• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 17, 2015] Winter Con 2015 January 17th BONUS POTS (Baton Rouge , Louisiana)

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Smashcon:Winter Edition
(Wintercon)
January 17, 2015​

Venue
Lazertag of Baton Rouge
5871 S Sherwood Forest Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70816

We're back and better then ever! Smashcon is putting on yet again another massive smash event in Louisiana! With Smash 4 added to the schedule you'll really get your smash fill when you come to Wintercon this year. We have all the smash you could ever need! Professionals and casuals alike will be filling our venues rooms with tons of eager players looking for that match that will push them to the next level. Come and see if you can snatch first competeing in your favorite smash this year here at Wintercon!

Venue Fee $5

Website
http://www.smash-con.com
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesmashcon

Stream
http://www.twitch.tv/smashcon

FB Event
https://www.facebook.com/events/1489032774711384/

Tourney Fees
Singles-$10
Doubles-$5 per Player

Food

Pizza
1 Slice-$2
2 Slices-$3

Cash
Remember to bring around 100 dollars in cash. Be prepared to buy nice, custom made, one-of-a-kind novelty items you won't find anywhere else (Hats, key chains, posters, ETC) Anything higher than $10, lower than $1, will not be accepted as payment. Exact change is also highly appreciated.

Attendance

If you are going to be no more than 10 minutes late, please contact the TO who's tournament you are entering. Shoot them a text, or better yet call them because they will most likely be running round taking care of things. They will add you to the tournament you request to enter in. Make sure you have your money ready. If the first game of the tournament has started and you call, it's too late to enter. So if you think you are going to be late, call.

Tournament Priority

As you can see, this event is on a tight schedule. If you are cross-entered in a tournament (entered in multiple tournaments) and you have a more than one match to play at once, the tournament with the higher entry fee takes priority.

Smash4> 64/Melee/P:M/Brawl > SSF4/UmVC3

For example, If you are waiting to play a tournament match for Melee but you get called for a tournament match in Brawl, you must leave the Melee station and come play your Brawl match.

However, if a tournament match is already going on in any game, you will not be required to leave until said match is complete. You must report to your next match immediately afterwards.

Tournament matches have priority over any money match.

Pools

Pools will be run to determine proper seeding for all events throughout the day. (time permitting)

Schedule

10:00 - Venue opens for players

11:00 - Smash 4 Doubles/Brawl Singles

12:00 - Smash 4 Singles/ 64 Doubles

1:00 - Pokemon/Melee Doubles

2:00 -

3:00 - Melee Singles / UMvC3

4:00 - N64 Singles /Ultra Street Fighter 4

5:00 -PM Doubles/ Pokemon/Blazblue Chronophantasma

6:00 - PM Singles/Persona 4 Arena:Ultimax/KoF

7:00 - Killer Instinct/Guilty Gear Xrd

8:00 -

9:00

10:00

11:00

12:00

Payouts

All Smash payouts will folllow this rule of thumb.

1st - 60% + 25% of pot money
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

If the Tourney exceeds 40 players we'll change it to.

1st - 55% + 25% of pot money
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%

Everything else will be

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Rulesets

Smash4

Working on it.

Brawl

-Normal Match: best 2/3 games; Grande Finals: best 3/5 sets of best 2/3 games*
*If there is a time constraint, we will cut the sets down to best 2/3.
-3 stocks, 8 minutes time limit
-Metaknight is legal
-Items turned off
-Team attack on
-Double Metaknight is banned for doubles
-In the event of a tie in stock, the person with the higher percent loses

Stage list:
Neutral- Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1
Counterpick- Castle Siege, Lylat Cruise, Battleship Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon

Melee

Melee ruleset is the standard 4 stocks, team attack on, 8 minute time limit with the following stages:

Singles
Neutrals - Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick - Pokemon Stadium

Doubles
Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium

Oh and wobbling is legal but anyone caught wobbling will be ridiculed and harassed for being a weenie.

First will be pools, then a double elimination bracket. Matches will be best of 3, except for finals and semi-finals which will be best of 5. Any obscure rules can be found here: MBR Recommended Ruleset.

PM

4 stocks, 8 minutes
Items off
Neutral: Page 1, bottom row
Counterpick: Page 1, center row

N64
-5 stock
-No Items
-Best 2 of 3
-Double Elimination
-Grand Finals will be decided by a best 3 of 5 matches and if the winner of the loser bracket wins a final set best 2 of 3.
-Starter Stage: Hyrule
-Neutrals:Dreamland, Hyrule, Congo
-Winner may Ban one stage
-Loser Picks
-All Stages are unbanned after each match
-12 min limit on GF matches

Pokemon X/Y

Working on it.

Website
http://www.smash-con.com

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesmashcon

Stream
http://www.twitch.tv/smashcon

FB Event
https://www.facebook.com/events/1489032774711384/

Last edited:

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
This is all very much under construction. We need to add rules for a couple games and add FGs but wanted to just get it up and posted so people could know to schedule off work far in advance.

Schedule may shift a few games around. Everything on it will stay just more will be added none removed.

-Fancy

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
I really wanna go to this. I don't even know how long the drive is from Bossier, but I wanna meet the bulk of the LA smash community. Time to talk to the warden (ie mom). ;)

Edit: does anyone have a link to/know where the results of the last wintercon/summercon were posted? I've been looking around and can't find it. I've only been playing for about a year and don't know our state real well.

Last edited:

SirProton

Smash Rookie
Hello I'm Brandon but I prefer the tag "Zora". I want to attend this tournament really, really bad. I don't see any prerequisites for entering this tournament if there is any to begin with. I intend on playing PM singles if that helps. I am really excited for this because it will be my first tournament. I have a Wii and a copy of Brawl, Melee, and a 2gb SD card with PM installed, and even a CRT. all ready to go if it will help

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Hello I'm Brandon but I prefer the tag "Zora". I want to attend this tournament really, really bad. I don't see any prerequisites for entering this tournament if there is any to begin with. I intend on playing PM singles if that helps. I am really excited for this because it will be my first tournament. I have a Wii and a copy of Brawl, Melee, and a 2gb SD card with PM installed, and even a CRT. all ready to go if it will help
best post of 2015 so far

SSP Trip

Smash Rookie
This very well could be my first non "local" tourney. Sounds fun

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll likely be going to this! Someone should update the Smash 4 ruleset.

Last edited:

Daniel2210

Smash Rookie
This is going to sound really stupid, but what time should I get there? Me and a few of my friends were thinking about attending this and doing the Smash 4 Doubles and Singles which is at 11 and 12 AM, but there is no specified time for the pooling. Should we just arrive there at opening? Also, another stupid question: can I bring some more friends to spectate the matches for free, or would they need to pay?

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
How's the Sm4sh ruleset coming along?

As much as I implore you to make it 3stock, I need to know if I'll have to practice with 2stocks...
Even if I really wish I don't.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Double post because information

Smash4 is Apex ruleset guys. Confirmed by Fancy on the Facebook page.

Last edited:

rasnauf

Smash Rookie
Wait, is this event on the 17th or the 24th? On this website: wherevent<dot>com/detail/Smash-Con-Wintercon-2015-January-24th
it says that it's on the 24th but here it says it was on the 17th.

Top Bottom