• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

January 14 Tournament in Eureka, MO

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
B and B Gameshop is going to have a smash tournament on Sunday, January 14. Sign ups start at 1:30 pm. Singles tournament double elimination. Prize payout dependent upon number of entrants. Entry fee is $10.

Match struture:
8 min matches, 4 stock. No items. All characters available.

Legal Arenas
Corneria
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64

First round stage will be random unless both contestants can agree on a stage. Loser gets to pick the next round arena. All matches are best 2 out of 3. Character picks for the first round of each match will be blind (tell the judge what character you are going to use so there can be no counter-picking). If you would liike to notify us ahead of time of your participation in the event please email me at bandbgameshop@hotmail.com. We only have 4 tv's/systems so if anyone would like to bring their own for less down time, and if we use your equipment we can cut you a deal on the entry fee. Would need a tv, a system and the game for the discount.

We are located at 1739 West Fifth Street in Eureka, MO. Our phone number is 636-938-9989.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
What are your expected numbers for this tournament and how much of the entry fee money is going into the pot? You should also consider adding more stages such as Dreamland 64 and making it 4 stock.

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
$6 of the entry fee will go into the prize pool. As far as expected numbers, we have no idea. We are a new shop and we are trying to get tournaments going on a regular basis.

As far as suggestions for levels/game play, I'm completely open and will probably take all suggestions and update the list of levels or lives or rules. Like the levels you suggested, I'm gonna put those in the legal arenas.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I think I can make this one. Do you know of anyone who could provide housing the night before?

Also, I suggest having the time be 8 minutes instead of 5.

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
I don't know of any housing, but there is a Days Inn and a Holiday Inn just down the road if you REALLY need someplace to stay the night. I'm glad we are getting such a good response, good to know that people are going to be showing up. As far as the times per round, I went ahead and changed it to 8 min.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
i can prolly make this if i dont have to work...if my doubles partner can come we can probably bring a set up also.

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
The more set-ups people bring, the less down time there will be. Like I said we only have 4 so if no one brings any and there is a lot of downtime between playings, well don't say I didn't warn ya. The response to this has been amazing so this will probably turn out to be a nice tournament.

Suislide

Smash Rookie
Count me in fellas. I'm looking forward to attending. I can also bring a setup to make things more convient.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Wait, is this on a weekend? If not then I can't come. Don't suppose you could change the date to Saturday?

Also found the TV I forgot to bring to my last tourny. Now have a full setup to bring, if I can come.

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
It is on a Sunday. Saturdays around here are kinda nuts cause we have a lot of other stuff going on. Lots of card game tounreys.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I have the following monday off. Is there an address? Or phone number?
If someone is just bringing a GC (and MC and game) I have an extra TV. Do we get a bigger discount for one-and-a-half setups?.......j/k, unless you really do.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Hmm...it takes about 5 hours to get to St. Louis from Nashville. If I leave at 7:00 AM I might be able to make this...but I'd have to stop at WashU to pick up a controller.

Anybody else who's attending want to bring an extra controller for me? ;)

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Why would you drive 5 hours to a tournament like this. >_>

Unless you know you'll make a lot of money...

I'll try and come. This is going to be my first tournament ever. I might be able to bring a gamecube, game, and a few controllers, but I'm scared they'll get stolen, so I'll only bring my controller. :\

Unless....

How many controllers will be there? I'm supposing we'll have 4 player during downtime? And also, when does this end?

I'll totally lose, because I'm horrible, but it'll be worth the money for the experience.

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
We have 16 controllers in store, and I personally can bring a few giving us I think like 19 or so. I will however need a memory card with everything unlocked on it as mine recently corrupted (as in like last week go figure eh) and haven't had the chance to unlock everything again. As far as when it ends, well that totally relies on how many people show up. I would plan on a couple of hours though just based on the response I have gotten at these forums. If we have enough set-ups and we have available tv's between rounds then we can have some free for all play on those extra tv's.

Fragger56

Smash Rookie
If i do infact come this weekend ill bring a memory card with everything unlocked, also i can bring 2 wired controllers and a wavebird (other two have had the rubber bits on the stick more or less destroied...)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Why would you drive 5 hours to a tournament like this. >_>

Unless you know you'll make a lot of money...
LOL notice I said I'd need to stop at WashU to pick up a controller. I go to school there, but my parents live in Nashville. I'll be getting back on the 14th and I'm thinking about if I can also make this tournament (there are people who actually drive 4+ hours to attend tournaments)

I never expect to finish in the money, but the turnout for this doesn't appear too high, so who knows? As long as somebody like Darkrain doesn't show up everybody has a chance.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
As long as one person brings a beaten memory card, we can also copy the file over to other memory cards and just use that. :) Including on the corrupted one.

When is this going to end? And when exactly does it start? Do we just sign in at 1:30, leave, and come back later, or just stay there?

I'm so nervous. This'll be my first tournament. I'll try and convince some of my unskilled friends as well and then I'll lose with them. :)

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
I will be going. see you guys there

also about how many people are you expecting?

Money matches anyone?

i wish zig and andy and those guys would come, can neone contact them? lix?

this is pretty close so im gonna come regardless i just hope more ppl can show up.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Money matches anyone?
Let's do it. My Ice Climbers or Luigi vs. your Fox or Sheik, $5.

i wish zig and andy and those guys would come, can neone contact them? lix?
Andy and Toga are out of town.
I'm pretty sure Zig already knows about this tournament; I think he's busy, and he probably would need a ride.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
are there doubles at this tournament?

k lix i accept, ill probly give you the fox treatment

any other mms? smooth? apple? anyone?

bandbgameshop

Smash Cadet
So far it looks we have about a dozen people that will be attending just based on the response at these forums. I know there are also some people who frequent the shop who might attend that i don't think are on here (unless i just don't their alias or something). But to completely honest I would be suprised if we had more than 20 people show up. If we have enough teams we will do a doubles tournament. Expect entry fee for teams to be $20, probably same set-up as singles.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Problem is, I may not make it there until 2 PM at the earliest.

Are you guys having the Doubles Tournament first? How late do you open?

Dekuscrub, if I make it in time, we should team.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
yeah lix ill team wtih you. wtb more ppl, PM everyone you know haha
Well, you never know. I didn't see a lot of posts in the topic for the first Dragon King tournament, but some really good people from really far away showed up (Darkrain's crew, Jiano & Soroush, Echo's crew, etc.)

To B & B Gameshops:

I hope you guys have tournament bracket-making software. We had to use some kind of ghetto Swiss style tournament thingy at Gathering Grounds and ended up asking Viperboy to make the Singles brackets. He's definitely not coming to this, so you guys better know what you're doing.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Can't you just use the SSBM Tournament Mode?

Anyway, I STILL NEED TO KNOW when this starts and ends. Does it START at 1:30, or do you just begin signing in? Also, IF YOU LOSE IN THE TOURNAMENT, CAN WE STILL PLAY ON THE OTHER TV'S? I'm not going to blow $10 just to lose right away and have to leave.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
pyrotek7x7 said:
Can't you just use the SSBM Tournament Mode?
The SSBM Tournament Mode doesn't do Double Elimination.

Anyway, I STILL NEED TO KNOW when this starts and ends. Does it START at 1:30, or do you just begin signing in? Also, IF YOU LOSE IN THE TOURNAMENT, CAN WE STILL PLAY ON THE OTHER TV'S? I'm not going to blow $10 just to lose right away and have to leave.
The B & B shop guys don't say, but I assume you can show up any time after 12:00 PM and they'll let you in. You might want to call them the day of and double check. I don't know when people will actually get there though.

THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN COVERED: There will be free play before and after the Singles/Doubles tournaments. Basically, any TV that isn't being used for a tournament or money match is for free play. When enough people have been knocked out during tournament, that will also free up some TV's. YOU DON'T HAVE TO ENTER THE TOURNAMENT TO PLAY OTHER PEOPLE.

I don't know how long it'll last, but generally tournaments don't end until the late evenings.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm going to come to this. I didn't realize Eureka wasn't too too far away for me. And its on a Sunday so I don't have to take off! SCORE!! Might bring a couple people, dunno yet. Lookin forward to it.

So the exact address is:

1739 W 5th St
Eureka, MO 63025

right? I just wanted to make sure I had the zip code right... i'm kinda paranoid like that.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Pre-emptive john: I'm going to be mad rusty for this tournament having not played in 2 months. I'm going to hold off on the moneymatches until I've had a couple of rounds.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i can do the tournament brackets, i know how to do it. I know how to do pools into just double elimination if you guys want. Or we could do just random seeding double elimination if there isnt that many people. its not that hard if you know what to do. i'll probly be there at like 12 to warm up and talk about it.

you dont want to do the melee tournament thing because for 1 its not that good, 2 were playing on multiple cubes and 3 it only has 1 style of single elim tournaments

sooo yeah... COME TO THE TOURNY

please edit the first post and add st louis into the title because Eureka is basically in St Louis.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
Also, b and b, I know the tourney is going to be double elimination. If we get a good enough turnout, do you think you will be running a pooled round robin? this'll give people more chances to play, even if the pools only determine placing for a double elim bracket, its still fun and gives more playtime for the 10 dollar entry fee. If there isn't going to be enough time, that's fine, but I just wanted to give the suggestion.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Sure Deku I can do a MM. $2, my Falcon against your Fox/Sheik?
Lixi? This time it can be $5 if ya like. :)

I'll accept PMs from almost anybody for $2.

The weather isn't lookin' too good. I think we're supposed to get snow Friday night, though I don't know if it will be in Eureka or not. v_v

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Sure Deku I can do a MM. $2, my Falcon against your Fox/Sheik?
Lixi? This time it can be $5 if ya like. :)

I'll accept PMs from almost anybody for $2.

The weather isn't lookin' too good. I think we're supposed to get snow Friday night, though I don't know if it will be in Eureka or not. v_v
All right, Smooth_One, here are my MM offers (NO DITTOS):

$5
Luigi - Anybody
Ganondorf - No Fox or Sheik
Ice Climbers - No Peach

$1
Doc - Anybody
Falcon - Anybody
Fox - Anybody

Top Bottom