• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jarrett's Tournament: In Memory - Proceeds towards Edmonton Autism Society

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I work until 4pm tomorrow and will quite likely be occupied afterward. Have an awesome time guys.

Vincens

Smash Rookie
I'll be bringing an extra wii, dled brawl last night and go to it to work. See you guys there.

:phone:

Brown.

Smash Apprentice
:urg: I'm so sorry I couldn't come (I said maybe to lime when he asked me) my Aunt's birthday was today. If I had known it was a charity event for Jarrett I would have put more effort in trying to show up, even if it was just to hangout and donate money instead of playing.

I can't remember if I've actually met Jarrett, but I definitely recognize his face, and smashname. (maybe someone can help me remember better?)

Once again sorry I couldn't come and be a part of this.

Hopefully I can see some of you soon (maybe message me on fb to remind me I should show up to tournaments more often)

KillLock

Smash Lord
Oh wow, haven't seen you in awhile Brown. And no worries, would be good to see you again at another monthly sometime.

The event was a success, GGs to everyone and thanks for showing up.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Absolutely. We raised $600 for the Edmonton Autism Society. We're all winners here for the support and heart expressed by everyone. You, every single one of you, are the reason why this is such an amazing fighting game community.

[EDIT]

And what was almost as awesome? Seeing the Melee and Brawl community so united, having fun with Project: M. Just playing games together. No matter what title, that's what it's all about.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think one of the better tournaments I've been to. There was actually a decent amount of hype and excitement.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Yeah good tourney, I enjoyed it, good attendance too. The future P:M PR we were talking about would be cool just so we could see how much it'd change / evolve over time as we all get comfortable with different characters and stuff. That's also the last time I go all random too, I thought it'd be fun but it's actually quite disappointing.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
As promised:
http://youtu.be/dgcEWxMhSkg

So unfortunate player cam wasn't on the other side to see Jamie's face haha

Also, tournament was fantastic. Really happy with the turnout.

Don't expect videos to come up too soon though, syncing the audio up with the actual gameplay is gonna be hella hard without actual timestamps. And remember to send me a link to that program you were talking about Keith. I don't remember the name.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
lmfao ^

Amazing tourney. Glad to see lots of old faces and people who came outside edmonton to be at this event.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Thank you everyone who came and donate!

We raised an amazing $600 by the end of the evening, which is amazing!

Tournament was a lot of fun, hype matches all around! As soon as I get the results today I"ll post them up as well as shoutouts + comments

brningpyre

Smash Lord
As promised:
http://youtu.be/dgcEWxMhSkg

So unfortunate player cam wasn't on the other side to see Jamie's face haha

Also, tournament was fantastic. Really happy with the turnout.

Don't expect videos to come up too soon though, syncing the audio up with the actual gameplay is gonna be hella hard without actual timestamps. And remember to send me a link to that program you were talking about Keith. I don't remember the name.
Hit "3" over and over again to see David casually brushing it off.

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

I can't find that tutorial, but what I do is load the vid, edit it, then select the following settings to encode.

Video -> M-PEG-4 AVC -> Configure -> Encoding Mode: Average Bitrate (Two Pass), Average Bitrate: 1000 kb/sec (or less)
Audio -> MP3 (lame)
Format -> MP4

Then "Save" as asdf.mp4

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Test vid for player cam + gameplay

See if you guys like it like this or if I should change some stuff. I'm in between keeping the cam footage because of Victor's hype or be like the regular "player cam in between matches and then switch to gameplay" style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL8Vz-xmhPM

I don't think I'll be able to use your program Keith. I need to be able to make a split screen if I want to include the player cam. That and it crashes anytime I try to open up an avi file (with and without openGL disabled).

Top Bottom