• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jakor's Roster of Awesomeness

Jakor

Smash Ace
So, I present to you the second version of my roster:

You will probably notice right away that there are 55 characters. Most people say there won't be more than 50 characters in Smash 4, but I beg to differ. I checked the past Smash games, and noticed the number of new characters added in total:
  • 64 : 12 new characters
  • Melee: 14 new characters
  • Brawl: 18 new characters
And in my roster, there is exactly 20 new characters (not counting Mewtwo since he is a returning veteran). I think it is quite realistic considering that the number of new characters has been increasing since the first game.

As for my actual roster, I've put a lot of thought in it. There are still some characters that could be changed, such as Victini or Krom, but this is what I've got right now. Another thing I did is trying to add at least one character to each of the major series. I also added as much villains and female characters as possible.

So, feel free to comment, any feedback is appreciated!

And for those who are interested, here is the first version of my roster:
[collapse=Roster-v1]

Roster changes:
  • Zelda: Added Impa to increase the number of rep from 4 to 5. (There has been 4 characters since Melee).
  • Kirby: Added Bandanna (Waddle) Dee in order to add a new rep to the series.
  • Kid Icarus: Replaced Eggplant Wizard by Palutena and added Medusa, since the latter two have become more important characters for the series.
  • Pokemon: Replaced Zoroark by Victini, added Mewtwo and added Lucario. Well, Mewtwo is simply awesome, and by removing Zoroark, who I feel would be too similar to Wolf and Lucario, Lucario can come back in the roster.
  • Fire Emblem: Replaced Lyn by Krom. The latter seems to be more popular among gamers.
  • Retro: Replaced Mach Rider by Lip, because I think Lip's moveset has much more potential of being unique than Mach Rider's.
[/collapse][SIZE=-2]All credit for the images goes to Oasis_S.[/SIZE]

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Pros (IMO):
- Added Mewtwo
- Not too many cuts overall
- Kept both third parties while adding Mega Man
- Added BOTH Dixie and K. Rool
- Added BOTH Palutena and Medusa (it probably won't happen, but it'd be nice to have)
- Added BOTH Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow (again, pretty unlikely, but still would be great to have)
- Added Toad
- Added Ridley
- Added Isaac
- Added Mii

Neutral (IMO): - Added Krystal
- Added Lip
- Added Impa and Tingle
- Added Porky
- Added Krom
- Added Waddle Dee
- Added Tom Nook
- Added Victini

Cons (IMO):
- Cut Toon Link (I no like cutting)
- No Roy
- No Saki
- No Mach Rider or Takamaru

So, all in all, I give it about an 8.5 out of 10. There are a few things I don't really like, but overall, I think I'd be very satisfied with the roster if it turned out to be this

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Seems fine except the cutting of Toon Link and replacing him with two characters that have less representation and move-set capability. *butthurt that there is no Ghirahim love*

Two points for adding two Kid Icarus reps though, I think it should happen, I don't care who they are!

Jakor

Smash Ace
Thanks for the replies guy!

I know that cutting Toon Link is something most people don't like, but I don't like the idea of having two Link, especially if they are clone. The only way I would be adding him back would be if he got a completely unique moveset than the regular Link, which probably won't happen anyway.

I also think recurring characters from a series are more deserving (as well as being more important) to be in Smash than one-shot characters. That's why there is no Ghirahim or Geno in my roster.

I thought about adding back Roy, but I don't think that Fire Emblem should have more than three rep right now.

Saki would actually be my 56th character, he missed the character by just a margin, and could eventually have his own slot in my roster if I change my mind later on.

I don't get the appeal for Takamaru. I don't know much about him other, maybe if someone could tell me what some of his moves would be, than I might consider him more.

As for Mach Rider, I had him in my roster before, but changed for Lip instead. He just seems like he would be too generic, maybe even be a C. Falcon clone, while Lip has much more potential of being unique.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
takamaru's a samurai who sometimes shoots lightning. this is reason enough.

no, but seriously - my only complaint is what's been said, toon link should be on here. otherwise i'd be 100% content with this being the final roster.

(no cuts, ridley, mewtwo, and a fifth-gen pokemon are all i need this time around. maybe i just have low standards. :grin:)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Pros -
4 Donkey Kong reps (Dixie and the King)
3 Fire Emblem Reps (Krom is a most)
Including Mewtwo - He so needs to be brought back!
Including Megaman
Including Isaac
Including Tom Nook
Including Palutena
Keeping Sonic
Including Ridley

Neutral
Including Krystal
Including Lip
Including Victini
Including Toad

Cons
Four Kirby reps - Kirby is well representd with three trademark vharacters. I do not think Bandana Waddle-dee belongs in SSB4

Including Porky - To me, Earthbound is a dead series (a great one though). I think dead series such as Earthbound should have 2 characters at most. Porky, the Masked man, Kumatora, or others would be interesting but, I feel Porky is a odd choice.
Including Lucario - I like Lucario but I feel he should be replaced with Zoroark. My personal opinion.

And that note: A Zoroark Absence - For one he would be the first Dark-type Pokemon in a SSB4 game, can use illusions for attacks, can fill a villain role, and was the first of Generation 5 to be released. I feel he has a right to be in the game.

No Saki - I am a full Saki supporter as well as bringing back and continuing the Sin and Punishment games. I think the game has some relevancy within Nintendo's history and should be well documented in the SSB series. Nintendo would do well to advertise and rocgnize this series.

No Shulk - Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best up adn coming games on the Wii console. As well, it is the first game developed by Monolith Soft after going into Nintendo. Shulk is a great character from an above amazing RPG that could help it 1) get localized in the States, 2) strengthen Monolith/Nintendo relations, and 3) help support a game with very high potential to become a flagship Nintendo series. So Shulk = must have.

Medusa - While I can totally see Sakurai pimping out Kid icarus with 3 reps, I don't think it quite deserves it yet. I like Medusa but I feel Palutena should get the role instead of her.

No 3rd Metroid Rep - If Kid Icarus gets 3 reps, Metroid should too. I propose Dark Samus to get the 3rd slot. And no, she has a lot of potential and would not be a clone (phazon-based energy attacks, phazon ice attacks, dark echoes, etc)

Impa and Tingle - Impa, while a regular in the LoZ series, has not made a huge impact on the games UNTIL Skyward Sword. While she would be interesting, I think she is not deserving of the spot. On that note, Tingle. Tingle, like Waluigi, should never, ever be in Brawl nor should Tingle represent the LoZ toon series.

Cutting Toon Link - Toon Link was the best LoZ characters by far. He also represents the LoZ toon series. I would also throw in Toon Zelda + Tetra for fun.

3 F-Zero Reps - Like I said with Earthbound, F-Zero is a dead (but great) series. It has had only the Cap to rep the series and I feel, while it derves a second, it by no means deserves a third. So I would pick Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, or maybe even Deathborn.

Adding Snake - While I love Snake and Metal Gear Solid, I do not think he should be added to the SSB4 game. Mostly, he does not fit SSB formula as a whole, does not have a intimate relationship with Nintendo as other 3rd party characters do, and was added in SSBB because Konami (or th eleader) literally begged Sakurai to add him in (or so they say). So while I would like to see Snake included, it would feel weird to have him in it.

Taking out Mach Rider - I was really excited to see you wanted to add Mach Rider but, I feel that your reason for taking him out is rather weak. By extension, Black Shadow could have a cloned Ganondorf move set and Palutena can have a cloned Zelda move set. I picture Mach Rider fighting exclusively on his motorcycle. While he is very fast and mobile, he has low traction, skids, and turns widely. He could have attacks such as ramming his spinning tire into opponents faces, crashing his motorcycle on the ground and hand-standing on it while it spins in order to do a spin kick, and just running over the opposition with his speedy Dash attack. I would make for a fairly interesting move set and character. Just look to Final Fantasy Advent Children for examples for fighting with motorcycles lol. However, I like how you added Lip since she would be unique as well.

A lack of new series to SSB - In SSBM, we had Fire Emblem, and Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch represented. In SSBB, we had Kid Icarus, Metal Gear Solid, Sonic, Wario, and Robot. In your roster, the only new series represented are Panel de Pon, Golden Sun, Mega Man, and Wii. One less than in SSBB when the trend has been shown to include two-three more new series from the previous installment. Just saying.

Lack of a WTF character - I have noticed a lack of a WTF character. Jigglypuff some what fills that role in SSB, Mr. Game and Watch fills it in SSBM, and R.O.B. fills it in SSBB. Lip or Tom Nook could fill that role but, as again, a WTF character usually presents his or her own series. As well, Lip fills the role for a Retro character more so than a WTF character.

But this is your roster and you make it how you want it to be. I have seen **** awful rosters that includes 8 Sonic characters, Master Chief, Cloud, Super Sayjin Goku, Naruto, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Gene Simmons, Simba, and whatever god awful characters they think of and expanding the roster to 250 characters when all they can do is download Mugen and have at it. While others painstakingly follows a set order and only includes the popular characters and, in the end, the roster becomes predictable and rigid. But I found yours both adhering to public opinion while being creative and informative of Nintendo's history. All in all, I give your roster a 7 out of 10 with a few minor flaws (cut a F-zero rep and a Earthbound rep mainly).

Top Bottom