Our Xanadu Melee Monthly!
"You never know who's going to show up...literally" Featuring special guests every week!
Previous OoR guests include: Sethlon, D1, K9, DJ Nintendo, Alukard, Lazarond, Rat, ESAM, Mew2King, ZeRo, Xzax, Keitaro, Nakat, and many others!
Games: Super Smash Bros. Melee
11am- Venue Opens/All Registration opens
12:45pm- Doubles Registration Closes
1pm- Doubles Round Robin Begins
2:30pm- Doubles Final Bracket Begins
3:00pm- Doubles Amateur Bracket Begins
3:45pm- Singles Registration Closes
4:00pm- Singles Round Robin Begins
6:30pm- Singles Main Bracket Begins
7:30pm- Singles Amateur Bracket Begins
8:30pm- Tournament completed
Join the S@X group for more info: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashAtXanadu/
Calendar of games:
1/9&10- Smash for Wii U SUPER monthly
1/12- Project M
1/13- Smash for Wii U
1/17- Melee Monthly
1/19- Project M
1/20- Smash for Wii U
1/26- Project M
1/27- Smash for Wii U
$10 Venue fee (First 5 console setups will receive $5 venue off)
$10 Per Person Doubles ($10 per team)
$10 Melee Singles Entry
Rules: These rules apply to all events, specific events below. If you have any questions about the rules, please ask up front rather than waiting till after a match to ask. It could be too late!
- 4 stock
- 8 minute timer
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, we prefer using the G&W Hammer method to determine who gets to choose.
- You may switch controller ports on your counterpick only.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller). I recommend having a spare, just in case. If you don't have one, I might have a few for sale.
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it.
- A match ending in simultaneous death does not go to the initiator. If the result is sudden death from this, use the normal tiebreaking rules (to follow) to determine the winner. Otherwise use who the game declared the winner.
- Coaching mid-match is banned. Don't do it.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
- For the main singles event, ALL sets are best 2 of 3 games, except the matches in the top 5 (Winners Semis, Loser's Quarters, Loser's Semis and the finals), which are best of 5
- In Doubles, only the finals matches are best of 5
- In the event of a game running to time, the winner is determined first by stocks, then % if the stocks are tied.
- Amateur bracket is single elimination.
- Players may agree to a neutral start (so that both players are on the same level)
1. Character selection
2. Stage strike 1-2-1
3. Play Game 1
4. Winning player announces ban stage (3 bans for PM) for the set
5. Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
6. Winner of previous match chooses characters
7. Loser of previous match chooses characters
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.
Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.
1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent.
2. Verify neither player violated the LGL rule (if the match went to time)
3. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the game. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 4. The LGL is modified for this match to 20.
4. A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.
- No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted (i.e. 20xx)
- Drugs/Alcohol are banned from Xanadu. Don't let me see any, smell any, etc. We'll send you home packing.
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.'s discretion.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
- TTL Rule: You must register for the event in person, on-time. Once the registration deadline is closed, no further entries will be permitted. Do not try to call me in advance to hold the bracket.
- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, "agreeing to split", etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, banning of said players from stream matches and a potential 1 event suspension at the T.O's discretion.
- 1 stage ban in bo3 matches
- no stage bans in bo5 matches
- Starter Stages:
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land 64
- Counterpick stages
- Doubles Stage Changes
Fountain of Dreams is banned
Pokemon Stadium is a Starter Stage
Kongo Jungle 64 is a counterpick
All within close proximity is Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's. There is also a pizza place that delivers that everyone is extremely fond off, as well as Chinese take out. We have the chinese and pizza place order list right there at the counter if you want something.
Dominos also delivers:
Phone: (410) 242-3030
www.twitter.com/xanadugames -Our store's twitter
www.twitter.com/thetantalus -ask me if you have any questions about the event
www.twitter.com/vgbootcamp -Our twitter
www.twitter.com/tkbreezy - VGBC's Lead commentator and the voice of Project M
www.twitter.com/ThePhenomenalEE - our other lead commentator
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashAtXanadu/ - Local facebook group for S@X