• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JC Shine

Kiyoru

Smash Cadet
I think it stands for Jump-Cancel Shine.. but I was wondering, what are the order of buttons you have to press for this? Because I have seen some videos, and from what I think, people must be slamming those buttons insanely fast. I only wanna know how to do it, so I can practise, maybe..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg06jxNgxj0 - this is what I mean..

NG7

Smash Lord
Down B, Jump, before you leave the ground Down B again. Just keep repeating that really fast.

Kiyoru

Smash Cadet
Down B, Jump, before you leave the ground Down B again. Just keep repeating that really fast.
O___O

That's what I thought, but .. you gotta be SOOO fast. Impossible o:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
not impossible, quite easy once you know the trick.
actually, a jc shine is very specifically a jump, then the first frame you're in the air, a shine. you will then fall to the ground in the frames you cannot jump out of the shine in, once you're on the ground again, you can repeat the process to produce double- / multi- shines. It can also be used out of a shield, or out of a dash.

probably the best method for doing so (non-claw) is to slide your thumb from y > b, then lift, rinse, and repeat if necessary.

also note, that it's not a very useful technique, and you should probably learn many other aspects of fox before jc shines, since they're not very useful.

Kiyoru

Smash Cadet
Hmm, but when I jump out of my shine with Fox, he jumps so high.. I don't understand how they can fall down again so quickly, only to shine again.

I only wanna do it to impress my friends :)

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Well it's not that complicated, but I'd say the best way to do it is to make a deal with the robot devil for his hands. (I really hope other people watch Futurama)

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
My Fox/Falco Special combo literal
Flare Reflector:Shine, Up-B
Not completely tested cuz I'm not sure what a Sheik does to counter it.
But it does work better for Falco! Maybe you guys could test it for me!

eyekx

Smash Rookie
Hey i'm no pro but I was trying to do the same thing you want to and I ran into this video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyVVu_1XeS0

and it worked for me...it seems like the sequence is different than what the other people on here are saying but i dunno this worked for me. I'm thinking instead of shining after you jump you jump immediately out of your shine because in the video the guy first does his shine and then slides his thumb to x and then presses L or R after a while i was able to get like 3 down but I'm really inconsistent maybe I'm confused :) this is like my first post so hope i helped :)

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
It is like the first few people said, just jump>down-B>jump>down-B>...
maybe you could try on training on 2/3 or 1/2 or 1/4 speed, i've done it there, but only in the slow ways :p not at 1x speed :(

eyekx, that there are waveshines, they're a bit more difficult buttonwise, not sure if also doing them is harder, but waveshines work better, they're more useful for combos and such, also the haveshine involves a wavedash while the jcshine doesnt, so maybe if you're not very familiar or can pull out wavedashes very good it'd be a good idea to train wavedashing, the waveshining ;)

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I slide my finger from Y to B. Its all practice. I would NOT practice at slower speeds, it will just screw up your timing. Just practice during intermissions after you take a stock from someone. Its all practice.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You don't fall down. You shine before you even leave the ground.
technically, you shine on the frame you leave the ground, and it takes 3 frames to land (coincidentally the same # of frames you can't jump out of a shine in).

Also, Practicing anything at a lower/ faster speed is only going to make it harder to learn.

Brookman

Smash Hero
technically, you shine on the frame you leave the ground, and it takes 3 frames to land (coincidentally the same # of frames you can't jump out of a shine in).

Also, Practicing anything at a lower/ faster speed is only going to make it harder to learn.
You don't want to slow down the speed of the game but you can slow down the speed at which you do things till your fingers become used to the motion, then speed up the motion until you do it fluidly.

XSkyShadowX

Smash Apprentice
I just wana learn how to JC SHINE FAST so when i kill someone i could show off nd do like 1000000 JC shine until they get back on stage :) lol jp. but its just something fun to learn..

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
My records 7 with falco, 4 with fox. I know it's nothing compared to some.

I just hit B & X really fast with my thumb.

ch_checkmeout

Smash Apprentice
I remember finding out JC Shine on accident, because I couldn't Waveshine then so I mashed Y and B while holding down.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw it.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
I prefer waveshines. Way easier for me. Not too hard, as when doing them in place, it's much like the JC shine in that you hold down the control stick the whole time, then just .. B>Y,R>B>Y,R>B, etc..

Once you get that down, you can practice waveshining across stages. I've gotten quite good at it, though sometimes when doing it I tilt the control stick too far left or right trying to get the longest wavedash possible and end up air dodging sideways.

felix45

Smash Lord
every time my friend shows off with jc shines over and over after I die I **** him with a bair or uair once he messes up and ends up sitting in the air with the lag from the last shine he did. or if he is being particularly stupid sometimes I'll just walk up and usmash. he can do like 20 w/ falco and 10 w/ fox usually but I honestly cant think of anything more useless to learn than doing jc shines over and over.

jc shines over and over is wasted time. waveshine is good but jc shines over and over are the dumbest thing ever. end of story.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
actually, they're fun as hell. they scare the **** out of jiggs if you can do like 8-10 on their shield. they can also be used to infinite space animals against a wall, but not particullarly useful in a real game.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Its just B nd X/Y? I Press B then X nd R really fast. but i cant seem to do it as fast as those people on Youtube nd crap.
That's because your doing the in place waveshine. Your basically shining then jumping and wavedashing down and shining again. Everyone else is talking about JC shines. Easiest way to do it for me is just to hold down and slide my thumb quickly from Y to B over and over. It's much better for Falco and easier imo as it doesn't really have a real use for Fox but it has its merits for Falco plus it's easier to do with him (I use X and B for Falco). The only thing learning to JC shine with Fox has really done for me is give me another victory dance, and enabled me to shine JC phantasm Luigis pretty well (which is fun).

XSkyShadowX

Smash Apprentice
That's because your doing the in place waveshine. Your basically shining then jumping and wavedashing down and shining again. Everyone else is talking about JC shines. Easiest way to do it for me is just to hold down and slide my thumb quickly from Y to B over and over. It's much better for Falco and easier imo as it doesn't really have a real use for Fox but it has its merits for Falco plus it's easier to do with him (I use X and B for Falco). The only thing learning to JC shine with Fox has really done for me is give me another victory dance, and enabled me to shine JC phantasm Luigis pretty well (which is fun).
Hmmm nice.. ill try it that way then lol. wow I though i was JC cuz i was doin the Waveshine in place pretty quick lol. but thanx

Kiyoru

Smash Cadet
Why are people saying you use R? Wouldn't that be waveshining?

I usually use X for jump instead of Y, so I guess I'll slide my finger over from B to X then back to B and repeat, while constantly holding down.. is this right?

^^

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I remember finding out JC Shine on accident, because I couldn't Waveshine then so I mashed Y and B while holding down.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw it.
thats how i learned about it, like forever ago i figured it out while practicing and was amazed until i did a little research and learned what it was (the nub part of that story is that after i discovered it i tried to name it rapidshining)

and it can be useful at times, besides showing off, just about 30 minutes ago my friend (paranormalsin) was marth and i put him into a corner on peaches castle (facing the wall) and rapidshined unti his shield broke

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
I know it's not useful for most people, but watching Lunin JC shine someone to 200+ % against a wall is one of the most amazing things I ever seen in smash.

Top Bottom