• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

January 31 Brawl, Melee, and Naruto Rev 2 in West Bloomfield Mi

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
LOL remember like a long time ago when a guy named "brawlbro" wanted to team with you for a mwc in ann arbor? I am that guy.

Well anyways it looks like I am going to need a partner for this one (my usual partner has $ johns) so what do you say? It almost seems like....DESTINY.

I'll play the b button metaknight, you playing snake...... sounds good enough to me lol. Let me know ;)
lol alright, sounds good to me.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I might be able to bring a carload from ohio. Would it probly be worth it? (Will attendance be high?)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

What's The Point

Smash Master
Could I suggest, if there are enough set-ups, a dedicated friendly station? It sucks to sit around just waiting when your next match it taking awhile for whatever reasons, or get eliminated early but every station is tournament so you can't get in any friendlies until much later.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Not sure about Norm, but these are the games each of us are entering!

Me - Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, Revolution 2
My Bro - Revolution 2
Jmoney - Brawl Singles, Revolution 2
Devildigimon - Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, Revolution 2

<3

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Hey whats this whole double blind character selection rule all about?
A double blind character selection is used to make sure nobody counterpicks you on the first match. You each would tell a third person or right down who you are going to use without the other one knowing, that way you are stuck with that choice instead of switching when you see your opponents character choice.

Lets say you play fox and you got a feeling some schmuck is going to pick his secondary, pikachu, so he can chaingrab you the whole time. Call a double-blind on that foo and he will probably stick with his main instead.

Of course a lot of people know who everyone else plays so it doesn't really happen too much.

Could I suggest, if there are enough set-ups, a dedicated friendly station? It sucks to sit around just waiting when your next match it taking awhile for whatever reasons, or get eliminated early but every station is tournament so you can't get in any friendlies until much later.
I guess the only thing to say here is hopefully everyone brings lots of setups. To me it looks like there will be a lot so, friendlies seem highly probable. On the other hand I like to see the tournaments run smoothly and it is annoying when people take up stations where matches could be running.

The faster you get through the tournament the more stations will be open, the more time there will be to friendly-- is basically what I am saying.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
possibly

Not sure about Norm, but these are the games each of us are entering!

Me - Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, Revolution 2
My Bro - Revolution 2
Jmoney - Brawl Singles, Revolution 2
Devildigimon - Brawl Doubles, Brawl Singles, Revolution 2

<3
cool :coolmonke

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
im guessin like 5'ish

duh :laugh: but u should it will be awesome

nice

5? Wow I was expecting it to start a bit sooner. No worries though. What's the order of the events?

On the bright side if it starts at 5i have enough time to get trashed at this huge party in Detroit Friday and recover the next day just in time for Brawl singles ;) Probably won't though I'll want to be fresh for the tourney :)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
5? Wow I was expecting it to start a bit sooner. No worries though. What's the order of the events?
the way i had it planned out it should be like this

- Setup (me ham and who else feels like being cool and helping) --> 11:30 - 12:00

- Registration --> 12:00 - 12:30

- Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles --> 12:30 - 4:00

- Dinner 4:00 --> 5:00
(food will be there if you dont want to go out and get stuff)

- Registration --> 5:00 - 5:30

- Brawl Singles and Naruto Singles --> 5:30 - End

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
12:00pm huh? I guess I have to leave my house around 11:30ish or so so I can attend doubles. I hope it doesn't snow though. =/

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
devildigimon posting here:

yo is anyone gonna be playing any 2d fighting games at this tournament. i'm coming with the IL crew from WI. and I play a fudge ton of fighting games. so if anyone wants to throw down...via small tournament or whatever lemme know. some of MI know me...

can't wait to see you some of you guys again...

and meet some new peoples too.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
devildigimon posting here:

yo is anyone gonna be playing any 2d fighting games at this tournament. i'm coming with the IL crew from WI. and I play a fudge ton of fighting games. so if anyone wants to throw down...via small tournament or whatever lemme know. some of MI know me...

can't wait to see you some of you guys again...

and meet some new peoples too.
i believe Panda is bringing TcV or TvC what ever it is and he'll be doing friendlies

0niLink

Smash Rookie
I'll be there for Brawl. I'd bring my wii, but It has homebrew stuff, so I guess it counts as moded . But that's how I play TvC.

dingding

Smash Ace
ori want me to stream this sht online? if its big enough but I don't wanna bring all my sht..=P

Ham Enterprises

Smash Journeyman

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Okay so I technically wouldn't need to show up to this thing till around 5 if I just wanted to enter the Brawl singles only right? If so that's cool then. Might show up early though for food and friendlies. Looking forward to this either way.

0niLink

Smash Rookie
So I could bring my Wii? I don't use any codes just loaders, I have TvC, but a burned copy, I'd bring it if it's allowed. oh and my Brawl is an actual copy. Are TVs needed? I might be able to bring one.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Someone should add the times to the first post. So I know when to come. I hear thats kinda important.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Time
- Registration --> 12:00 - 12:30

- Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles --> 12:30 - 4:00

- Dinner 4:00 --> 5:00
(food will be there if you dont want to go out and get stuff)

- Registration --> 5:00 - 5:30

- Brawl Singles and Naruto Singles --> 5:30 - End
Ori put this schedule onto the AiB page, but not here on SWF, although he did post it a couple pages back.

Im too excited to try out TvC!!! :D Btw SP, what college do you go to? (Well, if you are enrolled in one).

That'd be sweet if there's a stream!

Question: Is there wifi there? (without a password) cus I'd like to bring my labtop to help pass the time.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm a senior in UofM Ann Arbor. And TvC is gonna be awesome. I think I'll run a small TvC side tournament alongside Brawl singles and Naruto in the afternoon, so people can play it 'till then.

Do I have to bring my own TV, or will the venue have enough?

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I found a Green Soap Box and a Pair of Eyeglasses at my house, so I gave them to good will.

With that said I am coming to this tournament with a good conscience on my side. ^_^

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'm a senior in UofM Ann Arbor. And TvC is gonna be awesome. I think I'll run a small TvC side tournament alongside Brawl singles and Naruto in the afternoon, so people can play it 'till then.

Starts at 12, be there before 12. Easy.

Ithrowthings: Almost, if not all of MI is going to be there. I place attendance somewhere between 20-40. If you come, it'll be more towards 40. You should make it out.

Me, DK's 5, and the twins are all comin out for it.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
iunno not a lot but I don't just wanna bring it unless.. =P
bring your equipment for recording if there is wifi we will stream

So I could bring my Wii? I don't use any codes just loaders, I have TvC, but a burned copy, I'd bring it if it's allowed. oh and my Brawl is an actual copy. Are TVs needed? I might be able to bring one.
yes bring a setup or u gotta pay $5 venue

bring tv and we'll put TcV up during dinner

yeah wifi? :DDDDD

also i can record stuff if panda brings my splitters and stuff.
like i said earlier bring recording stuff

Ithrowthings: Almost, if not all of MI is going to be there. I place attendance somewhere between 20-40. If you come, it'll be more towards 40. You should make it out.

cool

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings

I'm most likely gonna have to pull some car johns here... I'm still a grand in debt on this new car I bought and the exhaust needs some clamps. I also have to get the cash from my old car that I had junked and get an oil change on my new car.

I'm missing both OHAYOCON and this just to get my car fixed... It should probably be ready for the intense drive to philly for east regionals though. (I hate driving in Philly...)

I'll keep you updated if something happens that makes this possible again cause I really need the practice before eastern regionals.

Top Bottom