• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
tanks, trying to optimize it some more so i can do more with it. want to add glowing lights inside of it like the sm4sh paralyzer. would have used the sm4sh paralyzer but it requires a lot of optimizing. brawl gun is 700 poly and the sm4sh one is 2-4k I believe. other m is 2k and sm4sh is based on that but higher so 2-4k is about right. the one I have now is other m with brawl insides, it's at or a bit lower than 1k cuz optimization.

i also have a quick import to do in between the other m characters. since HW young link is gonna take awhile to get done, the next best thing i can do for people that wanted him is HW toon link

the good news is that's he's basically done. had the model work done for awhile now, showing him of now cuz i'm almost done with the zss pack. to go with him i'll be continuing the WW Hyrule Castle revamp i showed off some time ago. as you can see it's been updated a bit since the last preview pics.

it now has:

- Vertex colors
- WWHD textures
- Alternate version with broken statue
- Over Skyworld due to FD filesize limitation

things to do:

- remake the main platform with vertex colors
- materials
- lighting

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
tanks, trying to optimize it some more so i can do more with it. want to add glowing lights inside of it like the sm4sh paralyzer. would have used the sm4sh paralyzer but it requires a lot of optimizing. brawl gun is 700 poly and the sm4sh one is 2-4k I believe. other m is 2k and sm4sh is based on that but higher so 2-4k is about right. the one I have now is other m with brawl insides, it's at or a bit lower than 1k cuz optimization.

i also have a quick import to do in between the other m characters. since HW young link is gonna take awhile to get done, the next best thing i can do for people that wanted him is HW toon link

the good news is that's he's basically done. had the model work done for awhile now, showing him of now cuz i'm almost done with the zss pack. to go with him i'll be continuing the WW Hyrule Castle revamp i showed off some time ago. as you can see it's been updated a bit since the last preview pics.

it now has:

- Vertex colors
- WWHD textures

things to do:

- materials
- lighting
OMG!! Can you PLEASE make a version with the first's sword and the 2nd's shield or the 3rd's sword and the 2nd's shield? Phantom Hourglass is my favorite iteration of Toon Link and I've been begging for someone to model these! I wish I could stick a little Phantom Hourglass on his belt too haha.

Great work!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
OMG!! Can you PLEASE make a version with the first's sword and the 2nd's shield or the 3rd's sword and the 2nd's shield? Phantom Hourglass is my favorite iteration of Toon Link and I've been begging for someone to model these! I wish I could stick a little Phantom Hourglass on his belt too haha.

Great work!
thanks and unfortunately, no.

my dropbox accounts generates too much traffic, so I have to keep making new ones. I am limited on space with each new one I make. with wut I've shown I already have 3 different versions. each will have 8 recolors (based on sm4sh). that's 48 files, 24(pac) and 24(pcs). so I won't include any other combination than wut I have already shown.

however, there will be an extra mdl0 file in the download. it will have all swords, sheaths, and shields on it. you will be free to mix and match wut ever combination of stuff you want. that's the best that I can do

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman

it now has:

- Vertex colors
- WWHD textures

things to do:

- materials
- lighting
oh man I've been waiting for your revamped version of this stage. I've been using the beta that you put on this thread or another a while ago and i'm really happy with it, but this is much better than that one.

Obskore

Smash Ace

it now has:

- Vertex colors
- WWHD textures

things to do:

- materials
- lighting

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
:3
oh man I've been waiting for your revamped version of this stage. I've been using the beta that you put on this thread or another a while ago and i'm really happy with it, but this is much better than that one.
tanks and yeah, I didn't know that vertex colors could make a stage look way gudder. without them the stage was so berry, berry, phlat. I may post another beta after I redo the main platform. I never did stage lighting or stage materials before, so it could take me awhile to get them to look decent.

also, I've been playing the new dlc for the past 3 days so I have no progress. I just stopped to post and continue working on stuff. so the only thing I can post now is comparison pics of the stage

old
new

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
:3
tanks and yeah, I didn't know that vertex colors could make a stage look way gudder. without them the stage was so berry, berry, phlat. I may post another beta after I redo the main platform. I never did stage lighting or stage materials before, so it could take me awhile to get them to look decent.

also, I've been playing the new dlc for the past 3 days so I have no progress. I just stopped to post and continue working on stuff. so the only thing I can post now is comparison pics of the stage

old
new
Definitely the change in lighting made it tons bettter, and everything seems to be closer together?

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Wooooaaaah! Much better! I also would personally love to see a version with some platforms if you're up for it. If not I'm sure I'll just add my own though.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
It looks very damn good. Will you be adding extra platforms?
Wooooaaaah! Much better! I also would personally love to see a version with some platforms if you're up for it. If not I'm sure I'll just add my own though.
yeah, I already made some but I have to remake them cuz they don't have vertex colors

Definitely the change in lighting made it tons bettter, and everything seems to be closer together?
yeah, it's because it's pretty much a new import. I ripped the first one myself from GC wind waker. this one was given to me by DSX8 cuz it had vertex colors (think it's the WWHD models). So there is a size difference. there were edits to my version that aren't on this version that's keeping me from using the same size and animation from mines. that's why I have to redo instead of using the old as reference

also britipinojeff britipinojeff did you like the stuff being farther away/bigger, or does this one look ok? I did closer cuz the older version felt a bit to big. but if you prefer farther away I can do that. current size isn't 100% done, I was just testing it in game.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I already made some but I have to remake them cuz they don't have vertex colors

yeah, it's because it's pretty much a new import. I ripped the first one myself from GC wind waker. this one was given to me by DSX8 cuz it had vertex colors (think it's the WWHD models). So there is a size difference. there were edits to my version that aren't on this version that's keeping me from using the same size and animation from mines. that's why I have to redo instead of using the old as reference

also britipinojeff britipinojeff did you like the stuff being farther away/bigger, or does this one look ok? I did closer cuz the older version felt a bit to big. but if you prefer farther away I can do that. current size isn't 100% done, I was just testing it in game.
I think that it being closer is a lot better. it makes the background... um... sorry i can't really think of the word. Have more presence? Basically I just kinda mean that it makes the background look better because it is closer, especially the Link statue being closer too.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
I think that it being closer is a lot better. it makes the background... um... sorry i can't really think of the word. Have more presence? Basically I just kinda mean that it makes the background look better because it is closer, especially the Link statue being closer too.
i think the word you looked for is "emphasized" or "focused", the new colors and textures also help for a better appreciation

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Have you considered importing the Classic Link costume added to Hyrule Warriors in update 1.7.0? I just found out it existed, and haven't seen it mentioned in this thread. I know you're not looking for more to do, but I'd certainly love to see it.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
plz check OP
I checked the OP, and re-read the entire thread, before posting. I know you're working on a Link Pack 2, and have "a few costumes left". However, you only listed the costumes left before the Classic Tunic was released, and it's never been mentioned. So it seems reasonable to ask about? (Unless I missed something?)

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
of course it hasn't been mentioned, I haven't gotten back to the link pack to mention it.

just because it's new and I haven't mentioned it, that doesn't mean i'm not doing it. I said that I would be doing all of links costumes, and it is an official link costume.

that being said, the design for it will be different. I will be adding sleeves to his vest, without sleeves there will be odd twisting of the arms/shoulders.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
sowwy bout ded thread, haven't done anything so there wasn't any reason for me to post. Reason being I kinda just got splatoon, so all my free time went towards dat

Anyway, could/would anyone like to test young samus/zero suit samus on a Wii? I know she works in/on dolphin but i'm not sure about a Wii, they have high dimension textures. need to know if these dimension will also work on a Wii, as well as lag testing. if anyone would like to, i'll pm them a copy of both for testing (probably won't give to everyone that ask, just the first few).

from where I left off I have them pretty much completed. just need to make working in-game versions and render the default zss and young samus costume for the DL card. I did all I could for the rig, don't really have the motivation to try and make it as nice as I want to. That and rigging isn't really my favorite thing. that being sed I probably won't touch it up unless someone finds something horrific.

it's an old pic but this is wut they look like.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Would love to test it, but I have exams this month:(. But my Wii is in perfect condition, so anytime you want to test anything, I'll be ready.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
aight, tanks guyz. gonna fix me sumthin to eat n win I git back i'll make ingame versions, compile, n pm u guyz. so in bout an hour or two, pends on if I see sumthin while testing. :3

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I just sent other m zss and young samus for testing. I may focus on render and pose today and spend the rest of the week studying for a test I have mid-next week. Depending on the feedback I get, I may release her after I get home and compile the rar (on test day).

After the release I'll focus on HW toon link (temporary young link place holder) and WW Hyrule Castle. Then i'll complete the HW HD OoT Link model (leaving rigging and setting up in-game for another time) before continuing HW Zelda/Sheik.

may post back with render as last new thing for this week

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Can you send me a download link for what you have made for the Hyrule Warriors Young Link? I can make the recolors and all of the CSPs, BPs, and the CSS icon for you. I can also post it up on the vault for you.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
First, welcome to meh thread :3

Second, no. If wut I had was up-loadable then I would have uploaded a beta and fixed him up in an update. But that's not the case. he needs texture work, needs some UV edits, some model work, tweaks to the fitmotion file, and then to be setup for in game.

the things u mentioned can't even be done yet, cept for maybe the recolors for the tunic

Last edited:

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for letting me know about the progress of Young Link. Can you still send me a download link after completion so I can do the recolors and CSPs?

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
I scanned through the entire thread, and all of the previews of Young Link look amazing. You don't need to change what the textures look like, but only the physical model. By the way, awesome Hyrule Warriors Link pack!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
thanks

As for texture change, i have to edit the face. it can't have anything there (just the skin color). eyes and mouth will be on separate textures to go over the planes on his face (expressions are vbrawl toon link's)

also, thanks to ??Sanic Hedgehog?? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? I know dat both zss and young samus work in game and have no glitches. only thing is slight lag in 4p matches. So, i'll probably release them the day of the test and update them with lagless versions another time.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
sowwy, u double posted and for some reason I forgot to reply to the recolor/CSP question. Yeah, After I finish i'll let u know and link you to it so you can make them. he'll already have some recolors, but if u still want to make your own u can.

for the recolors i'll probably use the none texturing method (shader edits), i'll probably provide a quickie PSDs for people to make physical ones for CSPs and stuff.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
gonna work on other m zss and young samus releasing later today. was gonna work on them now and play Splatoon later but there is a maintenance planned for later today. so i'll play now samus later

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Just figured out something that might help you, how to resize a character without messing with the animations! Simply open up the FitCharacter.pac in PSA, go to attributes, scroll down to 0x0B4, and change the value to the size of the model you want. For Young Link, change the 1 to a smaller number.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Okay, so I got time to work on a mod. What should I do?

I can work on the other m samus pack (there will be no more interruptions in-between hyrule warrior characters) or I can work on hyrule warriors and randomly stop to work on samus (could be before I get to the hyrule warrior character u want)?

up to u guys, will splatoon for an hour / hour and a half before checking back.

I asked here and kcmm. if you want, tell me on both, higher chance for u to get what u want

Last edited:
Top Bottom