• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japan's Drum Master- Don-chan for Smash. Localization Inbound!

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
Idk, sometimes I have a still image of don chan being revealed in Smash in my mind from time to time and Sakurai announcing him as he announced K Rool. If I have slight imagery of him being in smash then that says a lot with how much I want him. I never had stuff like this with the likes of Geno, Terra, and Meowth.

stuff like this happened in the past though. Montblanc in FFRK, guess who got in with Marche as the sole FFTA reps, then Pichu.

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
Man, after looking at videos of taiko, it is really big. Taiko has thir own twitter, people host tourneys, and amazing taiko gameplay actually gets millions of views. People underestimate taikos popularity, but dang look at that popularity. Only to think we might have the same thing happen overseas...

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
On the topic of Taiko, I was looking all around the internet on prices for Taiko Switch drums, since US is only getting the digital game with no drum. Since even third party drums come out to the same price, I think i'll see about importing the drum from the UK if it manages to be cheaper than importing the drum from Japan. And of course see how usable it is in smash lol.

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of Taiko, I was looking all around the internet on prices for Taiko Switch drums, since US is only getting the digital game with no drum. Since even third party drums come out to the same price, I think i'll see about importing the drum from the UK if it manages to be cheaper than importing the drum from Japan. And of course see how usable it is in smash lol.
I'd be fine with just using joycons myself. I lack money so I shouldn't complain.

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
I just realized.... We have every character who guest appears in Mario Kart EXCEPT Don chan and Mametchi. I'm sure namco can easily hand over one of the two.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Thats not a cameo. He didnt appear in the crowd or anything. He is a full fledged character. Hes a guest like Ms. Paxman
hang on youve lost me a bit, did you mean all the guest racers from mario kart (bar don-chan and mamtetchi) appear in smash or are playable in smash?

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
hang on youve lost me a bit

A Yoshi appearing on a desk is a cameo. Them being playable at somewhere that's not their games or being in the games in a significant role is a guest appearance.

Don chan is "playable" in that DS Tales of game (Forgive me I don't know its name). Guest appearance

Don chan is in Mario Kart as playable. Guest appearance.

Don chan has a weapon in MH. Cameo. It's not sigificant in any means.

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
no hes a cameo in smash like ms pacman
Ms. Pacman and Don can still both be playable. Toon Link pretty much ruled out the "background characters in Smash can't be playable" rule and in a way, the ghosts ruled out the "Namco roulette characters can't be in smash" rule (It never was. Just don chan deniers and people who want him but can never see him in made that rule) because they're ATs and hazards. It's not like they have a decent moveset to go by anyways. That don chan appearance isn't even him anyways. It's an indicator that happens to be his face. If it was (which isn't. Did I mention that ship is his attack?) then Thats a lot of deconfirmed characters that namco can't use anyways. Doesn't seem right at all.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ms. Pacman and Don can still both be playable. Toon Link pretty much ruled out the "background characters in Smash can't be playable" rule and in a way, the ghosts ruled out the "Namco roulette characters can't be in smash" rule (It never was. Just don chan deniers and people who want him but can never see him in made that rule) because they're ATs and hazards. It's not like they have a decent moveset to go by anyways. That don chan appearance isn't even him anyways. It's an indicator that happens to be his face.
i know that i was correcting your mistake that we have all guest racers from mario kart bar don-chan and mamtetchi cause don-chan has a cameo as part of pacman's taunt and ms pacman appears on pac-land (hence my first comment) but if you meant we have all guest racers bar those two as playble fighters that still wrong cause we dont have ms pacman or blinky either

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
i know that i was correcting your mistake that we have all guest racers from mario kart bar don-chan and mamtetchi cause don-chan has a cameo as part of pacman's taunt and ms pacman appears on pac-land (hence my first comment) but if you meant we have all guest racers bar those two as playble fighters that still wrong cause we dont have ms pacman or blinky either

OK. How about as playable or assists?

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
well if bomberman and shovel knight are assists i dont see why don-chan and co cant be

There you go. And I think he'd be an awesome AT. Though I'd rather go with playable because I'm eager to see how Sakurai can outclass my moveset I made for him during my MUGEN days way back then

Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
it would be better than nothing
my most wanted first parties became assists and I wasn't threatening sakurai at all like what my fellow supporters were. I consider ATs as being in the fray and I am happy they are at least in so I won't mind.

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
I love Mario Kart arcade dx. I don’t care if I always thought he was a piece of sushi, I support this rhythm drum from Namco.

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
Well played.
Since he does appear in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, not to mention those Nintendo songs I found out about, that does mean they recognize him.

Edit: I need those as alts!
Never forget he *dresses up* as nintendo characters and other bandai namco characters. After all the years of crossing over with nintendo, why won't he be more than just a summon from Pacman?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Never forget he *dresses up* as nintendo characters and other bandai namco characters. After all the years of crossing over with nintendo, why won't he be more than just a summon from Pacman?
i would guess cause sakurai's putting in his own choices for 3rd party characters

I Never Felt It Before

Smash Apprentice
Fun fact: don chan shares the same voice as Sailor Moon. Also thr same va has been vocing don chan for over a decade. Probably one of her longest roles as a character

NineS

Smash Lord
Hey, just wanted to drop my and say to add me to the supporters list.
Aside from the fact I'll support anything Yukiko Yoko has helped design,

I honestly think Don-chan is the most likely Namco Rep.

I need to update my wish list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom