• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RikyuXz

Smash Cadet
I agree with zen.. i could say that brawl is being relased tomorrow and then that could be a rumor... point being, rumors fail.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0201955/

From trivia section:

Pit, a new character in the new game "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" for the "Nintendo Wii", was originally supposed to be an unlockable character in "Super Smash Bros.[original]", but due to the sudden yet enormous popularity of Pokemon, he was replaced by Jigglypuff.
I also heard somewhere that Pit wasn't popular enough in America, either.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
So, someone says "yep, he would have been in SSB64", and someone else says "no, he wasn't. That's an untrue rumor". So, we're back at square one. Usually most characters that were supposed to be in a Smash game but aren't are usually the 1st ones to be in the sequel. Let's see...

Peach and Bowser were supposed to be in 64, but were left out, so they appeared in Melee.
Snake could have been in Melee if they had enough time, so instead he appeared in Brawl.
Lucas would have been from the very start, but Mother 3 kept getting delayed, so he was put in Brawl. This one is the only exception to the "being put in the next game" since he would have been in 64, but got shafted to Brawl.

So, if Pit was going to be in 64 but couldn't be added, why wait until Brawl? Why not fit him in Melee? At least Lucas has a reason for being late for the party. Until proven otherwise, I'm with silver777.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
If all it takes is a silly picture of Mr.Saturn to be right, then I think I win.

The truth is, no 1 really knows it truthfully since it never happened, but in an interview Sakurai did say that Sigurd was his favorite FE char and FE 4 was his favorite FE game.

Learn your facts straight before posting junk on the forums silver777.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
If all it takes is a silly picture of Mr.Saturn to be right, then I think I win.

The truth is, no 1 really knows it truthfully since it never happened, but in an interview Sakurai did say that Sigurd was his favorite FE char and FE 4 was his favorite FE game.

Learn your facts straight before posting junk on the forums silver777.
OK, I would like to see this interview Before I "learn my facts straight", even though i didn't post anything other than "I won't believe this without a proof":ohwell:

P.S. I was joking when i posted the Mr.Saturn sketch...hey, I liked yours!!

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
So, someone says "yep, he would have been in SSB64", and someone else says "no, he wasn't. That's an untrue rumor". So, we're back at square one. Usually most characters that were supposed to be in a Smash game but aren't are usually the 1st ones to be in the sequel. Let's see...

Peach and Bowser were supposed to be in 64, but were left out, so they appeared in Melee.
Snake could have been in Melee if they had enough time, so instead he appeared in Brawl.
Lucas would have been from the very start, but Mother 3 kept getting delayed, so he was put in Brawl. This one is the only exception to the "being put in the next game" since he would have been in 64, but got shafted to Brawl.

So, if Pit was going to be in 64 but couldn't be added, why wait until Brawl? Why not fit him in Melee? At least Lucas has a reason for being late for the party. Until proven otherwise, I'm with silver777.
And lets not forget Dedede. He was supposed to be in 64 but was punted to Brawl instead.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I have....

hopes that makes you feel better (even though it probably wont...)...

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
ZOMG DARTH VADER AND ELTON JOHN WERE CONFIRMED FOR SSB64!!11!!!!

Seriously people, it hardly matters if pit was planned for 64 version or not. He's in brawl. That's all that matters.

Now someone close this thread.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yes because obviously Falcolegend's word = law...please close this thread....

(if you cant smell sarcasm when its around I suggest learning how to or you could not and continue with your life...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom