• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 04+] Mr. R vs Japan

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
His use of Marth's shield game is amazing! (Up smash, up B, etc.) Also his off stage game is incredible, and his use of counter is as well....

I noticed that his countering Otori's tornados in Game 1 of that set looked like it would take a really fast reaction speed.... does he just have a fast reaction speed, or is he looking (or hearing) for it?

C.J.

Smash Master
His reaction speed appears to be really quick (look at his Snake matches specifically). However, Otori's nados were fairly easy to see coming so it isn't hard to believe that Ramin was looking for them as well.

Also, thank you Shaya. I knew I was forgetting something. ^_^;

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That dimension cape kill was ****ing ridiculously good... did he 'extend' that though?
Either way, that was an insanely smart thing to do and is actually a really scary addition to MK's edge game (in a similar way to how counter can do crazy things).

Lord Chair

Smash Master
You don't necessarily need a fast reaction time to counter/upb nado, thing is slow as hell. Note that while ledgeguarding MK, all you have to do is react. You don't have to read his stuff, the state of focus and anticipation you put yourself in should make anyone capable of at least countering nado on reaction.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
He still did really well vs. Nado. I think it was the first game where nietono started nadoing a lot last stock because he was getting desperate and Mr. R countered it like every time. Pretty much won the game for Mr. R. lol.

Laem

Smash Champion
Mr. R placing 17th still made me a sad panda and i hope he takes as many $$ home as he can as part of my petty vengeance.
As for countering the nado's, the nado is particularly fast for a ledge option. He just counters it (not necessarily in the DownB sense) the same way he's amazing at powershielding MK's dsmash: a healthy mix of reaction and prediction/waryness.

btw, I might start using that phrase 'logic bomb' xD

Top Bottom