• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've Hit "The Wall."

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
how long have you been playing online bumble? i was playing console only with my friends for about two years before i started playing online and the progress i have made online has been about 10x faster than when i played console with my casual friends. so it might be discouraging to know the 10 years you have spent playing amounts to little compared to some guys online, but don't get too discouraged because you can improve much faster by playing online and learning match ups that you aren't familiar with

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I started playing ssb64 when it came out in 1999.

When people ask me how long I've been playing I tell them 2005, which is when I started online.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
for some reason fthrow --> to usmash doesn't get counted as a combo in training mode, however sangoku has confirmed thru tas that it is in fact a combo, and the rest of the hits are fairly easy to combo. i might try to make a video of it.

edit: ok here it is. like i said the fthrow to usmash doesn't register as a combo on training mode but it actually is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG8Vcgt79Ec&feature=youtu.be

oh and nyouuber u don't use di at all? i will try to show u next time we play. that is super important

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah I think kirby escapes hitstun but doesn't have time to do anything about it

so doesn't combo in tm but still works

yeah that was a sick combo marbles

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
how long have you been playing online bumble? i was playing console only with my friends for about two years before i started playing online and the progress i have made online has been about 10x faster than when i played console with my casual friends. so it might be discouraging to know the 10 years you have spent playing amounts to little compared to some guys online, but don't get too discouraged because you can improve much faster by playing online and learning match ups that you aren't familiar with

I've only been on the online scene collectively for maybe a little over a year. the rest was casual. I've been to like 2 tourneys, and i learned bout the next level of play back in 2008 when i started looking for competitive play. My game has increased dramatically, I think my main problem is getting rid of old habits from those years before competition, and to stop being so predictable...for starters, lol.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
I've only been on the online scene collectively for maybe a little over a year. the rest was casual. I've been to like 2 tourneys, and i learned bout the next level of play back in 2008 when i started looking for competitive play. My game has increased dramatically, I think my main problem is getting rid of old habits from those years before competition, and to stop being so predictable...for starters, lol.
yeah i have some bad habits myself that can be hard to break. but that's one thing that playing players that are much better than you can be helpful for. they will punish your bad habits EVERY TIME and slowly condition you to not do them anymore. whereas if u play not so good players those not so good habits will come back because they probably work great in a lower level of play

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
yeah i have some bad habits myself that can be hard to break. but that's one thing that playing players that are much better than you can be helpful for. they will punish your bad habits EVERY TIME and slowly condition you to not do them anymore. whereas if u play not so good players those not so good habits will come back because they probably work great in a lower level of play
Very true, the key being staying with your play style while being patient and unpredictable

Top Bottom