• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

January 14 Tournament in Eureka, MO

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Looks good Lixi.
$5
Your Ganon vs my Doc (Since we couldn't finish our last one. =/)
$1
Your Falcon vs my Marth
Your Fox vs my Falcon

lol I remember our Low Tier match Deku. ~_O Let's just keep it at $2 for now.

Will Geno make this? I left some stuff there last time. >_<'

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Smooth_One said:
Looks good Lixi.
$5
Your Ganon vs my Doc (Since we couldn't finish our last one. =/)
$1
Your Falcon vs my Marth
Your Fox vs my Falcon
Hmm...I seem to remember that you had already won the Ganon vs. Doc moneymatch...but I won't object to a rematch. Let's do those 3 then.

MuBa said:
Lixi we need to do that epic Luigi vs. Doc battle again! That was the shiznit!
I'm so rusty I'll probably get cleaned out by Smooth_One. But what the hey, let's do it, as long as there are no gay stages this time.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Thanks Lixivium for clearing that up for me.

So we don't even have to pay for the tournament if we don't want to play in it, and just play on the free TV's? I'd much rather do that, I have no chance in the tournament.

A bunch of my friends might be coming, probably two.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Yeah you could do that Pyro, but nobody likes a moocher. ~_O
It's your decision but I say you still enter the tourney. It brings out the best of your inner Smasher.

Well as I recall Lixi we had started our third Doc vs Ganon match (on Green Greens o_O) when we were told to stop playing for tourney announcements.
LOL Get cleaned out by me...*tear* That slayed me.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if I am going to be able to come, it is already raining and may freeze over tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will be around 80 degrees so it'll melt quickly.

If I can come:

Lixi your Luigi vs. My Shiek? $3?
Muba your Doc vs. Shiek? 3?

Open to others, if I can come...

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
deku, maybe i'll mm you man, if i feel like donating 5 bucks haha. We'll see @ the tourney.

Its amazing how 2 hours south it rains, but its not freezing or anything. Hopefully the trip up won't be too bad...

I should be bringing 1 friend. Maybe some team mm's if he comes?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yo apple muba sam any of you up for a mm? Any amount whatever characters.

nike if you wanna do a 3 or 2 dollar im down for that too.

I at least want friendlies with everyone!

i'll see you guys there

Lixivium

Smash Champion
MM list:

Smooth_One
Ganon vs. Doc - $5
Falcon vs. Marth - $1
Fox vs. Falcon - $1

Dekuschrub
Ice Climbers vs. Fox - $5

Applejack
Luigi vs. Sheik - $3

Total - $15

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
:(

I can't go to this one guys. There is supposed to be another inch of ice on the roads tonight, plus ANOTHER tomorrow night.
Regrettably,
Life > Smash

Lixi do you know if you can go to the Keokuk tourney? Otherwise the next time we could do our $MMs would be MuBa's next tourney in March.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
is the ice really that bad up there?.... that really sucks. I'll still be coming... hopefully I can get there in one piece haha.

Deku, yeah I definitely want lots of friendlies too. I think I can manage 2-3 bucks, that's cool. Lixi, u wanna 2-3 dollar mm? +friendlies of course.

Hopefully there is a good turnout. Cyas tomorrow.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Lixi do you know if you can go to the Keokuk tourney? Otherwise the next time we could do our $MMs would be MuBa's next tourney in March.
I'll take a rain check on the MM's because I'm not going to the Iowa tournament.

I've been watching the ice storm on TV. It doesn't look that bad in St. Louis but I'll find out once I'm on the road tomorrow. Heck, I'm not even sure they still have power out in Eureka.

Stay safe fellas.

nikePK said:
Deku, yeah I definitely want lots of friendlies too. I think I can manage 2-3 bucks, that's cool. Lixi, u wanna 2-3 dollar mm? +friendlies of course.
$3 Ganon vs. Jigglypuff?

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
Alright guys I have been busy the past 2 days so I haven't had the chance to respond to anything.

To all the guys who are wondering about additional events:

All I can say right now is...maybe. Like I said we have never had a tourney here before so I don't know what all people expect. If we have enough people to do it and it's not getting too late or too hazardous for trips home we can definitely do it. Might have to figure out entry fee and what not.

To all the guys who are looking to do warm-ups before hand:

Typically we do an hourly charge for using our equipment. But because of the tounrament, we will give all entrants 1 hour free of charge to use for warm-up. If you want more than that, it's gonna be 3 dollars an hour if you use our stuff. And just on an FYI, we don't usually open on Sundays till 1, but I'll show up at 12 so you guys can get more time in for warm-ups.

This event is still planned to happen, I know the weather is kinda being a little irritating, but if we people show up we will still be here and open.

As a final word on my end, guys be safe driving up here. To be honest right now the roads aren't that bad, but if it gets real cold tonight or more stuff comes down it could get nasty. And to all of you that were looking forward to coming, check back regulary cause we plan on having these tournaments on a monthly basis.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
An hourly charge!?

So we can't just play? :\ What about people who brought their own systems and stuff?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
To all the guys who are wondering about additional events:

All I can say right now is...maybe. Like I said we have never had a tourney here before so I don't know what all people expect. If we have enough people to do it and it's not getting too late or too hazardous for trips home we can definitely do it. Might have to figure out entry fee and what not.

To all the guys who are looking to do warm-ups before hand:

Typically we do an hourly charge for using our equipment. But because of the tounrament, we will give all entrants 1 hour free of charge to use for warm-up. If you want more than that, it's gonna be 3 dollars an hour if you use our stuff. And just on an FYI, we don't usually open on Sundays till 1, but I'll show up at 12 so you guys can get more time in for warm-ups.
I understand that you guys are the hosts, but what stores generally do is take a portion (20-30%) of the entry fees for the tournaments.

Example:
$15 for singles - $10 goes to prize pot, $5 goes to the store
$20 for each team - $15 goes to prize pot, $5 goes to the store

People will be bringing their own setups if you guys are concerned about your equipment. If we do use your equipment, it would be reasonable to charge like a $5 fee for the "free" play, but charging people by the HOUR is...unorthodox, to say the least.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
thanks for opening up early B&B, we appreciate it. I know its going to be a little weird hosting a first tourney w/ tourney experienced people coming. We all expect things one way, and things may go another. Hopefully we can all realize that this can be a good learning experience for future tournaments. Hope this all goes well. We'll do our best to accomodate your rules for sure.

Yeah Lixi, 3 against your Ganon is cool. Best of 3 or 5, whichever. Cyas tomorrow.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I think I may have been too optimistic about the roads...I don't even know when I'll get to St. Louis. If it's too late, I may not make it there myself. We'll see.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
looks like im not going...

this blows i really wanted to play.

id be more inclined to but with all the ppl not being able to already cuz of the roads i might as well just go to work.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
This was a great tournament. I had such a great time.

Who was there? I didn't see many super expert awesome people, I actually won a few matches! =D

They didn't charge an hourly rate until AFTER the tournament was done, which lasted at least 3 hours.

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
A guy who went by "Toga" ended up taking first. We had 12 people show up despite the bad weather, which was pretty cool. I don't know who all showed as far as like...smash boards aliases or whatnot, I mean I took everyone's name down for sign ups but that doesn't really help me out too much (and I wouldn't wanna put someone's name on the net without then wanting to). Keep in touch though cause by the end of the month I should have up the next tournament info.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Hopefully the weather will be better for the next one so more people can go.

Congrats on the win Toga. And good thing you had fun at your first tourney Pyro.
:)

Top Bottom