• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 24, 2015] Smashville 3.0 (Evansville, IN)

Th3 Ice King

Smash Cadet
Evansville Esport's presents Smashville 3.0

Super Smash Bros Melee, Project M, & Smash 4 WiiU

Our fifth Smashville Tournament will be held on January 24th at AMF ARC Lanes 4901 Monroe Ave, Evansville, Indiana 47715. This event will run from Noon-9:00pm with Registration starting at 11:00am.

We will be holding a 1v1 (singles) for all 3 games. Maximum bracket for 1v1 will be 32, but could be 16 depending on entrants. We will be running doubles for Melee only.

Costs to attend:
The venue fee is $8
Melee Singles is $10
Melee Doubles is $5 (Per Player)
PM Singles is $10
Smash 4 Singles is $5
There is no charge for spectators.
Ex. If you are coming just to play melee $10 entry + $8 venue = $18.
Ex. If you are coming to play Melee $10 entry + Smash 4 entry $5 + $8 venue = $23

Smash 4 and PM will be running at the same time so it will not be possible to enter both PM & Smash 4 without causing time issues for the other event.

Prize:
There are currently no Pot Bonuses.
Prizes for all three events will be 60-30-10.
In the event of a 32man bracket for melee 50-25-15-10 prize will be given instead.
(Melee Only) The winner of Melee for Smashville 3.0 will receive our traveling trophy and may keep it until Smashville 4.0 (Approx. 2 months). The trophy must be forfeited or re-won at that time.

Rules:
We will be using the Apex rule set for Melee and Project M.
We will be using our own rule set for Smash 4.
All rule sets are in .pdf format at http://evansville-esports.proboards.com/thread/189/smashville-3?page=1&scrollTo=927

Venue:
The venue is a bowling alley: AMF ARC Lanes. They have given us an incredibly large area to set up and will allow for an incredibly large amount of room. 100+ easy (Not saying that is what were expecting at all, but we have the setups, support of the venue, and space potential for it if this becomes big) We have used this venue twice before and it has been amazing.
This is about 1/3 of the space we have available.

The Venue has a fully functional restaurant/bar.

Stream:
We have OMD to cast the event, he will be joined by other players such as Bench, CPU, Beneblade, and CawRiN. The Stream is gonna be hype!. Stream can be found at www.twitch.tv/evansville_esports

Tentative Schedule:
10:00am Venue Opens
11:00am Registration Begins
12:00pm Registration Closes for Project M & Smash 4
12:10pm Smash 4 Pools Begin
1:30pm Project M Pools Begin
2:00pm Smash 4 Bracket Begins (16)
2:00pm Registration Closes for Melee Singles & Doubles
2:30pm Melee Doubles Bracket Begins (Straight Bracket)
2:45-3:00pm (Estimate) Project M Bracket Begins
4:30pm Melee Singles Pools Begin
7:00pm Melee Singles Bracket Singles Begins (32)
8:30pm is when we finished at 2.5. ( I expect us to finish around 9:30)
12:00am Venue closes

Incredibly discounted bowling will be available to all attendees, family, and friends throughout the event.

Please sign up on Facebook so we can have a good idea about attendance.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1594333150797036/?ref=br_tf

ALSO, Please sign up on this Google Doc. Payment is not necessary until arriving at the event. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OY1tSx_Va7_UcR40gUtU59xIF2b34lMoWrEFWpvyWu8/viewform

Last edited:

Treuce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Treuce
3DS FC
2509-1348-8615
Well, will be nice to get involved in the local scene. Hope I can cause a couple upsets and meet some good players.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
wish smash 4 wasn't $5. would consider skipping the cincy tourney and coming there. and im from cincy lol
well that and w/e the mystery ruleset it

Last edited:

EpiMann

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-1556-8230
Do players need to bring adapters for their controllers? Any need for more systems brought? Trying to make this my first tournament appearance...

Treuce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Treuce
3DS FC
2509-1348-8615
Do players need to bring adapters for their controllers? Any need for more systems brought? Trying to make this my first tournament appearance...
This will be my first in person tourney appearance. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Th3 Ice King

Smash Cadet
Each WiiU setup will have a 4port Gc adapter. You will only need to bring your controller.
72 signed up on Facebook and 63 preregistered. Hype stuff.

wish smash 4 wasn't $5. would consider skipping the cincy tourney and coming there. and im from cincy lol
well that and w/e the mystery ruleset it
This is our first Smash 4 WiiU event and its the side event for Smashville. In the future it may require its own event. When that happens it will probably become a $10 event.

Treuce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Treuce
3DS FC
2509-1348-8615
You're going down next time, Treuce.

Lol. Who did you enter as? Burnt Norris or another alias? Also, I welcome all challengers... I've beaten the guy who got 5th in every set we've played this week though so better practice up.

Last edited:

burntnorris

Smash Rookie
NNID
burntnorris
3DS FC
4184-1891-3522
Lol. Who did you enter as? Burnt Norris or another alias? Also, I welcome all challengers... I've beaten the guy who got 5th in every set we've played this week though so better practice up.
I entered as chuckroast, we talked a bit about Mother 3, and I got second seed in our bracket, lol.

Treuce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Treuce
3DS FC
2509-1348-8615
I entered as chuckroast, we talked a bit about Mother 3, and I got second seed in our bracket, lol.

Oh okay, I know who you are. You played Yoshi and then Ness against me. We have weeklies in Owensboro every Monday except the first one of the month and we're not too far from you. Aside from me and the guy who got 5th we now have 2-4 more really good players.

Top Bottom