• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've got your NH tournament RIGHT HERE

Skler

Smash Master
Howdy all,

I found a venue for NH tournaments located in scenic SOUTHERN NH! That's right, directly off the beautiful ROUTE 3 (Mapquest your way to Nashua, baby) which means it's right off a large interstate highway.

This place is next to awesome food, is super easy to travel to (can you say less than half an hour from Boston while still being more convenient than Mass for MAINE!?) and is WILLING TO HOST SMASH TOURNAMENTS.

This is good stuff, and I want to get some smash brothers all up in this state. With that being said, due to tournaments and stuff happening I was thinking mid October for a NH smash tournament. Would anyone be down for that? Oh, I forgot to mention this place is super close to a few colleges so there should be plenty of locals there to fatten up the pot for you guys who will win.

So yeah, let's do a tournament in NH. The venue is all sorts of awesome (SO MUCH ROOM AND NEXT DOOR TO A BALLIN' CHINESE PLACE) and is convenient for everyone with access to a car.

Discuss whether or not you'll come, which dates would be best, and how badly you all miss me in this thread.

<3

Skler

Smash Master
Whoa, a NH player. Do you have a bunch of people who would come to a tourny, Lemon?

The Daz, does you mean ALL OF MAINE? Because if all of Maine came the tournament would be bitchin'. I miss losing to you guys :(

Also Zeb, I miss you too! Would MA be able to get it all up in this tourny? Nashua is literally a minute from the Mass border, I know because if I walk down the street I'm in Mass.

I'm going to yell at Zoso on League later to try and guilt trip RI into coming as well.

WHO'S GOING TO GAME UNDERGROUND TOURNY SPECTACULAR? Pine and I certainly are, I reserved my room with an hour to spare. Awwwww yeah.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
i'd definitely drag as much of maine as humanly possible to this. they've been hitting up practically everything in new england lately so i'm sure they'd be down for something closer

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm kinda retired for the time being. Sorry, but don't expect to see me here. =(

Spife

Smash Master
i'm kinda retired from ne tournys too, host one in the midwest and i'll go though

Skler

Smash Master
Mannnnn, so much disappointment from Zoso and Spife :(. I need more support/ideas for a date for this. I'm thinking OCTOBER 13TH because it just looks like an awesome day for awesome people to get together and be awesome.

Then again I have no idea when other tournies are.

Regardless, the hype train needs to get chuggin' along so we can do this. We need to do this hard.

Skler

Smash Master
I'm gauging the local community tomorrow in a *ehm*Barwl*cough* tournament.

Let's see what the turnout will be like!

Banks

Smash Hero
I have a job schedule in which all my fridays and saturdays are free, so aside from any sunday or multiple day event that runs into a sunday, I can go to anything you schedule

(theoretically)

Skler

Smash Master
It's true Mr. Daz, it's true. Though I hear the people at this place actually prefer smash 64 out of everything (weird). I still think Brawl is a stupid football-headed game.

Theoretical Banks had better be at the NH tournament or I'm going to theoretically cry.

Bstuk

Smash Cadet
I'm interested in this. If its on october 13th I wont be able to make it, but that would be great if you could host one later in the same place!

Landry

Smash Ace
I'm in Plymouth, NH and would definitely be interested in this. I can bring some pot-filler friends as well.

JumpinSkiing

Smash Rookie
I'm from Nashua actually and I think i'll be attending this weekend Skler.

Gamer's Sanctuary is right down the street from me house, I haven't played melee in awhile, but I'm definitely not a total scrub.

Should be fun.

Skler is Gamer's Sanctuary paying you for the whole 5 dollar challenge thing?

Skler

Smash Master
I'm from Nashua actually and I think i'll be attending this weekend Skler.

Gamer's Sanctuary is right down the street from me house, I haven't played melee in awhile, but I'm definitely not a total scrub.

Should be fun.

Skler is Gamer's Sanctuary paying you for the whole 5 dollar challenge thing?
Awesome!

I'm not getting paid for it, I'm volunteering. I'm hoping to get people interested in competitive Melee, everything there has been Brawl so far and I don't really like Brawl. The community there is pretty good though, everyone is nice and a bunch seem like they could get into competitive gaming. There's one person who's great at N64 smash, and that's awesome as well.

They play every game in the series there, even Project M. Melee needs some more love though :p

JumpinSkiing

Smash Rookie
Awesome!

I'm not getting paid for it, I'm volunteering. I'm hoping to get people interested in competitive Melee, everything there has been Brawl so far and I don't really like Brawl. The community there is pretty good though, everyone is nice and a bunch seem like they could get into competitive gaming. There's one person who's great at N64 smash, and that's awesome as well.

They play every game in the series there, even Project M. Melee needs some more love though :p

Do people go there and play melee? I don't have anyone to play with at the moment and would like to shake the dust off.

Also it looks like they're using projectors? How's the lag with that?

Skler

Smash Master
People don't go there specifically for Melee yet, but I'm hoping to change it with this Sunday. I don't see how people can play Brawl when they see it side-by-side with the awesome stuff that happens in Melee. Melee just feels better and looks cooler when played at a high level.

Right now they have Smash Sundays, which is when the people come in for tournaments. It only started last week, but the turnout was good for having just started. I guess we'll see how many come back, but everyone was hyped for the last one and some people were asking about the challenge.

There's no lag (I know, I was surprised as well) on the screens, and they're some high quality stuff. After GUTS I'll be setting up a larger tournament for NE to rock out.

The guy who runs the place (Josh) is great, he's ordered more Wiis with gamecube ports along with some other equipment. He's very supportive of the community, and that just gives all the more reason to show up to events there.

JumpinSkiing

Smash Rookie
Awesome man that sounds great, i'll definitely try and be there this weekend if i can. Hopefully people show up and there's a good group.

Landry

Smash Ace
Well, I dunno if this is gonna happen anymore but I still think we should have a NH tourney. We really need something for players in this area.

Top Bottom