• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese speak in an english game?

melissalovesya

Smash Rookie
For some unknown reason in my SSBM game the characters talk in japanese even on the english setting. I know i have the USA version because it says USA on my disk. Some characters talk in english, like peach and mario. Is this the same with everyone? I'm just wondering, im not looking to fix it.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that only Marth and Roy speak Japanese after wins and stuff. Fox, Falco, and Mewtwo also speak Japanese if you change the language to Japanese.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
fox and falco say

mission complete

Or, spelled phonetically

Fox: Miss shun, com pal eat

Falco: Miss SHUN comprete

It just sounds like japanese.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Marth and Roy are I think the only two that speak japanese in the english setting since their games were only ports in America

Junpappy

Smash Lord
fox and falco say

mission complete

Or, spelled phonetically

Fox: Miss shun, com pal eat

Falco: Miss SHUN comprete

It just sounds like japanese.
It sounds like Japanese because it's Japanese voice actors speaking English.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
If you change the settings to japanese, Marth and Roy speak english XP

pdk

Smash Lord
guys, why do ken and ryu say shoryuken instead of uppercut when i play street fighter 2 in english?!

phish-it

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff knows speaks Japanese if you switch the language. Or atleast she just changes her voice.

Top Bottom