• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab Cancel to DownB?

Mmac

Smash Lord
I'm unable to get onto my Wii today, so I'm wondering, can you do a Single Jab, then do a Ground DownB when he is stunned?

I think it would be really useful to do if it works, as it would give Yoshi another much needed Kill Option

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
^^^ That.
Which kinda sucks, because although you can cancel it into tilts, all of Yoshi's ground KO moves come out too slowly. Although if your opponent isn't expecting it and rushes in to attack, it might work situationally.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Your forgetting grounded Down B's draw them in with the Yoshi Bomb if you do it fast enough it's possible.

But very unlikely.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If the jab lifts them from the ground where they are unable to shield, this would work most times.

The two main problems with this are: the jab that is strong enough to send them off the ground might also be too strong and push them out of range of the rising hitbox and the fact that if the jab does not lift the opponent into the air, you have to catch them off-guard on several different mental levels with this if you want the rising hitbox (and, essentially, the rest of the move) to go through...essentially equating to lack of stun.

But yeah, it can work sometimes. Play your percentages right and you'll score a KO with this every now and then.

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
i don't think the first jab stuns, only if you land BOTH jabs. correct me if i'm wrong. i can see this working on an unsuspecting opponent though, like any good grounded yoshi bomb. but i don't see it working like luigi's jab-jab-upB combo.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm thinking this'd work reasonably often, as most opponents would expect that second jab to come out, and you could catch them off guard because of that. just my two cents, whatever it's worth

Mmac

Smash Lord
While it doesn't work as expected, there's plenty of positive results I got from this.

1) It's hard to see coming, and the time you can shield it is very minimum
2) They can shield it, but might let down their guard after the riseup. (I have forgotten so many times, and ended up getting hit when testing this)
3) It's a great shield pressure if they shield the entire attack, and put it in critical just by that. Also note that I could never Perfect Shield the entire thing once, so that makes it better. I dunno whats the deal, but you just cant.
4) If they roll, they'll get hit by the stars, and unable to punish in time

Top Bottom