• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
Jaystring, I've been meaning to ask. What is the purple and fuchsia haired Ganon based on? Or is it just a recolor? Same question for your yellow/black/red variant.
those 2 specific ones where done by Kuro I believe (purple and yellow). Purple I think was Kuro's own creation and the yellow one was based on Gilgamesh from Fate Zero I believe.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Worked a bit on PS1 Cloud tonight before starting recolors for him. I added a very subtle spec to the material to make the model get a tiny bit of volume (the old version was kind of very flat)

Also, Not sure If I showed this one but FF7 Cloud also has a white recolor

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
Worked a bit on PS1 Cloud tonight before starting recolors for him. I added a very subtle spec to the material to make the model get a tiny bit of volume (the old version was kind of very flat)

Also, Not sure If I showed this one but FF7 Cloud also has a white recolor

I think we can all agree that we appreciate all the time and effort that Jaystring places into these mods. These aren't just simple model imports.

jaystring

Smash Ace
That's some low-poly goodness right there
Thanks!!

I think we can all agree that we appreciate all the time and effort that Jaystring places into these mods. These aren't just simple model imports.
Thanks a lot! I appreciate the comment!

I've started KH's recolor now (will show soon, not fully ready) and also decided to do some testing/experiments

I've edited a Rim light material to create a very mean looking KH CLoud costume which will be included in the pack!

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
Thanks!!

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the comment!

I've started KH's recolor now (will show soon, not fully ready) and also decided to do some testing/experiments

I've edited a Rim light material to create a very mean looking KH CLoud costume which will be included in the pack!

Do the eye go yellow with the smash ball? You know, like a Heartless. And yes... I was scared.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
That is an awesome costume for him. Fits his style/look with the demon wing and drifter scarf he's got on.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Do the eye go yellow with the smash ball? You know, like a Heartless. And yes... I was scared.
yes he will have yellow eyes

That is an awesome costume for him. Fits his style/look with the demon wing and drifter scarf he's got on.
Thanks!

Does Cloud have moving Eyes?
If you use him as an Ike costume yes, if you use him on ZeusLink Cloud PSA, at the moment no.

My models are fully setup for moving eyes but the problem is they have not been animated in the latest version of the Cloud PSA Fitmotion.

That's more on ZeusLink side for the moment.

Once i'm done with the first release of the costumes I would like to check with ZeuLink where he's at and maybe offer to help him on some stuff I can do for the PSA.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
We've seen the Dark KH Cloud, but we might like to see the other recolors... Mainly because it's harder to see in our minds. Also, looking forward the release. I'll be attached to my classic controller and making avatars with AC Green.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Thought you'd like to see your babies in action ;D
http://gamebanana.com/skins/152758
http://imgur.com/a/D0pqD
Whoa that's great! good job! Funny how he looks so similar now between both smash. It's getting hard to tell from screenshots if it's from Brawl or Smash 4

THAT LOWPOLY CLOUD IS EVERYTHING
Recolors are coming! soon!

We've seen the Dark KH Cloud, but we might like to see the other recolors... Mainly because it's harder to see in our minds. Also, looking forward the release. I'll be attached to my classic controller and making avatars with AC Green.
yeah! here they are! sorry I was busy most of the week with unrelated stuff, I didn't have time to mod or upload them before

anyway, here's 4 new recolors for KH Cloud! (and whoa!! Imgur is FINALLY fixed for me)(I had issues with it because of my ISP)

Red :

Green

Blue

and Yellow:

E-scope12

Smash Apprentice
Whoa that's great! good job! Funny how he looks so similar now between both smash. It's getting hard to tell from screenshots if it's from Brawl or Smash 4

Recolors are coming! soon!

yeah! here they are! sorry I was busy most of the week with unrelated stuff, I didn't have time to mod or upload them before

anyway, here's 4 new recolors for KH Cloud! (and whoa!! Imgur is FINALLY fixed for me)(I had issues with it because of my ISP)

Red :

Green

Blue

and Yellow:
Is this compatible with Project M?

Bag'O'Nuts

PM4LIFE
I added the HW Gannondorf costume and word sword (copy paste, FitGanon00, FitGanonMotionETC.pac) , however it still uses the OoT Swrod model. Did I do it incorrectly?

P.S. I'm new to moding PM

Last edited:

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
I assume the PS1 recolors are gonna completely match the Default (Dissidia Outfit) recolors... or do you think the dark leather won't translate too well in retro graphics? I already know its gonna be a thousands times better than my attempt at a PS1 recolors... I can't help but ask as someone that's tried it.

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
like the Red KH Cloud recolor, has a nice Red color. unlike some official smash recolors, Brawl Red Link and Smash 4 FF7 Red Cloud anyone?

Jamrocks

Smash Rookie
I added the HW Gannondorf costume and word sword (copy paste, FitGanon00, FitGanonMotionETC.pac) , however it still uses the OoT Swrod model. Did I do it incorrectly?

You should copy these two files FitGanon.pac & FitGanonMotionEtc.pac and replace them with the ones already in PM. The file FitGanon00.pac is a costume for ganondorf. I hope I've helped

Jamrocks

Smash Rookie
You should copy these two files FitGanon.pac & FitGanonMotionEtc.pac and replace them with the ones already in PM. The file FitGanon00.pac is a costume for ganondorf. I hope I've helped
The sword and the trident only appear to him to the first 5 suits of ganondorf (original costumes of zelda twilight)

jaystring

Smash Ace
hey, that yellow KH Cloud looks like Matthew from Fire Emblem 7
That's totally random! I didn't base them on anything while I was doing them

yeah I think that's because my "template" replace Brawl Ganon's sword but OOT sword is still there and will still be loaded on the costume slot that it's suposed to be it.

It's possible to modify which sword get loaded on any costumes by PSA but you'll need some more advanced modding skill to do it.

I assume the PS1 recolors are gonna completely match the Default (Dissidia Outfit) recolors... or do you think the dark leather won't translate too well in retro graphics? I already know its gonna be a thousands times better than my attempt at a PS1 recolors... I can't help but ask as someone that's tried it.
Well, I'll show them right now!

PS1 CLoud recolors :
Red

Green

Blue

Yellow

WHite

also a new KH White :

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
I decided to wait a few days before asking this, but is there a way for you to describe just how much is done on Cloud? You don't have to do too detail... just a percentage number is fine. I'm absolutely anxious about playing the mod and making art projects with AC Green.

jaystring

Smash Ace
hey bro J jaystring When you can show some progress of zelda Hyrule Warrios version?:estatic::lol:
Not yet! She's in "optimization phase" and I don't have a lot on progress on her yet

I decided to wait a few days before asking this, but is there a way for you to describe just how much is done on Cloud? You don't have to do too detail... just a percentage number is fine. I'm absolutely anxious about playing the mod and making art projects with AC Green.
Honestly, not much is left.

I might make some more recolors but all of them already have at least 4-5 now. I only have posing/icons to do really.

It's taking a while because I admit, I haven't been modding that much lately. I've been playing games in my free time these day (For Honor to be more specific)

I planned to do some progress this weekend!

jaystring

Smash Ace
It's been pretty quiet this week. Guess I'm breaking the ice.
yeah sorry, I was more busy then I thought + I had difficulty with the manikin costume which ended taking way more time then I thought because I tested all sorts of stuff for it.

anyway, here the latest version of the manikin costume :

Reference from the dissidia game:

Since the manikin shader and material was really close to my gold edit i've done on other mods, I've also done a Gold costume for Cloud

neox-the-neobian

Smash Cadet
really like the the manikin cloud costume but in my honest opinion I think that the gold cloud would be better being built from the ground up. also are you going to still do the ragna costume for AC cloud

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been here in a while. That Cloud is looking fantastic, now we need a good PSA for him
I'm looking forward to the Zelda and Sheik imports, HW Sheik specifically, keep up the great work!

Shren

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been here in a while. That Cloud is looking fantastic, now we need a good PSA for him
I'm looking forward to the Zelda and Sheik imports, HW Sheik specifically, keep up the great work!
What about that Sm4sh PSA that's been out for a bit?

neox-the-neobian

Smash Cadet
hey jaystring hows everything going for you? taking a vacation or just super busy either way hope everything is going well for you no matter what. just stopping by to give you a thanks for all the stuf that you have shown the brawl modding community up to this point.

jaystring

Smash Ace
hey jaystring hows everything going for you? taking a vacation or just super busy either way hope everything is going well for you no matter what. just stopping by to give you a thanks for all the stuf that you have shown the brawl modding community up to this point.
no i'm not really taking a break, I'm just very very busy at work these days and have little time to devote to modding right now.

I'm sorry it's taking so long for Cloud, especially since he's almost done

I know it's disappointing but I don't have much time to work on it these day.

and yes! I will do the ragna costume for AC CLoud! Actually might be the last costume left to do then I start the renders for CSPs. (and one day I'll finish the extra costumes I have started as extra update)

Just showed Manikin Cloud to my mentor SatoshiKura and he liked it... Just thought I'd let you know.
Thank you!!!

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I'm just gonna say it jaystring. I hope that someday you find the time to import Breath of the Wild Link ;)

Top Bottom