• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've Realized Why Some Of You Hate Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Okay, first off I'm going to make myself clear. I'm not pointing this thread at all of you. I'm pointing it at the people who are saying Melee and Smash 64 are better than Brawl in General and the people who just say it's a horrible game. I made this thread because all these threads popping up about this is annoying.

The reason you all hate Brawl is because, it is slightly different. And you can't adapt to the slight difference. That doesn't mean Brawl sucks. It means you suck. Gamers who don't suck can adapt to a slight difference in games such as this. Also, none of you can realize that brawl isn't titled Melee 2. It's Brawl, and thats all it's ever going to be. And you shouldn't even be comparing the two. Because there different games. Brawl was designed to be a better game, and they exceeded my expectations. If you all like Melee so much better, go melee your little hearts out.

As for all your beloved Advanced Techniques, people will find some. You're just gonna have to wait or help find some. And my main point: Brawl doesn't suck. You suck. ~hectichobo

P.S. I'm talking about in general, not competitively.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
While I agree with you:

First of all, this thread isn't going to change anything at all. Which leads me to point 2.
There have been so many threads about this already, of people voicing their opinion, it's sickening.

Sorry, but this is flamebait. Enjoy your next Melee vs Brawl fight!

EDIT: See? Wait for it...

Matsuyama

Smash Cadet
I've never seen so much fail in a thread at once.

N64 and Melee were different, so why do we like them? HMM ??

We don't hate Brawl because we suck at it... We hate Brawl because it doesn't have the depth that Melee and 64 had. The game is NOT more balanced, and it's just NOT as fun as Melee or 64, period. You're entitled to like whatever gay fighting game you'd like, but don't tell us that we hate Brawl because of a "slight" difference, because you completely failed.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
The game is NOT more balanced, and it's just NOT as fun as Melee or 64, period.
I lol'd. Okay, let's see.
Smash 64: Play through the game. Get everyone. Thats fun a lot funner.
Melee: Same as above + put coins in little thing to get trophies. Thats a lot funner too.
Brawl: Same as above + Cd's + Stage Builder + Stickers + Boss Battles + Subspace Emissary + ext. naa... that isn't fun at all.

Melee was definitely not as balanced as brawl. Fox would eat people.
64 is about equal to brawl balance wise. Only do the the lack of characters.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Snake and MK eat alot of people as well.
In fact they eat nearly the entire cast.

At least in melee if a character was a t a disadvantage, it wasn't a hard disadvantage.

Snake and MK have disadvantages but those are so soft in comparison to others it makes little dfference.

Pi

Smash Hero
Melee: Same as above + put coins in little thing to get trophies. Thats a lot funner too.
Brawl: Same as above + Cd's + Stage Builder + Stickers + Boss Battles + Subspace Emissary + ext. naa... that isn't fun at all.

The single player mode isn't what makes games fun idiot, because once you complete them then what do you have? Especially in brawl, get all the chars, all the songs, trophies, stickers, 100% sub space. Then what? You have a ****ty fighting game with unbalanced characters that encourages turtling and camping to the utmost.

The game is still young and yet already we're seeing definite weaknesses in characters and definite advantages in characters. We're seeing characters that just won't be tourney viable, and characters that have a much greater chance of winning than others.

If you enjoy playing brawl, no one's telling you to do otherwise, don't listen to the reasons we provide, just enjoy it. It has no staying power, the competitive scene (the scene that kept melee alive for as long as it did) will be much much less in brawl than in melee. It's not that we can't adapt, it's that we don't want to play the style that is necessary to be good at brawl because it's not fun.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
We should really wait seven more years until we say Melee is more deep then Brawl.

I'm sure a lot of people thought Melee was very very deep the first three months it came out. Everything about Melee was found out...I don't know...the first few weeks. L-canceling, the other ATs...the things that made Melee deep was found out in three months and this is why we should judge if Brawl is deep or not the first three months it was released.

Matsuyama

Smash Cadet

Oh, wow, you got me, holy crap. Stage Builder, Boss Battles, STICKERS. Don't forget stickers guys.

Wait.. you're talking about those things that you use to unlock the characters and never touch again? Oh yeah, that's a lot "funner", whatever that means. Who plays the game to unlock stickers or beat Boss Battles and is done with it? The game is MEANT to be a fighting game, not "o guyz lets colect stickerz lol".

Fox would eat people? God, you're terrible. Sure there were tiers but the way the tier list is shaping up for Brawl, well, LOL (Snake anyone?) Hell, even Cort said he's trying to get everyone on the East to main Snake. Let's not forget he also has the most AT out of everyone on the roster.

Go back to collecting stickers, you know nothing.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I've never seen so much fail in a thread at once.

N64 and Melee were different, so why do we like them? HMM ??

We don't hate Brawl because we suck at it... We hate Brawl because it doesn't have the depth that Melee and 64 had. The game is NOT more balanced, and it's just NOT as fun as Melee or 64, period. You're entitled to like whatever gay fighting game you'd like, but don't tell us that we hate Brawl because of a "slight" difference, because you completely failed.
64 had more depth than Brawl? o.o;;

I said I'd stay away from this topic, but that's just ridiculous.

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
While I agree with you:

First of all, this thread isn't going to change anything at all. Which leads me to point 2.
There have been so many threads about this already, of people voicing their opinion, it's sickening.

Sorry, but this is flamebait. Enjoy your next Melee vs Brawl fight!

EDIT: See? Wait for it...
OFT

i like melee better, but i play both, they are both fun to me.

Matsuyama

Smash Cadet
64 had more depth than Brawl? o.o;;

I said I'd stay away from this topic, but that's just ridiculous.
Are you kidding me? Honestly?

L-Canceling, Yoshi Parrying, Yoshi double jump cancels, Ness double jump cancels, Link boomerang glitches, jump shine cancel, etc. The list continues. You obviously have never played the game.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Are you kidding me? Honestly?

L-Canceling, Yoshi Parrying, Yoshi double jump cancels, Ness double jump cancels, Link boomerang glitches, jump shine cancel, etc. The list continues. You obviously have never played the game.
I just got done playing it two hours ago. o.o;

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Oh, wow, you got me, holy crap. Stage Builder, Boss Battles, STICKERS. Don't forget stickers guys.

Wait.. you're talking about those things that you use to unlock the characters and never touch again? Oh yeah, that's a lot "funner", whatever that means. Who plays the game to unlock stickers or beat Boss Battles and is done with it? The game is MEANT to be a fighting game, not "o guyz lets colect stickerz lol".

Fox would eat people? God, you're terrible. Sure there were tiers but the way the tier list is shaping up for Brawl, well, LOL (Snake anyone?) Hell, even Cort said he's trying to get everyone on the East to main Snake. Let's not forget he also has the most AT out of everyone on the roster.

Go back to collecting stickers, you know nothing.
1. What I meant is that the game has much more things to do then then the other one. You can play with practically everything. You can take pictures and save replays. You can build stages and collect stuff. You can play older games to see where the characters originated from. And obviously, you can FIGHT!

2. Snake isn't really as good as everyone ses he is. I've never lost to a Snake player online.

3. The game is MEANT to be a fighting game. And it IS a fighting game.

4. I mean those things you use to unlock characters and never touch again? Idk about you but I havn't unlcoked charcters with stage builder, trophies, or stickers.

5. You must be pretty dumb if you think 64 has more depth than brawl.

6. TO THE STICKER FACTORY AND BEYOND!

Amarkov

Smash Apprentice
We should really wait seven more years until we say Melee is more deep then Brawl.

I'm sure a lot of people thought Melee was very very deep the first three months it came out. Everything about Melee was found out...I don't know...the first few weeks. L-canceling, the other ATs...the things that made Melee deep was found out in three months and this is why we should judge if Brawl is deep or not the first three months it was released.
You're confusing deepness with "QOMG ADVANCED TECHNIQUES!". Advanced techniques themselves did not make Melee deep. If you introduced wavedashing or L-cancelling into, say, Sonic Adventure 2, that would not suddenly turn its multiplayer into a good competitive game.

What made Melee deep was the way these things fit into the game. Wavedashing? Now you have less time to react to my approach (among other things, of course). L-cancelling? Now you have a harder time punishing me for post-aerial lag. Brawl may well have things like this, but we have no way to know yet. Wavedashing may have been discovered fairly early, but it took a while before it became actually game-changing.

Matsuyama

Smash Cadet
I just got done playing it two hours ago. o.o;
Cool.

1. What I meant is that the game has much more things to do then then the other one. You can play with practically everything. You can take pictures and save replays. You can build stages and collect stuff. You can play older games to see where the characters originated from. And obviously, you can FIGHT!

2. Snake isn't really as good as everyone ses he is. I've never lost to a Snake player online.
Ho shit watch out, he never lost to Snake. Snake must suck. Next Isai.

3. The game is MEANT to be a fighting game. And it IS a fighting game.
You just said it's meant to be a fighting game... which contradicts your point 1. Why would I need to take snapshots or build my own crappy stage to fight on?

5. You must be pretty dumb if you think 64 has more depth than brawl.
See previous post and sit down.

Your argument's weak, your thread sucks, and I'm done ruining it. Have fun.

stickers

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Uhm, Brawl *at the moment* is less Balanced or of equal balaence to Melee. For example In Melee characters lower down on the teir structure could be feasable counterpicks to those higher up, whereas in Brawl characters lower down literally have nothing on higher tiers.

But i don't want to argue about that, there's a thread on the Brawl Tactical Discussion from that. (Which I hope you've read.)

The reason I prefer Melee? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6viaa76cAo

Watch the video, you'll see. Oh Snap factor has been lost, and thats what kept Melee young for me.

Hoff

Smash Cadet
lolz This thread is dreadful. I don't need to say more, but people like the OP piss me off with their complete ignorance to basically every aspect of the discussion.

Noone cares about 1-player, stage builder, stykorz, event matches, etc... The staying power of a fighting game is in it's competitive depth (in Brawl's case a seemingly lack of). And that's the only thing anyone on these boards cares about.

If you want to argue why Brawl is more enjoyable from an add-ons perspective (sure, it is, I guess, but noone cares), go to the stage and 1-player boards.

Farmer_Jon

Smash Cadet
I have to agree that I enjoy brawl better than 64, though i still play 64 at partys all the time. Its just sort of a simple battle, but brawl options improve those battles. Come to think of it, I dont think anything I just said makes sense. Anyways, I have not played melee, I missed out on game cube

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Cool.

Ho shit watch out, he never lost to Snake. Snake must suck. Next Isai.

You just said it's meant to be a fighting game... which contradicts your point 1. Why would I need to take snapshots or build my own crappy stage to fight on?

See previous post and sit down.

Your argument's weak, your thread sucks, and I'm done ruining it. Have fun.

stickers
1. advanced techniques aren't deepness
2. only reason you think stage builder is crappy is because you make crappy stages 0.0
3. i didn't say snake sucks. i meant that doesn't mean he is as godly as you say he is when a noob who plays as Kirby can kick his but.

Deadandlivin

Smash Apprentice

HAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA. . . HAHAHAHHAhAhahAHHAhah

You sir have no clue, go play some brawl and forget the existance of melee since you clearly are one of those single player gamers.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Oh yeah one other thing that makes it a better game... *cough*ONLINE*cough*

Prepares to be flamed about how horrible online is, sits back, ands relaxes.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
You're all just bitter that Brawl isn't Melee 2.

Brawl, as a game, surpasses Melee and Smash 64 in almost every way. And yes, single player counts. Just because all you wanted of Brawl was to do 4 stock no item 1v1s on FD and wavedash across the stage doesn't mean that everything else is only for noobs and unlocking characters.

I'm not denying that Brawl is less technical than Melee. It's just a better game.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
I REALLY hate posts like bivunit94's post... They just make you out to be an utter fool and show you have no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to the reason some people like Melee better. Most of us barely care that WDing has been taken out, it's the reduction of options most of us dislike, the lack of hitstun and the overwhelming strength of defense.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*Sigh*

Melee vs. Brawl threads never serve any purpose and just go nowhere way too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom