• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Style Diddy - Gano places 2nd at Ketubato

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the help. I've been using the shield button to do my air dodges, not my grab button.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
EDIT: Never mind Colbert, I re read your post and it makes sense now : )

How does this thread keep getting bumped?
lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeah. We'd need a larger pool of players to look at.

I would go searching, but I have limited bandwidth to play with at the moment -_-

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
I don't think there is enough of a metagame to look for a "style" of diddy, the top players of a particular field are going to be pretty standout.

Also I think controlled aggression is going to rise to be a dominate force in this game eventually, people just need to tighten up their styles.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
i disagree
i get this feeling the japanese are way past the stage of bananas
diddies get abused by their own bananas too much and now rely on other diddy strengths

thats considering the intuitive diddy play style would be relying on banans instead of other tactics (like spaced bair spam which looks promising), and not the other way around
so its most likely the japanese have already discovered the bananas and decided they cant be relied on

have to wait for some more japanese diddy footage though. all these impressions are from very few videos

Vall3y

Smash Lord
yes indeed smart on how to use them
and as the game progresses, it seems to me it would be more smart to take a conservative approach with the bananas
anyway my prediction is: diddies will use less bananas before winning tournaments

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We've had this debate countless times.
I think we came to the conclusion that, as Diddy mains, our metagame will revolve around one of two things.

1. A metagame that uses bananas rarely.

2. A metagame that sees us develop our ability to use bananas far better than any opponent ever could.

I for one, am apart of the latter group, as are most Diddys.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
usa fails to see how diddy is TOO good. u need uber patience and mindgames . lol yet we put him like mid tier -_-

denizen

Smash Apprentice
i, too, am for the latter group of people who believe diddy's strength lies in his bananas and our ability to utilize them far better than our opponents.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
the japanese player doesnt even glide toss.... thats just dumb. It opens up SO many more combos/opportunities. Im not impressed.

Top Bottom