• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japan still gets a cooler name.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Omg I'm Totally Not Getting Smash Because Japan Totally Has A Better Name For This Game Then We Do!! Argh!!!!

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow

There's looks better =/

I honestly didn't like the name "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" when I first heard of it.
I just got used to it..

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
My friend said that the Japanese would call it, "Super Smash Brothers Brarwoooo". lol

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is a strong word... X is some kind of nerdy ***** manga ****... id take the title brawl over that anytime.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Japan got a nicer-looking boxart, but the Japanese name sounds like a lame kind of kidney medicine.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Does it really matter that much? At least we're getting the game. This shouldn't been closed a long time ago.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
i really don't care about that i just want to play the game
I remember seeing someone call you stupid in some other thread, yet this post is the one that makes the most sense in this one. :laugh:

Anyway, both sound cool, but a really badass title would have been

Super Smash Bros. Third Strike

Rash

Smash Ace
Brawl is a great name, if not better.

How would you use X for the English version of the game? Special X, multi-man X, cruel X? Doesn't sound right to me.

Nezuko

Future Gadget Laboratory
I prefer the japanese box art. The light blue is superior! Although when it comes to between "X" and "Brawl" I'd rather...neither! Both seem awkward to me.. it'll always just be "Smash!" I'm surprised they didn't just name it Smash Bros Wii, or something equally as clever as tagging a "64" on the end.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I prefer Brawl. Adding "X" to game names and the like is trite in America. The only thing I'll probably dislike about it is how the announcer will wail it.

"SUPER! SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRRS!" >
"SUPER SMASH BROTHERS.... MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

And now what? "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS... BRAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL"
So corny.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Eh...Dairantou Smash Brothers X rolls off the tongue better, but Super Smash Brothers Brawl sounds better.

Pity they didn't find a two-syllable word instead of 'brawl' - then it'd roll off the tongue the same as Melee and 64 did, which is quite nice.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Brawl works out better. First its a Smash, then it's a Melee, then it's a Brawl.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Sounds like ANOTHER Megaman game.

Melee, BRAWL, those are epic names to want to fight to while opera music plays in the background.

'X' sounds like a father's mistake to listen to his kid on what to name something.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Brawl sounds so much better then just "X"... Maybe it is just a Japanese thing but I mean what does X got to do with anything? Brawl makes sense. X is like X?

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Eh...Dairantou Smash Brothers X rolls off the tongue better, but Super Smash Brothers Brawl sounds better.

Pity they didn't find a two-syllable word instead of 'brawl' - then it'd roll off the tongue the same as Melee and 64 did, which is quite nice.
How does that roll off the tongue better than Super Smash Bros. Brawl? I can't even SAY the first word word without sitting there for a few seconds sounding out each syllable. It wouldn't even make sense to have that name outside of Japan.

:034:

Smash Hero
Dairantō Smash Brothers X, 大乱闘 スマッシュ ブラザーズ X, Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu Ekkusu, "Great Fray Smash Brothers X"

VS

Super Smash Bros. Brawl​

To be honest, X sounds really lame. I prefer Brawl.

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I get it. You're ashamed to be American?

It's just a name... Get over it. You've had about 3 years.

Top Bottom