• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff and Luigis final smash

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
nobody knows....

well Luigi's makes a bubble... and if you are caught inside the bubble you are way slower and take like 5% damage per second or something.

Jigglypuff...I have NO clue.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Jigglypuff's is GIGALYPUFF! She becomes so big there's no more stage to stand on!

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
Ive seen videos that make jiggs final smash look overpowered, they knock someone a little bit off the edge and the use it on the side that they got knocked off and theres nothing they can do but die.

the656

Smash Journeyman
When your inside Luigi's bubble it looks like you have a higher damage ratio I seen people go flying at 40% inside that bubble

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
From what I have seen so far:

It looks like whoever is in Luigi's bubble-
1) Gets a little flower on there head, like what happens when you hit some one with Lip's Stick, and you take like 5% damage every second like what NotEz said.
2) You become much slower.
3) Seem like you can't jump, probably heavy gavity.
4) Some times you get stunned and/or you fall asleep.

With Jigglypuff, I am pretty sure she acts as a giant bumper. If you touch her, you will get sent flying as if you hit a bumper. Not very effective on a larger stage, but on a stage like Final Destination it can be very effective.

And no I have not played Brawl yet, I have just been watching a lot of videos.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Luigi: Makes you slower and takes a lot of damage away from you, even if you're not standing in the bubble.
Jigglypuff: Grows really huge and knocks you off the stage.

@Heijru: Some people say Luigi's final smash is from Super Mario World, those green bubbles in the castles.

The-Judge

Banned via Administration
Ok, i understand Jigglypuffs smash, she is a balloon, but...
WTF do Luigis dance bubble got to do with his character AT ALL?

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
@ Hejiru-

My only guess is that Luigi's Final Smash comes from a combination of the Mario Dance Dance Revolution and Luigi's Mansion games.

I have played Luigi's Mansion and there is not a move even remotely close to Luigi's Final Smash, but the song and the eerie bubble seem to come from/inspired from Luigi's Mansion.

EDIT: @ zero suit falcon- Yeah Jiggly is a balloon Pkmn.

The-Judge

Banned via Administration
Luigis smash attack kinda reminds me of his ending in Super Paper Mario, as that big, black demon thingy

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
How do you do Jigglypuff's Final Smash on the Lowest Floor of Hyrule Temple....I bet she just goes up to the ceiling and gets smaller like a wall.

Nemar Pott

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's Final Smash comes from a move called Za Warudo (in English it's "The World")
The move orginates from a game called Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by a character named Dio Brando.
It inverts all colors and freezes time. It's basically just a popular internet hype. The move has been sampled by multiple sources including the comic strip Garfield.

Luigi's Final Smash differs in some small aspects, but it is clearly based off of Za Warudo

finalark

SNORLAX
Can you still use your moves when you are Giant Jiggs? If so, rest could become very useful....

But honestly I don't know what they were thinking when they made Jiggs' Final Smash.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
No, you can't do anything while Jiggs is doing her final smash, but when she is deflating people near her get hit for high knockback and damage.

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet
For Luigi's, you get INfected status and the "flower" will grow if you stay inside too long (I think)
Your dmg ration becomes much higher, you become slower, and you MAY fall asleep (but i could be wrong about that).

Jigglypuff's causes you to grow and take up the entire stage, thereby pushing them off. The attack lasts long enough to stop them from recovering if used right. You also become invincible.

rexpro02

Smash Cadet
nah... i m pretty sure that luigi's FS is mangekyou sharingan + drunken fist... luigi is an uchiha...

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I've found another effect to Luigi's FS.
I've finally gotten to play Brawl for the first time yesterday, and so I've played(Fox) with the friend who has Brawl(Luigi) and my brother(Ike) on Delfino Plaza in a 5 minute timed match(My friend haven't played Smash before, so we didn't want him to drop out of the match much earlier than us)
Anyway, after a while my friend got the pity FS(Like I said, never played before), and used it right when landing back on the stage.
Natural instincts of someone who just seen Luigi's FS a few times and never experiencing it, made me try and jump out of the weird circle before I got effected by it, fortunatly for the study of the FS(Unfortunatly for me myself), I was close enough to the edge of the circle to jump right out of it before being affected by anything except the slo-mo moving speed(No Lip's Stick, no sleep, stun etc.), the moment I got out of the circle, I somehow just got sent flying sideways out of the screen and dying, at only 40%, there were no items on my side of the stage, and I wasn't attacking at all so I couldn't have hit an appearing explosive either. Just like that, sent flying as soon as I left the circle. My brother didn't know anything about the FS so he just took the regular effects inside the circle.

Anyway, I don't have acess to the game til monday, so I would be glad if someone else could experiment with this, just get Luigi to use the FS and run out of it before being effected by it(You might need a fast character).
Now I'm not sure at all, but it might've been a side effect of it being a pity FS, so you should look into that as well, just experiment.

Ice_Dragon

Smash Cadet
Remember, this is Super Smash Bros. Nothing Sakurai does will ever make sense, that's what makes these games so incredible. I mean, who else could have thought of making Luigi dance like a goon inside a Green Bubble of Inverted Colours? And who else would have made Jigg's push everyone off the stage instead of just having a clone of Peach's Final Smash without the Peach's? Anyways, those are the most interesting Final Smashes in the game, in my opinion, so I'm happy with them. Although, if it'd been me, I would've given Jigg's a Pink Landmaster. ^_^

3D King

Smash Journeyman
What I got from that trophy description of Luigi's made it sound like it kind of originated from some of the ideas of Super Paper Mario, but I haven't played that yet and I'm guessing just on the facts I've read on the storyline.

But it's not like Mario's originates from a game either (but it totally should be in all new Mario games from now on)

Grandeza

Smash Master
Actually, I've found another effect to Luigi's FS.
I've finally gotten to play Brawl for the first time yesterday, and so I've played(Fox) with the friend who has Brawl(Luigi) and my brother(Ike) on Delfino Plaza in a 5 minute timed match(My friend haven't played Smash before, so we didn't want him to drop out of the match much earlier than us)
Anyway, after a while my friend got the pity FS(Like I said, never played before), and used it right when landing back on the stage.
Natural instincts of someone who just seen Luigi's FS a few times and never experiencing it, made me try and jump out of the weird circle before I got effected by it, fortunatly for the study of the FS(Unfortunatly for me myself), I was close enough to the edge of the circle to jump right out of it before being affected by anything except the slo-mo moving speed(No Lip's Stick, no sleep, stun etc.), the moment I got out of the circle, I somehow just got sent flying sideways out of the screen and dying, at only 40%, there were no items on my side of the stage, and I wasn't attacking at all so I couldn't have hit an appearing explosive either. Just like that, sent flying as soon as I left the circle. My brother didn't know anything about the FS so he just took the regular effects inside the circle.

Anyway, I don't have acess to the game til monday, so I would be glad if someone else could experiment with this, just get Luigi to use the FS and run out of it before being effected by it(You might need a fast character).
Now I'm not sure at all, but it might've been a side effect of it being a pity FS, so you should look into that as well, just experiment.
someone should definitely test this out because that seems very intriguing and could really add to the fs power.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
When you get caught in the Luigi time/space-contradicting warpzone, you take damage like you have a flower on your head, slow down, and I think keep falling asleep. Also, after Luigi is done dancing, he can move around and send you flying! I think he can hit farther in w/e the hell that place is.

Jigglypuff inflates to a drastic degree (even more when you have a Mushroom) and push people away. I'm not sure, but maybe if you attack it you get bounced back. Also, at the end of the inflation, a shock wave or something comes out and you can get knocked away. It's not that useless; it just hasn't been tested that much.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Explanation for Luigi's final smash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlHxQmd4yCI
ZA WEEGEE

Final Smashes in Mario Games?

Woah o_o
This must be studied moar

EDIT:
His trophy reads;
"As exotic music plays, he performs a dance befitting a sorcerous incantation. A barrier envelops him, negatively impacting all in his area. Random effects include getting launched, sleeping, moving in slow motion, tripping, fainting, and losing attack power. This technique is a reflection of the dark side he embraced in his brother's shadow."

Proven

Smash Apprentice
People should also realize that it sets up for Luigi's UpB to be a near instant KO.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I think Luigi gets insane knockback when he attacks someone inside the bubble.

And when Jigglypuff reaches full size and makes a wierd noise, everyone flies off the stage. Not too hard to get back from unless Jiggs is right on the edge.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Wow.
Luigi's trophy explanation is excellent. XD

Dunno if anyone said it clearly yet, but Jigglypuff's scream during her FS will send you flying if you're touching her. Looks like that, from a video. First one I saw of her FS, the other player somehow didn't touch her at all (or fall) during the FS), so it looked completely useless. But it's not!

Proven

Smash Apprentice
She doesn't make a weird noise, she just yells out her name (japanese name).

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
This isn't discussion about what their Final Smashes do, it's discussion of what the heck Sakurai was thinking when he chose the FSs. I was so disappointed when there were no ghosts on Luigi's Mansion stage and was even more disappointed when his FS didn't have anything to do with his own original game! What was Sakurai thinking?

When I saw Jigglypuff in Brawl, I thought "If he has a song and a marker on his FS, I'll be fine." Well, to my dismay, it had absolutely NOTHING to represent her character. What was Sakurai thinking?

Why does Luigi's role always have to be the shadow of Mario? He's better than that.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
All I got from this topic for Jigglypuff is "Ookikunaru".

And here's the trophy description:

Jigglypuff's Final Smash. It wills its body to get bigger and bigger and bigger. It can't move, and it can't attack--all it can do is get bigger while everyone else looks on. However, it's invulnerable, and it overpowers all attacks to gradually push its opponents off the screen. It's a very simple technique, but how it's used determines its effectiveness.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
This isn't discussion about what their Final Smashes do, it's discussion of what the heck Sakurai was thinking when he chose the FSs. I was so disappointed when there were no ghosts on Luigi's Mansion stage and was even more disappointed when his FS didn't have anything to do with his own original game! What was Sakurai thinking?
He was thinking of ZA WARUDO
and ZA WARUDO > Boos
srsly

Top Bottom