

OK go to event #39
wait until the camera focuses on you (youll be zoomed in on the big screen in the back)
Now use Sing
All the other jiggs will fall asleep

No it does not work In Vs mode

Do you want Pokemon Stadium banned???

Post thoughts
If it doesn't work in VS mode, what's the point in banning it. >.>
Even if it DID work, it's hardly a large enough advantage, due to you needing some luck to appear back there, to ban the fairest stage in the game.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
^_^;; ok...so its definately not a glitch. All you need to do is:

sleep when you are on the big screen.

It ONLY WORKS in that event match.

I suppose it is an easter egg put in the game by nintendo. :) I FOUND AN EASTER EGG!

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
MattDotZeb said:
It has nothing to do with the screen.
MattDotZeb said:
^_^;; ok...so its definately not a glitch. All you need to do is:

sleep when you are on the big screen.

It ONLY WORKS in that event match.

I suppose it is an easter egg put in the game by nintendo. I FOUND AN EASTER EGG!
Might wanna edit that. :p

I'm guessing when Nintendo said "Jigglypuff takes center stage" and called it "jigglypuff Live!" they weren't just names.

lol and who knows what other easter eggs there are hidden within the event matches! Secret taunts? Powered up moves? lol

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Good point. ^_^ Well, I am going to be searching for easter eggs in event matches now. I am assuming other people will be, too. :laugh:

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
FinalD is not the fairest stage because of chaingrabbing being unstoppable and Falco SHL rampages.

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
so yeah, i guess it only works in event 39, because i have never gotten it to work in vs mode...

Takun you didn't discover it.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
andrewg said:
so yeah, i guess it only works in event 39, because i have never gotten it to work in vs mode...

Takun you didn't discover it.
Andrew, Takun DISCOVERED how to do it!

I found out about it, Takun figured out how to do it. :) A little uh joint-partnership there. :laugh:

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Also, pardon the double post, I don't think it is a glitch. More of an Easter Egg put in the game by Nintendo. If you look at the...I think...second to last post of the topic I made, that post shows that it is most likely an Easter Egg.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
andrewg said:
but i helped test :confused:
OK!

I discovered it.
Andrew helped me try and figure out how to do it (Before and after I had posted it on SmashBoards because he was at my house last night).
Takun figured out how to do it.

THERE! Now credit has been given where credit is due.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
OK It was Discovered/Tested/Worked out BY: Andrewg, MattDotZeb & Takun (me)
alphabetical order work for you guys? lol
but yeah i wouldnt call it a glitch
it makes sense, glitches usualy dont
and "spotlight glitch" was just a temporary name, until we figure out a cooler one
i was thinking about somethign involving "surround-sound" lol
well good job guys
im keeping an eye out for other fun things in event mode

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
takun said:
OK It was Discovered/Tested/Worked out BY: Andrewg, MattDotZeb & Takun (me)
alphabetical order work for you guys? lol
but yeah i wouldnt call it a glitch
it makes sense, glitches usualy dont
and "spotlight glitch" was just a temporary name, until we figure out a cooler one
i was thinking about somethign involving "surround-sound" lol
well good job guys
im keeping an eye out for other fun things in event mode

Yea, same for me. Good luck finding one.

:laugh: I bet now, because we are acually trying to find one (I wasn't trying to find one, I was doing event 39 to show one of my friends how to do it), it is going to be harder to acually find one.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
MattDotZeb said:
Yea, same for me. Good luck finding one.

:laugh: I bet now, because we are acually trying to find one (I wasn't trying to find one, I was doing event 39 to show one of my friends how to do it), it is going to be harder to acually find one.
I'm guessing that if there are more, it will not be any with character choise(such as All star matches)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
SonicZeroX said:
I'm guessing that if there are more, it will not be any with character choise(such as All star matches)
Yeah, they will most likely be found in other Event matches. Well, good luck (again) everyone!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I tried this out yesterday. Works on PAL, so I'm assuming it works on all NTSC versions. Any idea if it works wtih the comps?

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Duke said:
Wow, chaingrabbing and SHL are not unfair tactics.
Ture, but they are pretty powerfu, but they are weakend when you play on Pokemon Stadium, since the changeing stage can mess them up.

Kozzymoto

Smash Apprentice
I tested this in the AR hitbox mode thingy and when i got jigglypuff to do sing under the spotlight i saw no hitframes.

For some reason while I was doing this, jigglypuff was disappearing from sight in the hit box mode even though she/it could still be hit.

Top Bottom