• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jan 16 - Harrisburg Mall, HBCPGA

Damon180

Smash Ace
I know, I know, it's overlapping pound 4. Our dates were pre-planned since last summer, I have no control over it. Picture this as a warmup tourney for all you brawl players. Come rock it out here on saturday, then go pwn on sunday in MD. A lot of locals will still be at this tourney, come encourage them to join ya on sunday. I'll be heading to MD myself after the tourney to catch some melee action and do some brawl teams the next day. Hope to see ya.

*BTW - this tournament runs unless the mall closes, just like the last one. If you pm me asking if it's still on, the answer is yes!
Anyway, here's the info

I-83 & Paxton St
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717) 564-0980

Check their website www.hbcpga.com for further details

There are several events going on here that are worth checking out! If you have friends that aren't just into smash, perhaps they'd be into some of the other games.

Tournaments are as follows:

Madden 2k10
NBA 2K10
Smash Brawl (Singles and Teams)
Halo3 ODST (FFA and 2v2)
Fight Night Round 4
Modern Warfare 2 (FFA and 2v2)
NCAA Football 2k10
Tekken 6

Times:
Teams start @1pm
Singles should start @3-4ish

Rules:
* 3 Stock
* 7 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Finals/championship will be best of 5
*In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned!
* Anything the TO deems unsportsman-like or Illegal will have you disqualified from the tournament!

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
3. The first game is played, using a random stage from the starter set
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List
Random
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Counter
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

GOLDONE07

Smash Cadet
The snow slowed us down last month, but this will be a great turnout like we usually get!
see you guys there!

And_Man

Smash Cadet
Man, I used to live ~half an hour away from there, but now I'm all the way down in Pittsburgh without a car :ohwell:

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Should be there for teams but I've gotta leave at 3. I'll bring a Wii and Brawl if needed.

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
If someone can bring another set up to this, it would be awesome. Also Savvy, how much are we money matching? I don't even know who u play, so lets figure it out now. Chad, I can't ever figure out anything because you hate me on aim and never reply so.... how would I talk with you about car pooling?

Savvy

Smash Cadet
Olimar's my main and marth is my alt. im down with $5-$10 money matches best of 3 or 5? Whos your main? and have we met at other venues? i recall your name from braII back in november in reading.

i have a wii brawl, and melee i can bring, but no t.v. that would fit in chads car with me and who ever els he's agreed to car pool with.

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
Olimar's my main and marth is my alt. im down with $5-$10 money matches best of 3 or 5? Whos your main? and have we met at other venues? i recall your name from braII back in november in reading.

i have a wii brawl, and melee i can bring, but no t.v. that would fit in chads car with me and who ever els he's agreed to car pool with.
I main Wario I guess. He is the one I keep playing in tournaments with. I second DK , used to main him. Yeah I was at BR2. I sucked lol. Also , we can do a 5$ mm best of 5. Also, who can borrow their mom's mini van, lets get the 3 people that I'm coming with and chad, and you two from york imo lol.

Savvy

Smash Cadet
hahaha minivan would be FTW!!
especially if it has t.v.s in it then we could play smash on the ride up. =D =D =D

Wario huh? ive actually never play against a wario main that is decent. should be fun to say the least but i suck at match ups i dont know >_<
We will have to do a few friendlies before money matches if thats cool

Savvy

Smash Cadet
Probally i played alot of friendlies at br2. =D=D=D My smash game got so much better from going to that. Wish i could go to pound just to play friendlies but i have no ride =(=(=(

Damon180

Smash Ace
If someone can bring another set up to this, it would be awesome. Also Savvy, how much are we money matching? I don't even know who u play, so lets figure it out now. Chad, I can't ever figure out anything because you hate me on aim and never reply so.... how would I talk with you about car pooling?
my aim is on 24/7, and you always just hit and run. keep your account online and i can get back to you :). i usually work from like noon till 11pm. i'll be leaving my place this sat around 830-9AMish if you wanna catch a ride. or you can PM me with your address :)

Four Leaf

Smash Journeyman
can we get 3 setups this time around to have one for friendlies or melee or somethiing? Two is ok, but it would be nice to have 3. I don't have a tv that I could bring, anyone willing to?

Damon180

Smash Ace
t-boy will provide the TVs, he only wants to use the flatscreens for game play. i'll see what i can do. if the turnout is big enough, he will add more. he has lots of flatscreens. see you there.

Top Bottom