• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JaX: GiFT2 ~ RESULTS POSTED!!1

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this is understandable, since you guys are so far away from my tourney in venice

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
Get excite bike? wut

kris i got singles for mm but im pretty sure you cant read this so...

yea cant wait... i may show up early if it looks like its gonna rain or sumthin

also i'll try to contact luke and fast

Lizard

Smash Ace
Hey G!

Didn't tell me about this when you came a few days ago!

Don't know if we will be able to make it to this one, but keep Fluxxed up updated on future tourneys like this one

Good Luck!

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
Hey G!

Didn't tell me about this when you came a few days ago!

Don't know if we will be able to make it to this one, but keep Fluxxed up updated on future tourneys like this one

Good Luck!
Would you seriously go to this? Even though it's free? And there's no chance for profit whatsoever?

...sweet. You should totally show up just because you can.

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
Get excite bike? wut

kris i got singles for mm but im pretty sure you cant read this so...

yea cant wait... i may show up early if it looks like its gonna rain or sumthin

also i'll try to contact luke and fast
excite bike > excite truck

MM sounds good but....my smallest bill atm is a $50. Gmoney needs to go with me to Publix or something so I can make change and get some food.

GEOFF: TELL THEM ABOUT THE ****ING WINDOW.
lolwut, when did they fix the format = no censorship?

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
oops, forgot all about this tourney. Also, my lvl9CPU has been training hard and I think he's ready to kick some major ***.

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
Aw, poor lvl9CPU. I guess he'll have to team with an AI, poor dude.

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, I'll probably be skipping this next time. Sitting around and playing the same 6 people for 7 hours gets really old really fast.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
RESULTS!!1

Brawl DOUBLES

01: Gmoney + Orfn
02: Zan + Kevin
03: Gage + LukenessMonster
04: aznplaya92 + JrdnS
05: Veel + Fast

Brawl SINGLES

01: Gmoney
02: Gage
03: Orfn
04: Kevin
05: Zan
05: Veel* (oops...)
07: aznplaya92
07: Fast
09: LukenessMonster
09: JrdnS

MELEE DOUBLES

01: Gmoney + aznplaya92
02: Gage + Orfn
03: LukenessMonster + JrdnS

MELEE SINGLES

01: Gage* (came from winner's finals -- grand finals wasn't played out)
01: Gmoney
03: LukenessMonster
04: aznplaya92
05: Zan
05: JrdnS
07: Ping

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
results

brawl singles

1Gmoney
2Gage
3Orfn
4Kevin!!!
5Zan
5Veel*
7azn
7fast
9Luke
9JrdnS

brawl doubles

1Gmoney+orfn
2Zan+Kevin!!!
3Gage+Luke
4azn+JrdnS
5veel+fast

melee singles

1gage*
1gmoney
3luke
4azn
5Zan
5JrdnS
7ping

melee doubles

1gmoney+azn
2gage+orfn
3luke+jrnds

i'll make this fancier later... :)
all better now

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
too bad usernames aren't case sensitive. if they were you could've been orfn and I'd be Orfn

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
lan center in Jacksonville http://www.cyberspacejax.com/index_files/Page388.htm
have you guys every consider hosting any tournaments here? Wouldn't that solve the prize money issue.
It's not a money issue, it's a "nobody wants to put down money" issue. If only 12 people show up, we're going to have a Tallahassee situation (1st place gets $12, 2nd gets $4...)

We know about it (and others). We could easily find a venue and host these for money but the problem is the people of Jax... No one is very willing to actually spend money in this town.
Restated: Nobody is willing to hand over their money to us on a biweekly basis

19666falcon

Smash Apprentice
start holding weeklies in the game room, then when it gets popular and has a lot of attendance then try to set up a tourney, all of this b1tching about how no one spends money in this town is getting old. maybe if you didn't hold the tournies in a dorm more people would show up, lol. No offense but everyone that I know is like "i'm not going if it's in someone's dorm" people don't like going to tournies where it's really cramped with a bunch of nerds all around each other, I don't mind it, but others do

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
start holding weeklies in the game room, then when it gets popular and has a lot of attendance then try to set up a tourney, all of this b1tching about how no one spends money in this town is getting old. maybe if you didn't hold the tournies in a dorm more people would show up, lol. No offense but everyone that I know is like "i'm not going if it's in someone's dorm" people don't like going to tournies where it's really cramped with a bunch of nerds all around each other, I don't mind it, but others do
lolwtf, no. The game room is the worst place to possibly attempt a tourney. People would get pissed at us for taking over for ~5-7 hours and half the people there are idiots anyways. The *******s at the counter love turning off the Wii's at random with the remotes and that weird *** ******** kid will walk up and be all

"Ar yooo gaiz using itums!? YOU GAIZ ARE NOOOBZ!"

btw, Inuyasha's final smash is so broken

It's not held in a dorm, it's held in the lounge at one of the Crossings buildings. There's more room there than in the game room. And nobody in this town spends money.

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
The UNF gameroom is probably one of the absolute worst places to host any kind of tournament. There's a very limited number of setups (a grand total of ONE for Brawl; for MELEE it's not that bad...). We could never even try to hide attempting to run it for money or doing MMs because the gameroom staff is always in your face. We'd get hassled a lot. Orfn and I (and you, 19666falcon) already know this very well.

This is not hosted out of my dorm room. This is hosted out of a lounge in my dorm which is quite roomy in general and provides more than enough space for multiple setups. We also don't get hassled. RAs have encouraged what I do (as long as money isn't involved andf talk about MMs is very quiet).

Know what the situation is before you talk about it.

Pritch

Smash Lord
To be fair, I ran a couple of tournaments out of the gameroom when I was there, but we were waaay subtle about the money and it was before teresa took over so things were a lot more relaxed there. Mostly just had to watch out for frank. Tyler (don't know if he's still running the gaming club) also ran a couple out of there that were school-related - meaning there was a prize but it was some kind of gift certificate deal - no admission or pot.

What I always thought about doing was seeing if I could reserve a couple of the 1700 rooms and run a more official school-related tournament, as I THINK that there's some sort of procedure you can go through to actually be able to charge admission and have a pot. I could never get enough interest in it though. It would get you a big venue though, if you thought you could attract enough people to make it worthwhile.

19666falcon

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't saying hold the tournies in the game room you people, learn how to read. I'm saying hold weekly friendlies, you know, encourage people to show up and get involved with smash, then once you have a big enough crowd to where there is a lot of people interested then hold a tourney somewhere. The only reason I don't know how you guys do the tourney is because you guys never answer your phones, and I think it's dumb to waste a Saturday playing 7 people in Brawl. I play with more people than that, and I don't call it a tourney and make a thread about it, lol. Anyways, I wasn't trying to piss you guys off, I'm just saying if you held some friendlies on the weekdays when the only thing you can do is school then you might get more people interested.

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
start holding weeklies in the game room
I wasn't saying hold the tournies in the game room you people, learn how to read.
Weeklies = weekly tournaments. Learn how to speak tourney speak?

We do friendlies every day in the game room, we just don't organize it in a tournament style because we know who's going to win already. Also, parking for people from outside the campus is easier at a dorm building than outside the game room (tickets)

I don't think you've ever called me...ever

19666falcon

Smash Apprentice
"Ar yooo gaiz using itums!? YOU GAIZ ARE NOOOBZ!"
that was actually pretty funny
Weeklies = weekly tournaments. Learn how to speak tourney speak?

We do friendlies every day in the game room, we just don't organize it in a tournament style because we know who's going to win already. Also, parking for people from outside the campus is easier at a dorm building than outside the game room (tickets)

I don't think you've ever called me...ever
I guess I do need to speak tourney speak better :ohwell:

and yes I do know there' s always a random assortment of people playing smash at different times of the day, I was just saying, you know, like you said, more organized. And people that aren't from the campus can park wherever they want, what do you mean? If they get a ticket, it doesn't matter, it only goes thrue if you're actually from the school, also after a certain hour, it doesn't matter you can park wherever (except handicapped spots)

and thirdly, we have never met so how would I have called you?

Top Bottom