• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab cancel

Uraniulvl

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering about this AT. I've heard pros say to crouch then grab out of jab. However if you crouch in this game it won't let u grab it will just do a jab or you will get dtilt or down smash if you hit them at same time. So what's the proper execution of this AT to do it into grab. Shielding instead then shield grab seems more effective to me. If you go into crouch animation at all which is what cancels the jab you can't hit grab or it will as mentioned earlier do something else. Can someone explain what I'm missing here

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm pretty sure you can't Jab Cancel is Smash 4.

Edit: My B, ignore what I said.

You can do Jab into Shield grab like you said, but I'm pretty sure that you can't do Jab -> Crouch -> Jab with someone like Link.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
seems only some characters can actually jab cancel in 4 effectively. Link unfortunately had his jab cancel after the 1st hit removed, so he can only do so after the second hit, and the second hit doesn't produce enough hitstun on opponents to reliably follow up with a grab every time like the first hit did.

most jab cancels it seems in this game opponents can react before you can usually grab or perform some other action, so its really just useful as a mindgame on opponents, not like in brawl where many characters had truly useful jab cancels that could lead directly into grabs, another first hit jab, or aerial, tilt, or smash attack if the character had one quick enough.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
seems only some characters can actually jab cancel in 4 effectively. Link unfortunately had his jab cancel after the 1st hit removed, so he can only do so after the second hit, and the second hit doesn't produce enough hitstun on opponents to reliably follow up with a grab every time like the first hit did.

most jab cancels it seems in this game opponents can react before you can usually grab or perform some other action, so its really just useful as a mindgame on opponents, not like in brawl where many characters had truly useful jab cancels that could lead directly into grabs, another first hit jab, or aerial, tilt, or smash attack if the character had one quick enough.
Yoshi still has Jab to USmash though, right?

Top Bottom