• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

January 19th, Carbondale Illinois Tournament!! *Xif is coming, you should too! :)*

Zozefup

Smash Lord
The Venue is HUGE!, so bring your Crew.

Set ups:
Bring TVs, Cubes/Wiis, extra controllers

This tournament looks like it's going to have a big turn out. Please bring set ups! If your car is full, make people hold them. Yes, we need them that bad. Also, if you have extra controllers, bring them and put your name on them. Some players don't have controllers, so I will rent them out for $20 (they get $17 back when they return it). If your controllers get rented, you'll get $3 per controller you bring.

Zozefup- 4 TVs, 3 cubes, 1 extra controller

Carpool Finder
Champaign, IL Dekuschrub (needs a ride)
Keokuk, Iowa Sheer Cold (can drive)

Housing

January 18th (The night before): Eagle House
Address: 3590 State Route 37 N Buncombe IL, 62912

Description: The housing is huge, it can hold 30 people easly, and there are REAL beds to sleep on! It will be an awesome place to get some practice the night before the tournament. The housing is a church, so no drinking or drugs, and smoke outside. The downside is that it's 40 min south of the venue.

January 20th: At the venue.

Preregistration:
Southern Illinois Crew
Memphis Crew
St. Louis Crew
Georgia
Chicago
Kansas Crew (possibly)

Date:
Saturday January 19-20th
Desoto IL, 62924

Times:
Opens at: 11 AM (January 19th)
Closes at: 11 AM (on Sunday January 20th)

Tournament starts at 12:45 pm

Doubles Pools: 1:00 PM
Singles pools pools: Immediately after pools
Doubles bracket: Immediately following
Singles bracket Immediately following

Crews will probably be late: You'll probably have to stay the night to play in crews

Venue Fee:
$5 door fee
$5 to stay the night (after singles bracket)

Special Tournament Info

A lot of local players are coming to this tournament (25+), but they won't pay a $10 entry fee. Especially when they know they are going to lose. So there is going to be an Amature bracket for $5 to encourage new players. 50% of the Amature pot will go into the 'Pro' pot. Only LOCALS (not you) can enter the Amature bracket.

Entry fee
Pro-
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20

Amature- locals only
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10

Crew Battles!!
Free

Pot Breakdown:
Singles: 70%/20%/10%
Teams: 80%/20%

Special Rules:
Keep an eye on the Amature pools, help me keep them moving.
Encourage and cheer for Amature players

Stage Listing
NO Jungle Japes, Green Greens, or Kongo Jungle

Singles

The following stages are available for random select:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams (not in teams)
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick:

- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Mute City

Other Rules:

In an effort to prevent bracket manipulation and to preserve the spirit of the tournament, the following rule is in effect. Matches or entire sets may not, under any circumstances, be voluntarily forfeit by any player for any reason. Match or set forfeiture occurs upon the discovery of a broken rule. Absence from a match or set or voluntary forfeiture will result in total disqualification. Make sure you have a way of being contacted if you happen to be absent from your set when the time to play comes. You can also notify tournament staff if you will be running late beforehand or at any time during the tournament.

Trash talking IS ENCOURAGED. No fighting, no rough stuff, no overly abusive language or yelling...you know the deal. Be nice, and try to be good about when you lose because (almost) everyone is guaranteed to lose at least once, so just be good about it.

Phone Number: 618-771-6868

Venue picture:

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'm ********
LOL sorry Chad. I forgot about the "do not post here" thing lol.

You can post here too, like for finding rides and finding a crew and stuff like that I guess? :). Most of the discussion will be in the Midwest form though.

Who all is in your crew Chad? You, IHSP, Iori.. and Myztek? We want to know so we can counter pick your crew :D

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
IHSP? ihavespace...pen1s?!
And it would definitely be me/iori/chad, then the other two slots are subject to all kinds of factors and possibilities.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
How far is this from Little rock?
It's 5 hours from Little Rock. You have to go through Memphis anyway, you might be able to split gas with them. Some players from South Bend Indiana might be coming (6 hour drive for them). So it might be worth the trip if you can make it.

Can I be an Amature? Im so scrub
Nope, and you can't be Racist either :p. Sorryz

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Spaceman lol. Thats even worse than IHSP. What dvd did you watch? And when are you going to put videos from the tournament up Iori?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
The title should say "NES n00b is coming and you should, too" but I mean you do what you think is best. ;)

I am betting on the midsouth crew/DML no matter the last two slots of their team or the members of the other team. XD Cause those people rule too much.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Can we even fit more people in cars? We already got 10 people from our area XD

Top Bottom