• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivysaur's best move. (cheapest too lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
that's one bad ass gif. But the Bair is a better contender for best move =P

Alteffor

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the gif is cool but the move really isn't cheap and it's not even close to being her best move.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
But maybe charging her neutral b is. I saw a vid where an Ivy was successfully edgeguarding using the startup charging animation for neutral-b. I recommend looking it up.

TreK

Is "that guy"
In terms of edgeguarding, it's been looked into already. Unless the opponent is forced not to sweetspot, it's meh.

The rest of its uses is still pretty obscure though. It can be used to make people miss a tech by making them float for a bit in example. Yeah, pretty gimmicky, but it's there.

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
Yea synthesis is more of a nice easter egg. My predictions on Ivy's best move after the coming nerf to Bair will be....Fair!

It's just going down the tier, where back in 2.5 I felt Ivy's best moves went like this:

Razor leaf => Bair => Fair

Sea Buoy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-5278-5305
What Teneban was describing is called "windboxing" and yeah, it's pretty gross. Especially on Lucas and Ness because one look push can miscalibrate their entire recovery, making them go flying in the wrong direction. I really don't see any applications for Razor Leaf anymore other than poking.

B-air is substantially better than F-air if spaced correctly. You get the benefit of the range, better knockback, next to no punish if you space it correctly. F-air has good range and racks up damage pretty easily for comboes. One of the basest and my most favorite combos is just a F-air, double-jump, N-air.

I'd also like to bring up the D-tilt. This move is particularly good for setups and essentially tripping your opponent at low percentages and knocking them up at higher ones. It reaches further than her jab, just not as high. D-tilt to N-air/Up-tilt juggle is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom