• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've...made a serious mistake..

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Today, I did something terrible. I...I played Melee.

Going back to Brawl is going to be very painful. Mario's so nimble in melee XD

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
uh playing melee will never be a mistake/terrible. If anything you made the right decision
Melee >>>>>>>>> Brawl, don't get me wrong. Therein lies the problem, actually.

Who seriously wants to play Brawl Mario again after Melee Mario. Comboing was simply too good.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I can switch between 64, Melee, and Brawl Mario no problem.

Honestly, I don't think Mario's Melee to Brawl transition was that bad. He was just slowed down and his Tornado got moved to his dair.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I can easily go back and forth, only thing that messes up for my is Melee, use dair more and L CANCELING(good lord, my timing is so horrible now), and for Brawl, I keep attempting to wave dash ><

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
For the better or the worse?

I played Melee only once and I usually miss-timed my jumps. I jump off of Final Destination and I don't come back:dizzy:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
For the better or the worse?

I played Melee only once and I usually miss-timed my jumps. I jump off of Final Destination and I don't come back:dizzy:
Basically...I just reminded myself how much more I like melee than Brawl...and it makes me sad that I came into the competitive scene so late.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
IDK, though I sucked in Brawl for a week after playing Melee just for a day. And ya, when I played Melee I tried to meteor smash someone and forgot how fast you fall down then died.
MEEE TOOOO!lmao the gravity
but I can switch back and forth easilly(besides the gravity but usssualy after the first SD I realize)
melee was a blast,a gift from god,but I've come to love brawl more(after playing melee I try to L-cancel in brawl XD):laugh::laugh::laugh:
I just play melee after my friends have their fill of brawl for the day,but ussually that never happens

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
I can only switch back between N64 and Brawl (no melee). I don't know if it's just me but when i started playing melee again i was so off on everything except wave dashing. I really don't like how there is such a difference from playing melee and playing brawl.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
I can only switch back between N64 and Brawl (no melee). I don't know if it's just me but when i started playing melee again i was so off on everything except wave dashing. I really don't like how there is such a difference from playing melee and playing brawl.
Second that, Luigi Melee is hard to use after Brawl Luigi, but i do fine with Smash 64 Luigi.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
100% agreed here. Tried switching back to Melee, I sucked completely. Couldn't even beat a level 9 Fox cause I had to keep thinking about ATs.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
So Mario was better in Melee?

PKNintendo-1
The world-0.

Melee Mario is smexy. And im not saying that simply because they changed his down b. His down b was garbage in Melee.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Definitely not what I was saying XD

He's much more solid a character in Brawl because he doesn't have any glaring disadvantages like he did in Melee (recovery sucked and KO power was terrible). He was just infinitely more fun in melee because of WDing, Lcanceling, SHABAWD, true combos, and looked cooler imo.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Definitely not what I was saying XD

He's much more solid a character in Brawl because he doesn't have any glaring disadvantages like he did in Melee (recovery sucked and KO power was terrible). He was just infinitely more fun in melee because of WDing, Lcanceling, SHABAWD, true combos, and looked cooler imo.
and sounded so much cooler imo XD

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I do agree that Brawl Mario has a lot more advantages than Melee Mario.

But Melee Mario was just more awesome.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Something I can never do consistently in Melee.. short hop back air wave dash/land.

Something I can do almost consistently in Brawl, short hop double back air ><

Melee Mario is funner in my opinion, but it's all thanks to the Melee physics.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
World-1
Me-0

Anyway, Melee Mario is my favorite Mario. Too fast, and sweet combo abilities. I liked his cool tan, it made him like scarface. (kidding)

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Personaly. I like brawl mario better do to his advantages. i also like his new design better.

But Melee Mario's combos were a lot fun. I also think Martinet did better with the voice acting back then.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It's the Melee physics that made Mario so epic tho. He had real combos into KO moves, decent edgeguarding, and was very fast (one of the best wavedashes).

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Also because of melee's physics, Mario couldn't go to far off the stage to land a Fair... or else he'll die.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Still liked Fair better there tho cuz of Lcancelling. short hopping a Fair was encouraged XD

xzerolegend

Smash Cadet
omg. i had played brawl non stop when it first came out. i decided to play melee one day and when i started a match...it was like i went blind. couldnt comprehend what i was seeing. after a few minutes i got used to it though. but even then the characters looked ugly to me. i could no longer play it either. couldnt wave dash anymore. after that i couldnt play brawl to well either for about a week

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
I simply like brawl mario more cuz of
better design
better moveset(in my opinion)
aaaand

I simply could not take advantage of melee mario like you guys could,I MEAN HOLY **** BOSS!there are no words for how sick that video was omg it had pwnage all over it,I can't play melee mario like that,hell I could barely wavedash
still melee mario is very close,just being able to SHFFL made melee mario really fun for me,esspecially his fair,I miss being able to use it for something other than meteoring

Top Bottom