• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jc_off_the_heezay's Sheik (New matches!!!!)

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
I'm just trying to get better with my Sheik as much as possible so I'll be putting up matches here instead of making new useless threads every time. I'll update almost every other day or so. Oh By the way Jc_Off_The_Heezay = JOTH

Vids can be watched in High quality

Newest Matches

Sheik vs. C.Falcon 2/4/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Du-IEsTmY&feature=channel_page

Sheik vs. Snake 2/4/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPZXeiMpOxg&feature=channel

Other matches

Sheik vs C.Falcon 2/3/09 (A must watch, especially ending XD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZSrUw0bcnI&feature=channel_page

Sheik vs R.O.B. 2/3/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkKUmoEVmrA&feature=channel

Flamingo

Smash Lord
I'll take a look at these. Not critiquing unless you post them in the Sheik vids and critique thread, k?

Edit: Screw it, I'll help you out.

Cons:
Don't do aggressive Vanishes wildly... if you are going to do it, at least aim please. OMG DON'T USE SUCCESSIVE VANISHES... Soooo predictable.

-Less random dash attack.

-Don't Roll Dodge behind your opponent. Ever. Need BlisteringSpeed to post the frame data AGAIN?

-Don't try to gimp by edge grabbing, go off the ledge and take the fight to them.

Pros:
-The one thing I liked was how you utilized the chain tether every time when recovering. Good job.

To help your game:
-Use Short Hopped aerials more, especially try picking up spacing using bair.

-The reason roll dodging toward your opponent is bad is that you have a lot of lag frames where you are vulnerable, and while in the dash, your opponent ill most likely use a Dsmash to punish you. (Dsmash is the average smash with the least amount of frames to come out, and most Dsmashes hit behind the person using it too.)
So essentially roll dodge toward opponent = free hit for opponent.
You probably have played as Pit or Lucario (best roll dodges in the game, and are actually acceptable to use) a lot recently, or just have not had decent opponents to punish you. (Like a chronically suiciding ROB)

As an alternative for the roll dodge approach, try short hopping back airs, sheild cancelling your dashes->read your opponent's response->punish accordingly

Also, especially against an opponent like Captain Falcon, you can needle camp, and make them come to you! That makes it loads easier :)

Hope this helps your game mate. It may sound like a lot going wrong, but I got the same critique from the Sheiks here and they helped my game get A LOT better.

PS: post video here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218085, others won't be so generous.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
I'll take a look at these. Not critiquing unless you post them in the Sheik vids and critique thread, k?

Edit: Screw it, I'll help you out. Don't do aggressive Vanishes wildly... if you are going to do it, at least aim please.

Less random dash attack.

Don't try to gimp by edge grabbing, go off the ledge and take the fight to them.

PS: post video here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218085, others won't be so generous.
Sweet. Thanks.

I was just trying to get the kill, these were just some random friendlies. I never use that. You can watch my other matches or ones to come (in other thread :p) and you'll see. Thanks a ton though.

Yeah I have a habit trying to gimp like that. I honestly have no clue why.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Sweet. Thanks.

I was just trying to get the kill, these were just some random friendlies. I never use that. You can watch my other matches or ones to come (in other thread :p) and you'll see. Thanks a ton though.

Yeah I have a habit trying to gimp like that. I honestly have no clue why.
Half my game is about the gimp. I just wish the Wii where we play would be kinda less populated so we can record 1v1s again instead of doing doubles. Keep checking my initial post, I am editing it as we speak.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice
Half my game is about the gimp. I just wish the Wii where we play would be kinda less populated so we can record 1v1s again instead of doing doubles. Keep checking my initial post, I am editing it as we speak.
Must suck. "/

Yeah noticed and will keep everything you say in mind.
Well will try. Thanks again.

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice

Edit: Screw it, I'll help you out.

Cons:
Don't do aggressive Vanishes wildly... if you are going to do it, at least aim please. OMG DON'T USE SUCCESSIVE VANISHES... Soooo predictable.

-Less random dash attack.

-Don't Roll Dodge behind your opponent. Ever. Need BlisteringSpeed to post the frame data AGAIN?

-Don't try to gimp by edge grabbing, go off the ledge and take the fight to them.

Pros:
-The one thing I liked was how you utilized the chain tether every time when recovering. Good job.

To help your game:
-Use Short Hopped aerials more, especially try picking up spacing using bair.

-The reason roll dodging toward your opponent is bad is that you have a lot of lag frames where you are vulnerable, and while in the dash, your opponent ill most likely use a Dsmash to punish you. (Dsmash is the average smash with the least amount of frames to come out, and most Dsmashes hit behind the person using it too.)
So essentially roll dodge toward opponent = free hit for opponent.
You probably have played as Pit or Lucario (best roll dodges in the game, and are actually acceptable to use) a lot recently, or just have not had decent opponents to punish you. (Like a chronically suiciding ROB)

As an alternative for the roll dodge approach, try short hopping back airs, sheild cancelling your dashes->read your opponent's response->punish accordingly

Also, especially against an opponent like Captain Falcon, you can needle camp, and make them come to you! That makes it loads easier :)

Hope this helps your game mate. It may sound like a lot going wrong, but I got the same critique from the Sheiks here and they helped my game get A LOT better.

I don't see this as bad!
I'm glad your not holding back just makes me realize what I'm doing wrong and that will help me become a better sheik maybe smasher overall!

Flamingo

Smash Lord
I don't see this as bad!
I'm glad your not holding back just makes me realize what I'm doing wrong and that will help me become a better sheik maybe smasher overall!
Sheik is one of the most difficult characters to play both effectively and competitively... She is so manual and requires a lot of precision and spacing to make her moves land. If you can improve your Sheik, no doubt you will be able to improve with other characters, indirectly of course, but still.

Dangit, liven up Sheik boards!

Top Bottom