• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jacksonville Smashfests, w00ts all around

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't know my way to my own house or how to explain ****.....so ima copy Pritch's thread starting paragraph! :grin: yayyy for Pritch!

Info and stuff:

We play regularly on Saturday at 2:00 in the unf gameroom (lol yeah right, but we hope too!), with the exception of if there's a tournament or somthing like that happening that weekend or some other random other event (and I'll post up if I'm personally not going to be coming, hopefully others will do the same). The place is pretty easy to find - if you came in from Kernan just take a right at the light, turn into the second parking lot on the left, and park in front of the small grassy area on the right side of that lot - the gameroom's on the right side of that green. If you came in St Johns then just take a right at the light, go straight through the kernan light and refer to the stuff about coming in from kernan. Parking isn't an issue on the weekends as UPD doesn't check tags then.

Here's the address if you need to mapquest your way to campus:
11800 UNF Drive
Jacksonville, Fl, 32224

Bring some cash in case we run a small tournament (think $5-10 so that there's a bit of a pot) and we may end up ordering pizza or chinese or somthing, so allow for that.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Lazy bum.

Since the stuff I wrote was under the assumption that I'd be running stuff if we did a tournament I'll mention somthing so you guys don't get in trouble. If you're going to run a cash tournament in the gameroom be real discreet about the cash bit - it is school property and "gambling" is illegal there, so be careful about that. Not saying you have to handle the money off of campus or anything, just don't be stupid about it.

Of course, you could just as easily not run tournaments and just smash - seemed to work for us last summer. Just making sure you're aware of the situation over there; I'm most likely gonna end up visiting and I don't want my ex-boss to give me some story about having to run some random smashers trying to run a cash tournament because "Pritch did it before" or some **** like that.

kappa.squared

Smash Rookie
I'll be attending UNF starting August 22nd. So, there's another body that'll be playing! My orientation is on July 20th so I'll see if I can stay an extra day to play some Smash. ;)

It's good to see that there's an active Smash community up there as my current game of choice Guild Wars is pretty much dead (if you are a part of the PvP community you know what I mean)...

penguin hardcore

Smash Cadet
i cant make it this saturday also

plus, its raining like a mother**** right now

next saturday i work, until 5, but i could come after that most likely.

hxc bo!

Pritch

Smash Lord
There's a possibility that I may be in jacksonville for a week or 2 starting sometime this coming weekend. For the first week I'll be pretty busy helping out with a summer camp at UNF, but if I stay after that (which I'd like to) then it'll be purely to hang out and I'd definitely be down for some smash.

EDIT: I'm not going to be helping out with the camp after all, but I still will probably make an effort to come down and hang out with people in jacksonville fairly soon, as panama city is boring as **** and I want to get out of the house for a week or 2.

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
lol, sry azn, dint check the boards...woops...but since u got my number now it shouldnt be a problem. ..so whens the next date everyone would be free to smash on?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Do you guys still meet together in Jacksonville? :3

I'm about 90 minutes north of Jacksonville in Waycross, GA this summer... *nobody smashes*, so if you guys get together on the weekends or something, I could probably drive down every now and then and smash with you guys.

And if you don't have smashfests anymore, whats wrong. Why not? :3 I want to smash.

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
yea we get together sometimes on saturday at the university of north florida at 2:00pm to smash but yea you could come down here and smash just post on here if you are

Pritch

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm most likely coming to jax this week. I'm currently looking at leaving sometime wednesday, or thursday if I can't get out sooner, and staying at least through the weekend.

The reason I mention staying through the weekend is that I'm most likely gonna use the fact that I'm in jacksonville (and thus near orlando) as an excuse to hit up the gigabits that weekend. If I do, then as usual I'd be more than willing to take anyone willing to help out with gas money down with me.

Regardless of whether or not people come with me to orlando though, I'm definitely gonna want to smash. Who's available?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Depending on when I hit town thursday/whether I get out at all before friday I'd most likely be down for smashing thursday night. I'll call you if/when I leave and we can hopefully make plans.

penguin hardcore

Smash Cadet
well, i just got off work today due to the weather, so im down to smash anytime, keep us updated pritch so we can get a good crowd hopefully.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Is anyone from the Jax area going to Gigabits???

Im going to ask my Dad today if I can go (LOL late notice), and if he says yes, then I'll be driving down there. If anyone from Jax is going, (edit- Pritch?) tell me what time I would need to be where! We could carpool, and I could either drive or chip in for gas!!!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
double post bump because gigabits is important and i might be able to go

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
You'd most likely meet up at UNF if anything. So you could look up the directions to the campus. Apparently Pritch has a cell phone now, but I certainly don't know the number. Hope you make it down! ^_^

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm not leaving town till friday (my mechanic had surgery and is working with a gimp arm so things are going slower than anticipated) and I'll be driving straight to orlando then to jacksonville from there after gigs. So I'll be available if anyone needs a ride BACK from gigs, but as for a ride there I can't help anyone.

I'll also be down to smash basically anytime from sunday afternoon/evening when I hit town till whenever I end up deciding to leave.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well, my dad pulled the plug on Gigabits for me anyways because he said he didn't want me driving down there while he is out of town.

Soooo I cant drive to Gigabits because he will still be here when I would need to leave, but is anyone able to smash on Sunday in Jax?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Yeah, this sunday! How many people would be able to make it, or where would we go?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Ugh. Didn't even make gigabits - a hose that my mechanic needed to finish work on my car is in montgomery, al. So I'm not getting my car back till monday, and I may delay my trip to jacksonville till nearer to LTEC to make it easier to get to that (though I'm not entirely sure about that, I may still head over sometime next week). So for the time being just assume I'm not going to be in jax for a yet undetermined period of time.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Alright yes! But i dont have a setup to bring... do they have one there or what?

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
they have one there you just need to bring a controller

also hit me up on aim if you have it, my aim is : animeazn28

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
They have a game room on campus. Last I saw there were 4 TVs and 2 of them had cubes. I believe the copy of smash we always used was Pritch's or mine though, so you guys will want to bring the game & memory card as well.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Gameroom actually has a copy of smash now, but as none of you are students you can't check it out, so yeah, bring a game or 2. Also, their policy has changed in regards to hooking your own equipment up, so don't bring additional cubes in.

And if you do end up getting asked questions as to why a bunch of non-unf students are in there playing (unlikely, but still) please don't drop my name as I'd hate to have my ex-boss call me up and rag on me.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Pritch, who? hehehe don't worry, If they ask why Im there and Im not from UNF, I'll just say that Im "actually from Tennessee, visiting colleges in Florida."

Oh and I don't have a copy of smash or a memory card!! aznplaya92 do you have one or is anyone else coming do they have one?

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
LIVE!!!!!!!!!! ok we need to know whos goin to LTEC and how we're gonna get there...so we need to fraking practice crazy this week or jax is gonna suck...plans?

Pritch

Smash Lord
Sorry, I'm not gonna be hitting jax before LTEC like I planned (or for that matter going to LTEC at all since I'm helping my parents move). Hope you guys can get there though, gl at the tournament.

Bo's probably your best bet at getting a ride if he's in jax atm, or maybe my friend chris from unf (gahtzu and maybe azn should know him). If you guys need help getting up with either of them I can hook you up with contact info.

Top Bottom