• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've had a headache for seven days straight.

Chipperbane

Smash Rookie
The title says it all. And ibuprofen does not help! Woe is me!

Any cures you have? Excluding mixing egg whites and vodka and stirring them int oa weird concotion...?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That sounds bad actually. I would see a doctor immediately. Could be migraines, could be sinuses, or could be something much, much worse.

Smash legacy

Smash Apprentice
You should really see a docter, for me Ive had a headache these past couple days but there not that bad but I also havent been sleeping these past couple days and I get tons of excercise and work. Make sure you get some good sleep and try going swimming and doing some laps but dont go into really cold or warm water. Also eat healthy, vitamin c and eat friut, pattasium which is in bananas can really help it can make the difference whether or not you get light headed or not, you know all this Im sure but man all this stuff really works for me. Dont oversleep or watch or play to many videogames and dont do any of these in really dark rooms where there is little light all of these could be reasons.

Im telling you out of experience, I use to get them alot, almost everyday I think I dont know if there was something wrong or not but make sure you get that checked. Serious.

Anyways I wish you well.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
You probably just need to get a good nights sleep, if you sit too close to the TV or are on the computer too much that may very much be the cause, don't listen to some of these over dramatic replies. However if it does not start to fade away soon or gets worse then you may wanna get that check out for now don't freak out or anything.

Smash legacy

Smash Apprentice
Just make sure you see a docter if you get bad migraines or really bad headaches. Theres a way to see if you have something wrong with your brain, if you shine a flashlight in each eye seperatly and if when you shine the light on that eye or your eyes and they dont dialate then that can mean you have a cuncussion or something wrong with your brain. If you had a tumer then you probally cant walk a straight line one foot after the other. Try it. Sorry hope you get better.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Chipper, you might want to go to a doctor, because this might be stretching it a bit but this is worst case scenario: you could have a possible head cancer and one of the symptoms include headaches.

:/

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Most headaches are caused by dehydration. However, if you've had a persistent headache for more than a day you should definitely see a doctor. Hell, even if you wake up this morning and your headache's gone you should still make an appointment.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
My best friend a little while ago noticed that his eyes were dilated differently. One eye was really huge and the other was really small. It was kind of freaking him out, so he went to the doctor. Turns out there's only two causes of such a thing: 90% of the time it's a brain tumor.

Or in his case (the 10%): absolutely nothing. His brain just felt like playing tricks with him, and it went away.

Moral of the story: Go to the doctor... Actually... come to think of it, the moral would actually have been just the opposite.,. but go anyway!

Chipperbane

Smash Rookie
Hmm. Well. Curiously, I recently got some ProActiv.

And I've been using it for a week. Excluding two days... The following days were headache free.

I've never been allergic to anything. So I doubt it's allergies. Unless it's to some weird... chemical.

And I doubt it's the TV and computer. I always sit as close as I am.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a ridiculously painful headache. It's an irritating throb around my right temple.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I am allergic to nothing (they did that test) and my sinuses give me the worst headaches I have ever experienced. Do not really out that just because you aren't allergic to anything.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Just get the doc to check it out. That's not a normal span for a headache. What's with our community and getting sicknesses lately?

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I used get headaches really often but I've finally gotten pretty good at preventing them. Drink lots of water always and sleep on your back without a large pillow.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Hmm. Well. Curiously, I recently got some ProActiv.

And I've been using it for a week. Excluding two days... The following days were headache free.

I've never been allergic to anything. So I doubt it's allergies. Unless it's to some weird... chemical.

And I doubt it's the TV and computer. I always sit as close as I am.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a ridiculously painful headache. It's an irritating throb around my right temple.
If you don't see a doctor soon you're a very stupid person.

Chipperbane

Smash Rookie
If I went to the doctor on every small thing I'd be paranoid. While I appreciate your concern, perhaps I'll go when it gets unbearably painful. But I'll wait.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't have to be unbearably painful. It just has to be there consistently for it to be a cause for concern.

And I doubt you have, but I guess I'll throw this out there. You haven't been taking any/abusing any prescription drugs of any sort, have you? Sometimes some of those can mess with your body over time. But with the person I know it was more of a debilitating painful migraine that lasted for a week or two.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
No. No doctor will tell you you are paranoid if something is bothering you. Headaches are not a normal thing. They mean something is not right in your body and the longer the last, the worse it is. Dehydration, as GS said, is still a problem and could be linked to something serious.

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
Headache's are usually dehydration (Migraines are a different form of head pain). Drink plenty of water, no carbonated soda's or anything or alcohol, both will dehydrate you further. If its just a headache, water will cure it.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Go to a doctor. My friends dad went to the doctor for everything and due to his persistence caught a cancerous spot in his leg super early. The doctor said it was nothing and he went elsewhere and found out it was cancerous. the lesson here is uhhhhhh..........nothing is too little to see a doctor.

Top Bottom