• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jeebus vs Grandeza

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Actually, I believe that to truly be ripped... I saw that picture of the bottle and stuff when I was browsing through the art emporium and found a tutorial on making effects on pictures... One of those pictures they made a tutorial on was that one... Let me find the link, I'm sure I saw that picture somewhere...

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
Nope, it isn't ripped, I used the resource pack from the tut to get a closer result, but I did some of the effects MY way and plus, I didn't get his .psd, therefore no ripping for me, and it is just horrible to accuse someone of that, study my peice, and the result from this tut:http://sneaux125.deviantart.com/art/It-s-HPNOTIQ-Tutorial-81287997 and tell me that I still ripped that instead of just using the resource pack he provided in his comments, I've also used those c4ds and fractals on heaps of other sigs too, including the les paul further in the thread

L__

Smash Master

i win, jk it came out worse than i thought :-\ but it's decent in my books
I wanted to bring this up because if you compare these, they're similar in their own ways.

Bad compo, bad C4D blending........bah.

If i would've used the gift I made for Cobra on Guild Inn, I'd win easily, here it is,

credit goes to sneaux for the tut and gflare for finding it though
Bad text

Terrible text

Random brushing

Bad blending

Bad compo

...I see the credits for the wine glass stock thing you used. What?

Not to mention the glass thing is so **** pixelated at the edges. x_x

Seriously? ._."

I apologize.

But, I can honestly say that I cannot stand your LPs.

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
WHAT THE **** JEEBUS? YOU GOD **** ******** FREAK! I WAS THE ONE WHO POSTED THAT TUTORIAL- FOR VIEWING AND LEARNING ONLY, WHAT YOU HAVE THERE FRIGGIN IDEA, STYLE, EXCECUTION, EVERYTHING RIPPING! NONE OF THAT IS YOURS! EVEN THE C4DS AND STOCK ARE THE SAME? TAKE THIS OFF OR I WILL CONTACT A MODERATOR. And then again, you managed to still make it look pretty bad...

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
AHERM, ON BEHALF OF ALL SWF, GFLARE, SHUT THE HELL UP

he posted the resource pack, and I'd used that tut for multiple different things before that, I just had some time to kill and the stuff to make it, so I did. Contacting a moderator isn't gonna do anything either. What is it supposed to do? Oooooh ban me for making something that's close to a tuts original result, oooooh

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
AHERM, ON BEHALF OF ALL SWF, GFLARE, SHUT THE HELL UP

he posted the resource pack, and I'd used that tut for multiple different things before that, I just had some time to kill and the stuff to make it, so I did. Contacting a moderator isn't gonna do anything either. What is it supposed to do? Oooooh ban me for making something that's close to a tuts original result, oooooh
I´m pretty sure like half of the SWF artwork emporium hates you already, so I don´t feel as guilty saying this. First things first- IDEA RIPPING IS STILL FRIKKIN RIPPING! You are taking the friggin tut, following it with the EXACT SAME stock AND effect c4ds as the maker, posting it here to compete against something someone else made from their own ideas. So you´re gonna say YOU made it? Hell no, not if you´re sane. Then again, you might not be. Btw, it´s not close to the tut´s result, it´s much worst. Point being, none of it is yours. Someone else´s technique which you should´ve maybe just slightly adapted/ learned from, you´re saying it´s your own original work. Oh please.

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
Lol, u take out of context too much gflare, i never said it was my unique original tag, I just said that i did it with my gimp, he just did it first and told me how >_>

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
So you´re using someone else´s tag in a competition, ripping of ideas and excecution... According to you, "he made it first and showed you how", so it´s obviously his, not yours. Oh, whatever, I´ve made myself clear enough, and you don´t seem to have much comon sense.

HabiT

Smash Apprentice
A lot of the tuts I've seen actually advise you to use the same stock/render that the tutorial used. I don't see what's wrong with what Jeebus did. He said he's bad at LP's, and that's a great tutorial to help him get better at them. The tutorial isn't particularly good, though, because it's based on that render (as in you're not really going to find any other renders that would go well with that tutorial). It's also not even the same as the creator. Though similar, there's a significant difference (no light on the tip of the bottle, no fractal on the bottom of the bottle, way different (worse) text, more filled space, random brushing, and random c4ds). I think it's better to try the tutorial with the stock/render that the tut was based on, seeing as I think you'd learn better from it (although I think you should do another sig based on the tutorial afterwards). He also gave the creator and adviser credit. If the creator of the tutorial posted the resource pack, then I'm sure he wouldn't care if someone did basically the same LP as him.

Maybe Jeebus should have just used it as practice to get better with LP's and NOT have posted it, but I don't think what he did was too wrong. I think Gflare went way overboard. Assuming you're not Sneux125, Gflare, I don't think you get a say in what people do with the tutorial. He also didn't use the tag in the competition --- he used it as a gift for whoever Cobra is, and said he WOULD HAVE used it, IF he hadn't used it as a gift.

Gflare, I respect you since you contribute to the Artwork Emporium significantly, but you do need to get your facts straight, and get off Jeebus's back.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I suggest you have this little war in some sort of chat room or via pms, because you are in fact spamming the forum....

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
Completely agree. Problem solved.

I would keep this in mind for the future.
I´ll have that as contentment. You´re not supposed to call something yours when it´s not. Idk though, I´m already out of the mood for this discussion.

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
I´m pretty sure like half of the SWF artwork emporium hates you already, so I don´t feel as guilty saying this. First things first- IDEA RIPPING IS STILL FRIKKIN RIPPING! You are taking the friggin tut, following it with the EXACT SAME stock AND effect c4ds as the maker, posting it here to compete against something someone else made from their own ideas. So you´re gonna say YOU made it? Hell no, not if you´re sane. Then again, you might not be. Btw, it´s not close to the tut´s result, it´s much worst. Point being, none of it is yours. Someone else´s technique which you should´ve maybe just slightly adapted/ learned from, you´re saying it´s your own original work. Oh please.
Last word in. QFT.

It is ripping technically, Theres not much left for me to say (**** missed the drama) because its been said alredy. You should have just used it for learning purposes, and not posted it.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Jeebus is REALLY cocky, he isn't that good. Most of your **** is simple. Really Jeebus, you need to become less egotistical.

Top Bottom