• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 24, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazy 8" Tournament! (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

capfalcon159

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-6316-2285
You never know man, plus getting your *** kicked is part of the process of getting better. I've beaten ranked people in the past, and to be honest I'm extremely un-technical, as in, for example, I had to look up what pivot means and was like "oh I think I do that some times" haha
Yeah I know, it's nice to play against some people that are better than you, but if it's somebody just ridicously better, like this guy, it might just be frustrating.

T0RN

I'm Torn
Yeah I know, it's nice to play against some people that are better than you, but if it's somebody just ridicously better, like this guy, it might just be frustrating.
Sometimes you just need to ask for help. These higher up players are eager to help people to grow the game.

Dmil86

Smash Cadet
I really wanted to come play some sm4sh this tournament! I am not sure if I will be able to meet it though. I need to find some more people to play with. I don't think for glory is going to help me improve much.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Sometimes you just need to ask for help. These higher up players are eager to help people to grow the game.
This. If a good player has time on their hands and its obvious you're trying really hard to get good they can sit down with you and really give you some really smart ideas to just improve you overall when you play

Get advice from good people as often as you can. If you are reading this and you've never done this I want to challenge you to find a player much better than you and try to get a one on one improvement oriented conversation going. When its over plug those new insights and ideas into how you're approaching improving at this game and see how those ideas work for you and try to put your own creative spin on them.

Last edited:

capfalcon159

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-6316-2285
Just melee
Oh, I might of wanted to play some friendlies. Although I'm not very great so it might of been boring for you lol. I would play melee, but the disc is so freaking expensive! I can't find anything for under 100 bucks. How did you get your disc, have you always had it??

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
Oh, I might of wanted to play some friendlies. Although I'm not very great so it might of been boring for you lol. I would play melee, but the disc is so freaking expensive! I can't find anything for under 100 bucks. How did you get your disc, have you always had it??
i will play some friendlies with you!

T0RN

I'm Torn
yeah i'll definitely play some friendlies bro

T0RN

I'm Torn
And yeah it was my older cousins. He got it when it came out. (i was 1)

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
I have the same problem you have and i also happen to have the wii u gamecube adapter, so I found a driver for the adapter, got dolphin, synced my controller with dolphin and that's how I play melee.

T0RN

I'm Torn
I would be willing to make an ISO for you, so you can play on your computer and not download illegally off of the internet.

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
http://ncsmash.com/html/powerrankings.html

These are the current Power Rankings for NC for Smash 4. There are definitely some good players Out there that need to come out and see if they can get on here.
I think I played a brawl tourny with you ages ago man, were you part of the Pit/R.O.B team we played in a Burlington tourny by chance? I was a Wolf player with a Snake player

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I'll mm in melee pm and maybe smash 4. Stock field I'll mm you in smash 4 just so you can get that run back from last event :). Also is there doubles for this event. If so which game, please don't smash smash4, but if so who wants to team.

- Starlord -cura- atlas

Last edited:

capfalcon159

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-6316-2285
I would be willing to make an ISO for you, so you can play on your computer and not download illegally off of the internet.
I have tried dolphin emulator, its fine for something like super Mario sunshine, but anything more, and my computer isn't fast enough. Its a fast computer, but something with it being a Mac and all, the gamecube games just run pretty slow on it.

capfalcon159

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-6316-2285
I have the same problem you have and i also happen to have the wii u gamecube adapter, so I found a driver for the adapter, got dolphin, synced my controller with dolphin and that's how I play melee.
My computer is obviously much more powerful than a GameCube, however it lags and gets slow all the time. Wow can't believe you got a Wii u cg adapter! I couldn't find one so I have to use a crappy third party may flash one.

capfalcon159

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-6316-2285
No I have been to one of these before and placed 7th in melee and pm but it's my first wii u tourney
I'll play some friendlies, but this is my first tourney ever, and I'm not very good. I'm really kinda just going to see if I like it. But I'd love some tips, and if your willing to help me that would be great! Don't worry though, I understand if you really want someone to give you a challenge.

T0RN

I'm Torn
My computer is obviously much more powerful than a GameCube, however it lags and gets slow all the time. Wow can't believe you got a Wii u cg adapter! I couldn't find one so I have to use a crappy third party may flash one.
I can help you with dolphin... What Lin of mac do you have

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
I'll play some friendlies, but this is my first tourney ever, and I'm not very good. I'm really kinda just going to see if I like it. But I'd love some tips, and if your willing to help me that would be great! Don't worry though, I understand if you really want someone to give you a challenge.
I would love to help you and maybe we can have some falcon dittos!

Top Bottom