• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 9-11 2015] B.E.A.S.T 5 - Apex World Circuit Official European Event - SSBM/SSBU/PM (Gothenburg)

CaptainPriceless

Smash Rookie
Paypal only. It's quite simple to get and to use.

There will not be an amateur bracket, we simply do not have setups/time for it. If you consider playing in the tournament the only fun part of a smash event, you should try to open up a bit and play or talk with new people outside of the tournament!
So, if I want to play in this turnament I need to get my name out there first?

TeSik

Smash Cadet
I just got a message from Ryanair: Unfortunately there are sites at Gothenburg City Airport and thus, all flights going there from 4/12 - 31/1 are transferred to Gothenburg Landvetter Airport which is about 44 km far easterly.

Can someone from Sweden please help clarifying further travel costs? I think nearly everyone who's coming from abroad is affected by this so it's quite important. Hope it won't be too much or attending this might become difficult :/

E: Nvm, it's all in the OP already... Only have to talk to our housing friend then :]

Last edited:

Surrealista

Smash Apprentice
I just got a message from Ryanair: Unfortunately there are sites at Gothenburg City Airport and thus, all flights going there from 4/12 - 31/1 are transferred to Gothenburg Landvetter Airport which is about 44 km far easterly.

Can someone from Sweden please help clarifying further travel costs? I think nearly everyone who's coming from abroad is affected by this so it's quite important. Hope it won't be too much or attending this might become difficult :/

E: Nvm, it's all in the OP already... Only have to talk to our housing friend then :]
Search in Norwegian Airlines i bought my ticket there

CaptainPriceless

Smash Rookie
@ C CaptainPriceless
I'm not entirely sure I get your question, but yeah, you need to use PayPal.
Yeah idk how I was thinking when I asked. However, what I wanted to ask was if a nobody like me could compete in any match of some sort. I've never gone to any Smash event and I've never played in an online tourney. Hope this is easier to understand :3

Kim Steinbach-Reif

Smash Cadet
Yeah idk how I was thinking when I asked. However, what I wanted to ask was if a nobody like me could compete in any match of some sort. I've never gone to any Smash event and I've never played in an online tourney. Hope this is easier to understand :3
even if you're good or not, why not give it a try? you will probably get bopped (depending how much you've grinded tech skills).

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Ofc you should join! The best way to learn is to play in tournaments and don't you want to see your nickname at the largest tournament in Europe EVER? :D

Giannis

Smash Cadet
Time to get hyped! For the first time in Smash History, Greece WILL be represented at BEAST in SSBU!!! Specifically, two of Greece's finest (ok, maybe not so fine on European Standards) will be there to smash! We bought our flight tickets and on Monday we will pay our entrance fees! Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Yo, enter Melee too just for the sake of it! You are representing a whole nation after all :D

Enig

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm looking for a teampartner for this tourney. For reference, I come from the Netherlands, main fox and am ranked 8th on the dutch power rankings if that actually means anything haha

Contact me and I may even sacrifice my future firstborn to you :D

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Omg Enig! It's been a long time since we played (it was at BEAST 2 or 3 I think) :D
I'm looking forward to playing you again :D

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten the question about food so many times, kinda thought it was obvious :p

The venue is in the center of Gothenburg, there are literally 500 restaurants and stores nearby where you can get food :)

QUACKQUACK

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm only entering the Smash WiiU tournament. Do I need to be there on Friday when the venue opens, or can I come on Saturday instead? Basically what I'm asking is when the registration happens.

Also, maybe you don't know the answer to this, but is the paid trip and hotel to Apex only for the Melee winners, or is it for the Smash WiiU winners as well?

Last edited:

Giannis

Smash Cadet
(I repeat my question here since Lolex must be really busy and maybe someone else can help) I have a question regarding payment. I am going to use a prepaid card to pay through PayPal but I cant figure out if I should pay the exact amount (in this case 50€) or 52€ (50 + 2 as a transaction fee). Anyone can help?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it, it was actually pretty clear :(

Last edited:

Devilsblob

Smash Rookie
I
Hey I'm only entering the Smash WiiU tournament. Do I need to be there on Friday when the venue opens, or can I come on Saturday instead? Basically what I'm asking is when the registration happens.

Also, maybe you don't know the answer to this, but is the paid trip and hotel to Apex only for the Melee winners, or is it for the Smash WiiU winners as well?
I wonder as well, because i wont make it on friday.

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
The registration is online, you can find a guide on how to do it in the OP, but you better hurry since last day is tomorrow.

Paid trip and pot bonus is only for Melee singles.

Pabmyster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pabmyster
Will this be streamed on SaltyPlayground? I am really hyped to watch this event, since I can't attend myself :p should be a great one though

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Can't wait for this event, helping to represent Scotland. Hoping to do well, specifically in PM with my Wolf. Just looking for good matches really.

Kim Steinbach-Reif

Smash Cadet
Just a stupid question. But since Friday is only PM, is it still possible to still come and just play Melee friendlies for the day being and just get to know the surroundings? Also, how does one know which pool they're playing in?

Last edited:

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Pools will be up before the tournament. Exactly when, I don't know. As soon as practically possible, trust me.

And yes, you can ofc come and play friendlies in any game you want on Friday. We will actually have friendly setups free during the whole event, even during tournaments.

Snexyy

Smash Rookie
Quick question:

Is someone arriving at 9:15 pm at the Landvetter Airport? Would be nice to meet up and get to the location together, since this is the first time being in another country all by myself.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Quick question:

Is someone arriving at 9:15 pm at the Landvetter Airport? Would be nice to meet up and get to the location together, since this is the first time being in another country all by myself.
About 60 UK players (including myself) will be there at about 9:50am, so if you wait until then you can tag along with us.

EDIT: Never mind, didn't realize you said pm.

Last edited:

Kim Steinbach-Reif

Smash Cadet
Are there any places to place jackets and backpacks or such things? Because I don't want to go around carrying stuff all the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom