• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese players

Zionaze

Smash Ace
kind of just my rant and may only apply to me but.
i like to play for glory and i noticed that a lot of japanese players are avoiding me when they enter the room. they just leave :/ and when i find a japanese player willing to smash, they just turn out to be really scrubby and roll around all day

is this a common thing thats occurring or is it just me? its kind of annoying when 5~8 players come in and just immediately leave when they look at my name

Pee-Gcuatro20

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pee-G.quatro20
3DS FC
3540-1271-4845
They probably want the match to be a little more local.and since Japan has the greatest amount of Nintendo sales there's probably more beginners playing online in that one area

ecaflip

Smash Cadet
I have a rather low budget connection, i don't trust that someone all the way in anime land is gonna have a steady, let alone enjoyable match with me so I auto leave on them so they don't have to suffer. I'm sure there are Japanese players who also have low cost connections with substandard speeds like I do and are doing it for the same reason.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
ahh i didnt think of it that way
now that i think about it thats a pretty solid reason why they avoid me

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I have to agree with ecaflip here I tried do a for glory team match and the other 3 people were from Japan granted my internet sucks but it usually is fine with American smashers but oh god at one point I'm pretty sure I could of got up took a 45 minute piss came back and it still wouldn't of moved a inch and when it did move my inputs were up to 30 seconds behind -_- so I just put them out of there misery and turned off my wifi. So ya...long story aside Japanese players prefer to play other japenese players because A) they won't have to play using dial up and B) from what I've heard they find american players to usually lack the skill of the standard Japanese's player.

Last edited:
Top Bottom