• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've found a sort of lagless flame choke, but it has pretty specific requirements

Pure-???

Smash Journeyman
Your Opponent has to be on a slope, not a steep slope, just a slope. I discovered this on New Pork City and it would probably work with Pirate ship. anyway, you jump and use flame choke. that's it. but they need to be on a slope. if done correctly, your opponent will be on the ground instantly with no grabbing animation, and ganondorf will be standing. all the sound effects still play, and the darkness effect still appears. Maybe someone could find a way to get this to work in other situations?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Would this work on Lylat or the slopes on Lylat are no good?
Yes it would work on lylat. All this is is using the aerial murder choke near the ground, which for some reason has VERY little lag. Most lag from a whiffed aerial murder choke is due to the distance you have to fall before you hit the ground. Slopes just make it easier to do super close to the ground.

RobertZombie

Smash Cadet
it works, forte has been doing this since feb (thats where we got it from)

btw you can do it without slopes you just have to do it right away, b-sticking works wonders if you cant pull it off manually (or until you get used to it)

its perfect for tech chasing (thats how you guys call facemelt chaining right?)

because if you miss you have alot of time to avoid getting punished

also its a great mix-up with auto canceled d-airs

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Know what's really cool? I did the short-hop flame choke to someone standing on the edge of Battlefield, and they grabbed the edge when they hit the ground.

Top Bottom