• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

J-Fighters: Ultimate Match (A Shonen Jump Fighting Game Concept)

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Job 8: Tsunayoshi Sawada (Hitman Reborn)

Tsuna has been a main stay since the days of Jump Ultimate Stars, and was in every crossover until Jump Force. He was one of the most wanted characters for Jump Force, and people were disappointed when he didn't get in. I'd think one of the ways he gets a powerup is by getting shot, so I want to see how he'd interact with someone like Denji or Yuji, who have died and came back before. That'd be funny.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 8:Toriko

Toriko_US.png

I don't know about this character and his anime,one thing i know is a crossover with him,Dragon Ball and One Piece and he appears in J-Stars Victory Vs.

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Alright, this time we have a few heavy hitters to choose from, but only 4 will be chosen to represent the 2000s era of Shonen Jump. Here are your choices:

1. Bobobobo (Bobobobo)
2. Light Yagami (Death Note)
3. Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
4. Allen Walker (D. Gray Man)
5. Tsuna Sawada (Hitman Reborn)
6. Toriko (Toriko)

Voting begins now, and it'll end tomorrow.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Gintoki
2. Bo-bobo
3. Tsuna
4. Toriko

Also, if you need them, here are some Shonen Jump covers:

(there's no shortage of them for most series; this is just what I could find by Googling)

Last edited:

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
All right, the votes are done. Let's see who our 2000's fighters will be!

1. Bobobobo (Bobobobo) 3
  2. Light Yagami (Death Note) 1
  3. Gintoki Sakata (Gintama) 3
  4. Allen Walker (D. Gray Man) 2
  5. Tsuna Sawada (Hitman Reborn) 3
  6. Toriko (Toriko) 1

Our 4 new fighters will be Bobobobo, Gintoki Sakata, Allen Walker, and Tsuna Sawada!
Thank you for your submissions everybody. Don't worry about your characters not getting in, you'll be able to resubmit them once we get through all the years.

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Job 9: 2010's and 2020's Fighters

We are now basically at our era, or at least the closest we've ever been. During these years, many fresh manga came into the scene that are booming in popularity today. This is where the so-called "new-gen" series came out.

I am going to be combing these eras together into one job since they are so similar. We are going to be voting in 4 characters from the 2010's and 4 characters from 2020. Keep in mind that many series in 2020 are unproven and we won't know their success in the future.

The way this job will be structure, submit 2 characters you want, 1 from each era.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Can anyone give me examples of noteworthy Shonen Jump series from 2020 to 2023? Looking up a list on Wikipedia, none of them stand out to me at all, or at least I don't recognize them by name. (Even if we count Shonen Jump+, which is digital-only rather than being in the magazine, something like Spy x Family came out in 2019, so it wouldn't be eligible for the 2020s category)

Last edited:

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone give me examples of noteworthy Shonen Jump series from 2020 to 2023? Looking up a list on Wikipedia, none of them stand out to me at all, or at least I don't recognize them by name. (Even if we count Shonen Jump+, which is digital-only rather than being in the magazine, something like Spy x Family came out in 2019, so it wouldn't be eligible for the 2020s category)
I have a few:
Sakamoto Days
Jianshi X
Undead Unluck
Fabricant 100
Magu-chan: God of Destruction
Mission: Yozakura Family

That's all I got for now, Jump Plus is something I've been thinking about. We could hold a vote on whether we should be included or not.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Admittedly, I am WAY behind on manga, so I'm going to go with the protagonist of the latest Jump manga that I've read:

Izuku "Deku" Midoriya

Series: My Hero Academia (2014)

A huge fan of superheroes, Deku was born without a quirk, the ability that grants heroes their powers. A chance encounter with All Might, Japan's number 1 hero and Deku's idol, gave All Might the opportunity to see Deku's heroic traits that even his lack of quirks wouldn't stop him from demonstrating, and he gave Deku his quirk One For All, an ability that can be transferred from person to person, getting stronger with each passing generation.

Deku is shy and kind-hearted, willing to forgive or empathize with his former bullies or his arch-rival. He is prone to trying to take on too many problems by himself, which can cause him to run himself ragged at times.

As for his powers, One For All starts out as a massive strength boost, to the point where he needs to only use small percents of it to avoid wrecking his body. As time goes on, he gains the ability to use the powers of its previous users. All Might was originally quirkless, and the other abilities were fairly minor (floating, a danger sense, etc.), but the enhancing effect of One For All causes them to be more effective by the time that Deku can use them.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman

Yuji Itadori (Jujutsu Kaisen)
The main protag of 2018's Jujutsu Kaisen who is a jujutsu sorcerer that became Sukuna's Vessel.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I nominate Denji from Chainsaw Man.
1678367517696.png

After the anime adaptation took the internet by storm at the end of last year I find it odd that Denji hasn't been nominated yet. I haven't seen all of it but I have read the manga it's based on, and it's ****ing amazing.

Denji is far from your typical Shonen Jump hero. He's a down on his luck kid who basically got all the good things in his life taken from him and now risks his life fighting devils to for the luxury of having a home and eating good meals, and possibly go on a date with the girl he likes, but all of that rarely gets him down. This is all a reflection of the series' core themes and tone, because while it can sound grim and depressing, it never feels like that when you're actually reading it.

Oh, and he can also turn into chainsaws. I think that speaks for itself.

I don't really have much to say other than read Chainsaw Man and vote Denji

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Saw that all the obvious 2010s-2020s Shonen Jump protagonists had been nominated, and decided to throw in a bit of a curveball.

Kusou Saiki
The main protagonist of The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (2012-2018), Saiki is just your average teenager... except for the fact that he has numerous powerful psychic abilities, including telepathy, teleportation, and telekinesis. The series chronicles his efforts to hide his extraordinary abilities and maintain an ordinary life.

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Job 9: Emma (Promised Neverland)

I think Emma would be a wonderful addition to the roster. With her optimistic nature contrasting with the dark enviroment her series takes place in, she would have great interactions with the cast of characters. Her manga is a non-battle battle manga, where they must strategy to outwit their opponents. She'd use the tools the characters get in the series, as well as have monsters chase after her and hit the opponent. Imagine Jill and BB Hood in MvC2

Last edited:

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Okay, Sorry for the delay everybody, I had homework to get through. Lets begin the voting now! Here are your choices:

1. Tanjiro Kamado
2. Asta
3. Deku
4. Yuji Itadori
5. Denji
6. Kusou Saiki
7. Emma

A lot of competition here, so take your time!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Tanjiro
2. Denji
3. Deku
4. Emma

(are we voting for three or four? The nomination post said 4, but I wanted to make sure)

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
So, what happens in the event that more than one character ends up tying for 4th in number of votes? I ask because in the 2000s poll, it looked like there was an uncounted vote that would've resulted in Allen and Toriko tying for 4th.

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
So, what happens in the event that more than one character ends up tying for 4th in number of votes? I ask because in the 2000s poll, it looked like there was an uncounted vote that would've resulted in Allen and Toriko tying for 4th.
Well, I’d probably make a tiebreaker poll between the two characters. Was there a vote that I didn’t see?

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
Well, I’d probably make a tiebreaker poll between the two characters. Was there a vote that I didn’t see?
I think so. I counted the votes from the poll's comments in comparison to the final tallied votes, and I have narrowed down the missing vote to belong to either Megadoomer or Northsouthmap (they both voted for the same characters - Bobobo, Gintoki, Tsuna, and Toriko).

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
I think so. I counted the votes from the poll's comments in comparison to the final tallied votes, and I have narrowed down the missing vote to belong to either Megadoomer or Northsouthmap (they both voted for the same characters - Bobobo, Gintoki, Tsuna, and Toriko).
Ah shoot, my bad. I'll recount the votes and see if the results are different

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Yep you were right, I messed up with the voting. heres the revised results:
1. Bobobobo (Bobobobo) 5
2. Light Yagami (Death Note) 1
3. Gintoki Sakata (Gintama) 5
4. Allen Walker (D. Gray Man) 2
5. Tsuna Sawada (Hitman Reborn) 5
6. Toriko (Toriko) 2

The results are similar, with Gintoki, Bobobobo, and Tsuna in, but there is a tie between Toriko and Allen Walker. I'll be holding a poll to decide between these two.

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
The Voting has ended for the 2010s/2020s Fighters. Here are the results!

1. Tanjiro Kamado: 5
  2. Asta: 1
  3. Deku: 6
  4. Yuji Itadori: 4
  5. Denji: 5
  6. Kusou Saiki: 1
  7. Emma: 2

Our 4 new fighters are Deku, Tanjiro Kamado, Denji, and Yuji Itadori! Thanks for the submission guys!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
To be honest, this might be late and I apologize if I sound mean, but I think in hindsight it made very little sense to give the decade that just began its own category but lump the 80s with the 90s since they both have multiple iconic characters

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, this might be late and I apologize if I sound mean, but I think in hindsight it made very little sense to give the decade that just began its own category but lump the 80s with the 90s since they both have multiple iconic characters
Yeah, thinking about it now I may have messed up with the ordering of the eras. I don't think I can redo the jobs now though, so we could maybe have an extra job for the 80s and 90s seperately

GamingFan1997

Smash Journeyman
I checked the forum rules (including the SmashBoards Creates sub-forum rules), and it doesn't look like there's any rule against redoing the jobs. Of course, it could possibly necessitate the editing of a decent amount of forum posts to fit the new job order, and it still doesn't change the fact that the 80s/90s character poll has come and gone, so I understand if you don't want to go that route.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I figure that we're less than halfway through the roster, so there will be plenty of opportunities to add characters from the 80s or 90s that we might have missed later. (Plus, there's also stages, bosses, etc. that we can cover) Though I realize that some series are bound to get more than one character, which will fill up the roster pretty quickly - somehow, I doubt Goku's going to be our only Dragon Ball character, for example.

Top Bottom