• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IVC Gamers Club: LET'S BRAWL! - PRE-REGISTRATION ENDING SOON!!!

isaypwnsj00

Smash Rookie
HURRY! PRE-REGISTRATION ENDS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27TH!! E-MAIL US NOW!

Link to Facebook Event:
Smash Bros Brawl Tournament

5500 Irvine Center Dr, Irvine, CA 92618
Students Services Center (giant building in the middle of campus)

Time:
Registration/Sign-in starts at 11 AM.
Tournament officially starts at 12 NOON.

Tournament Details:
http://bit.ly/hoY8OS
CLICK THE URL ABOVE TO VIEW THE OFFICIAL RULES. (it's just google docs, don't worry)
contact e-mail for any questions

Price:
$10 pre-registration
$15 at the door
$5 for food! Lunch boxes available!!

PRIZES:

1st: $125
2nd: $100
3rd: $75

RAFFLE PRIZES AVAILABLE:
$5 for 3 raffle tickets!

REDUCED ADMISSION FOR THOSE WHO CAN BRING EXTRA Wiis/TVs!!

List of those who can bring stuff(will be updated consistently):

E-MAIL TO PRE-REGISTER! (or ask questions, see the rules sheet, etc.)

ivcvgc@hotmail.com
(323) 799-7238 - Jess - Please call if you have any other concerns.

E-mail format:
*Name:
*Phone number:
if you e-mail you are automatically counted as pre-registered!

***NOTE: When you show up at the event, please bring a valid photo ID so that we can confirm that you pre-registered!​

AnsumRiku

Smash Rookie
Omg no way@@!@@@#$!!

Dude what count me in suckaaaaaa!!!!!!! :d:d :d :d :d :d :d

hoopla65

Smash Rookie
So I imagine there will still be smashing after some of us get out of the tournament? Or is there like a pregame smashfest. I've never done competitive smash so I'm pretty sure I'll be out first round. Obviously I'm not going to drive 1.5hrs for one game of smash, but if I get to play a bunch of games against really good players (get my *** kicked, learn a few things) then I will definitely go. Will we be playing games outside of the tournament?

Ya, I think I'll just wait till tomorrow to post this.

isaypwnsj00

Smash Rookie
So I imagine there will still be smashing after some of us get out of the tournament? Or is there like a pregame smashfest. I've never done competitive smash so I'm pretty sure I'll be out first round. Obviously I'm not going to drive 1.5hrs for one game of smash, but if I get to play a bunch of games against really good players (get my *** kicked, learn a few things) then I will definitely go. Will we be playing games outside of the tournament?

Ya, I think I'll just wait till tomorrow to post this.
Hey ^-^
Usually at tournaments there is one "station" left open for friendly games. And when it dwindles down to the final matches, more and more stations open up. People usually practice or play for fun at these free stations.

isaypwnsj00

Smash Rookie
Also I changed the time a bit: Registration/sign-up starts at 11:00AM, leaving an hour before the tournament to make sure everyone is there and all checked in and whatnot. Tournament will officially start at 12 noon.

isaypwnsj00

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering - would it be better if I just used AlphaZealot's "Unity Ruleset"?

I think those rules are more organized and technical than ours. It's also more specific.

I know the tournament is only a week away, but I am not really changing any of the rules set, just adding more specific things like stage striking, infinites, infinite cape glitch, ledge grab limits, etc.

Top Bottom