• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JC toss

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
So my friend told me alot of high level diddys use this. I dot know what it is and cant find any threads about it. Can someone provide a youtube link or explain to me how/ the usage of this tech?

Player-1

Smash Legend
JC tossing is jump canceled toss. It's when you jump in a direction and then throw an item immediately after and you get the same effects of a glide toss.

Sails

Smash Ace
I've found that the JC toss is great for banana control. It throws the banana a shorter distance than the glide toss, yet still moves you forward without the running throw lag. This helps tremendously near the edge so as to not toss it off the edge. Only problem is, I often forget about it and do just fine without it.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
JC toss is vary underrated in my opinion. Unlike the glide toss, JC item toss can be buffered out of all of Diddy's moves. I try to use this move when ever I can

sai_:)

Smash Ace
We can talk about how cool jc toss "could" be but we all know were just going to use the regular glide toss. It's how its been for like a year

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
OoS:

Standing Throw == Smash Throw > Weak Glide Toss > Glide Toss > JC Toss > Weak Glide Toss

EDIT: Weak Glide Toss probably takes the longest due to the fact that you have to wait a few more frames before canceling your Roll than you would a regular Glide Toss, and Standing Throw and Smash Throw take the same amount of time now that I think about it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
did you test the data for a regular throw? Because I remember Shaya saying that they were the same, even though they don't seem like it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
they might come out of diddy's hand the same time but all i know is that the smash throw gets to target faster lol :p

Top Bottom