• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff 1.15

3MP1R3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0259-0579-0472
can confirm nothing on damage changes
everything else that I can't test feels the same :/

D

Deleted member

looooooool. I feel bad for you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Even Zelda and Samus got buffs this time around

Guess we're doomed to stay in the Dedede club

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta got changes this patch, aren't we now the only character to not receive any changes outside of bugfixes?

D

Deleted member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta got changes this patch, aren't we now the only character to not receive any changes outside of bugfixes?
Because Jigglypuff's inclusion in Smash 64 was legitimately as a joke character, and Sakurai has been treating her like that since. Simple really.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai sees our strength of character and determination as a threat to all humanity; buffs would lead to world domination.

Still, indirect buffs! Yay! (If nothing else ends up being found.)

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Because Jigglypuff's inclusion in Smash 64 was legitimately as a joke character, and Sakurai has been treating her like that since. Simple really.
Even joke characters have care put into them. Like Dan Hibiki from SF eventhough he is a joke character in some versions of the game he is considered to be very good.
We have tools, but they do not measure up those of the other characters at this point and I'm unsure as to whether Sakurai genuinely does not care about Puff or if he does not know about her big problems.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
if they got rid of sing and gave her a new up b, she would be a million times better. i guarantee that.

3MP1R3

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0259-0579-0472
I'm honestly so shocked that she hasn't been touched at all (besides rest's flower % which is stupid bc it's supposed to be a kill move). Although I feel like the last 2 patches were focusing on a specific group of characters. Like last time were fire emblem and falco, this time the low tier ladies and charizard. Idk. Puff isnt even my main but I've always had fun playing w her in all games. I just want to not feel powerless playing as her...

[BROF]

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff is highly viable in both 64 and melee. In melee she's a monster. From brawl onwards is when she fell from glory.
Also Jigglyboard, don't lose hope. We know now for a fact that "development ending" now just means what most thought it meant, no more DLC. Jiggly might get what she needs later on.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
This is just...so dissapointing. With Zelda being buffed, Dorf being buffed, and Palu being buffed, I think it's official.
Jiggs is now the worst character in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I think the only character worse than Jigglypuff at this point is 1111 Mii Brawler. Good to know my two favorite characters are both trash.

D

Deleted member

I think the only character worse than Jigglypuff at this point is 1111 Mii Brawler. Good to know my two favorite characters are both trash.
I've always felt like those two are the worst characters in the game. 1111 Mii Brawler... Is literally incapable of killing.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
This is just...so dissapointing. With Zelda being buffed, Dorf being buffed, and Palu being buffed, I think it's official.
Jiggs is now the worst character in Smash 4.
I was pretty vocal about this even before this patch. Now it's a given.

I'm honestly so shocked that she hasn't been touched at all (besides rest's flower % which is stupid bc it's supposed to be a kill move). Although I feel like the last 2 patches were focusing on a specific group of characters. Like last time were fire emblem and falco, this time the low tier ladies and charizard. Idk. Puff isnt even my main but I've always had fun playing w her in all games. I just want to not feel powerless playing as her...
Actually... We didn't even get the extra flower percent. That was a testing error.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
I'm sorry you guys. If it was up to me all the "j tiers" would've received buffs. Even though my Samus game will be better, I'm picking up jiggly as a secondary in honor of you fellow low tier troopers. Hang in their guys, there may still be hope.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
It's not like Puff sucks she's just outdated and even then she still has fantastic moves. Enough with the pity party it's not really accomplishing too much :/
if they got rid of sing and gave her a new up b, she would be a million times better. i guarantee that.
It would make a fantastic Gimmick taunt

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Come on now, you people can't be moping. If anything, this is a step up from before. Not only did several of Jigglypuff's enemies get nerfed, but now we know that balance patches still exist, so there's hope yet. I thought that the Puff Army would be stronger than this.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Come on now, you people can't be moping. If anything, this is a step up from before. Not only did several of Jigglypuff's enemies get nerfed, but now we know that balance patches still exist, so there's hope yet. I thought that the Puff Army would be stronger than this.
Low tier warriors all have surges of enthusiasm. Give them a day or two to accept the soul crushing results then the resolve will reignite. That's how long it usually took Samus mains to accept being skipped over

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Low tier warriors all have surges of enthusiasm. Give them a day or two to accept the soul crushing results then the resolve will reignite. That's how long it usually took Samus mains to accept being skipped over
Not to sound spiteful, but any "soul crushing" at this point is completely at that person's fault. We've been ignored since the game came out, why all of a sudden get your hopes up?

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Not to sound spiteful, but any "soul crushing" at this point is completely at that person's fault. We've been ignored since the game came out, why all of a sudden get your hopes up?
Because without hope things are boring. Even if someone gets soul crushed it only shows their love and investment in a character, so yeah maybe that's their fault but can you really harp on passion? Don't be to harsh on those who are grieving, give them some leeway. Maining a low tier is emotionallying draining for most, it's impressive that they keep at it despite the hardship

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the only thing I'm upset about is that I lost a great replay for the community montage (unlike the ones I already sent in); was playing with a friend, went to upload it, and the game told me I'd have to update first, so of course now the replay is broken. Patch came like a ninja. :p

Don't even see much "moping" going on here compared to past patches anyway, to be honest. Those who are currently down will rally as they did before, I'm sure. :)

KillMinusNine

Smash Rookie
Don't want to sound rude but I believe puff is suppose to be low tier. He is the kind of character you grab to troll your friend.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Don't want to sound rude but I believe puff is suppose to be low tier. He is the kind of character you grab to troll your friend.
Said the bowser main whos looking to ignite an arguement. From what I've seen dude your barking up the wrong tree, this community seems pretty chill, your not gonna get much of a reaction. You'd have better luck trolling the shiek mains who are wailing over the nerf hammer. Or just not troll at all, like a serious smasher.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
knew there was to be yet another update.

Jigglypuff hasn't been changed, and I think another kill option or two would boost her up more than a whole tier.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
jesus! what do i have to do to get Sakurai to pay attention to Jiggs? S*** his ***k?

Top Bottom