• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

January 2017 Patch Rumor

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If this patch includes a Balance Patch, please, Sakurai, it's Jigglypuff's Ganon's turn to get those borderline crazy buffs!
Also, if we get new characters for Switch, it's likely there'll be further patching, and hopefully not only for the new characters.

When it comes to Ganon, what do you guys wanna see this time?

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
Better aerial mobility so I don't cry anymore when I survive getting tossed far offstage and not hitting the blast zone.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Better aerial mobility so I don't cry anymore when I survive getting tossed far offstage and not hitting the blast zone.
Better Air Mobility would be nice, yes.
Aside from helping his recovery, it would also help him in neutral, and to combo better with Fair after Dthrow.

Frame 6 Jab is still one of my top things on my wish-list.
Would help with punishing, help his neutral in general, and possibly make us hit more ppl after Gerudo.

Also, a frame 9 Dtilt would be awesome, possibly making us hit more ppl after a missed Gerudo Tech, as well as punishing stuff.
(Although Gerudo should be unetchable in the first Place [Come on, Sakurai!])

Better Grab Range and better Fthrow KBG.

Less cooldown on Wizkick.

Slightly faster Walking Speed and a lot faster Walk Acceleration.

Slightly higher Double Jump to buff recovery and ledge > stage-options.

First hitbox on Uair at frame 3, making it better as a Combo Breaker, and generally better.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Ganondorf is very very close to becoming a top tier character. He only needs a handful of buffs to become a menace that even monsters like Sheik and Bayonetta would fear.
  • Change the properties of the wound in his chest to be similar to Link's Hylian shield, only it instead reflects projectiles rather than deflect them, reflects them from both sides and is active all the time
  • Make Jab Frame 2, make the hitbox active for 20 frames, and increase the hitbox size so that it covers his entire body instead of just his palm. Additionally, the hitbox should deal 12% damage instead of 10% with a paralyzing effect similar to ZSS's neutral B. FAF should be lowered to Frame 23.
  • Increase Up Tilt startup to Frame 200, but make it so that a lingering hitbox covers Ganon while the up tilt is charging (this hitbox deals 20% damage). During the charging period, Ganon should also become intangible. The main Up-tilt hitbox should be changed so that it covers the entire stage and immediately shatters shields.
  • Increase U-throw damage to 20%, but decrease endlag and KB significantly to allow for combos similarly to pre-patch bowser
  • Increase F-throw damage to 30% (on both hitboxes) and KBG heavily to make it a semi-usable kill throw
  • Change Warlock punch so that Ganon is intangible during its startup, has a paralyzing hitbox surrounding him before he unleashes the main attack that deals 20%, and and projectile is fired after the main hitbox is released that breaks shields.
With only 6 simple, balanced changes, Ganondorf has become a top tier character.

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
I just really, really want autocancel SH dair back. That is all I ask for.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If you guys could change 1 thing that would help a lot Vs Sheik, Bayo, and other hard MUs, what would it be?

Make Jab Frame 2, make the hitbox active for 20 frames, and increase the hitbox size so that it covers his entire body instead of just his palm.
What version have you been playing?
The hitbox of Jab already covers his shoulder, chest, and even part of his knee, bro.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
If I had to change one thing that wasn't aerial mobility...
Give him a throw combo kill confirm, since pretty much every other heavy has one.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If I had to change one thing that wasn't aerial mobility...
Give him a throw combo kill confirm, since pretty much every other heavy has one.
As nice as that would be, I'd rather have Gerudo much more reliable at getting kills.
I personally don't like the idea of having all characters kill via grabs, even though it's proven extremely effective.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
As nice as that would be, I'd rather have Gerudo much more reliable at getting kills.
I personally don't like the idea of having all characters kill via grabs, even though it's proven extremely effective.
I honestly don't feel anyone should have kill confirms from throws, since it's just too easy for some, but since at least half the cast has access to these confirms, and certain other kings were buffed to have one for literally no reason, I don't see a reason why Dorf can't get something from actually grabbing someone with his short little arms. Flame choke is great for controlling the flow of the match and all, but he gets no guaranteed follow ups on the entire cast, only a selection for each type of follow up.

But that's just me. I'd still mostly prefer frame 3 jab with lower endlag for much better ledge shenanigans.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The Gerudo in Brawl, even though harder to land, generally pays off a lot better, mostly because it's untechable.

The only characters that get really ****ed up by Gerudo now, are Mac and Bowser.
And some characters, only when you choke them in the corner of the stage.

Untechable Gerudo and frame 9 Dtilt would be insane.

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
I have been thinking on this for a while. My wish list is short but ambitious.

5:Ganon's up taunt should have mobility in the air comparable to Luigi's cyclone with a hit box surrounding his silhouette as he flexes. 1%damage with good knock back if it connects. It gives us a new way to troll people with disrespectful victories and doubles as an alternate recovery.

4:Bring back the auto cancel for short hop Dair.

3:Allow us to pummel quicker during grabs.

2:FSMASH REFLECTS PROJECTILES.

1:I don't want him quicker. I don't care about kill confirms. What I have wanted since Brawl most of all is the ability to CANCEL warlock punch and up tilt. It probably sounds silly, but I think it would drastically help our neutral game.

S:If you hold the button, during up b, instead of uppercutting Ganon moves into a glide pose and gains mobility horizontally. This would allow us to survive certain situations we otherwise can't.

Sadly, I don't think Sakurai will ever go far enough to make Ganon as arguably OP as was the case for Pre patch Bayonetta or release day Diddy.

Dorf for life.

Top Bottom