• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's time to vent your anger! Who is your anti-Snake?

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I just got off a wifi match with my friend and I was kicking ***. Lucas was cake. Ike was cake. Sheik was alright. Pit was terrible, but I actually won a couple of times. Then, he chose Wolf. Wolf is a nightmare for Snake or maybe I am just not used to fighting him yet.

First off, his blaster. It is uncrawlable. So Snake has three options:

A. Jump. That tends to leave Snake vunerable since he has no great down attacks. Also he has a slow, low jump that will, more than likely, let Wolf get a couple more shots in.
B. Shield/Roll/Dodge. This tends to force Snake into awkward spacing where Snake cannot do a combo, but Wolf can as he has a longer reach.
C. Grenade. Nikita is worthless as it is too slow to get it in the air so the grenade is the only option. Unfortunately, Wolf's reflector can be an annoying defense.

So the blaster spam will deal a good 30+% a stock and also will frustrate the hell out of me.

Anyway, who is your anti-Snake?

Ruckus

Smash Cadet
South San Francisco, California, United States, No
I feel your pain but heres a few strategies that ive used when fighting a wolf spaming lasers

At start of round drop a detonation mine then aproach quickly to the other side, he will most likely down smash as u reach him so as to get u when you land in front and roll dodge. you may tak some damage but u must get to the other side and plant a trip mine. this restricts the playing field in half and force close quarter combat. This forces close quarter combat which snake i believe over powers wolf. And he will be wary of your detonation mine and wen close will roll dodge. Never detonate the mine let him be afraid of wen u will use it. So when he rols away from the mine aticipate and fsmash on his recover point. When fightin wolf you must have nair mastered. you have to be able to use a retreating nair as wolfs smashes move him forward.

That was kinda long i hope it helps because snake should neve lose to a laser spaming wolf. In fact snake should never lose at alll unless at the hands of another skillful snake.

Mosarani

Smash Cadet
Snake: look there's a grenade in my hand
R.O.B.: i will use the neutral b
Snake: that's curious... where did my hand go?

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
pikachu is a dirty rat. spam thunder/spam pika's Dsmash = mother**** you lil *****
This is actually a problem for most characters.:urg:

EDIT: Marth is an anti-Snake. He is pretty quick and I find I don't get much time to set up my mines/nikita. He is always in my face.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
This is actually a problem for most characters.:urg:

EDIT: Marth is an anti-Snake. He is pretty quick and I find I don't get much time to set up my mines/nikita. He is always in my face.
Grenade shield :D.

My problem is Olimer..he's way to small for Snake's regular a attack to hit usually, and then his Pikmin act as meat shields way to often.

.D0c.

Smash Cadet
I've had problems with Ike juggling me around. Don't necessarily lose, however it makes the match difficult when it comes time for recovery.

Snake on Snake match is hard for me.

.D0c.

Smash Cadet
My problem is Olimer..he's way to small for Snake's regular a attack to hit usually, and then his Pikmin act as meat shields way to often.
Use mass grenades and nikita to take out Pikmin. Even if you take damage from Pikmin theres no real knock back so you can continue your assault on Pikmin until Olimar is left vulnerable. Snake being a heavy character you can take advantage of him being able to endure some damage.

Use his down tilt also.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Nobody has mentioned Pit yet? I'm surprised. He is a tough match.

I've noticed that Snake has trouble with characters that have a quick projectile. Snakes moves, including his projectiles, are laggier and will easily get interrupted.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
I myself have problems with Sheik. Then again, that match was extremely laggy, so it was hard to do stuff.

Also, everyone within a 5 mile radius of me sucks anyways, so there isn't much I can do.

Zurik

Smash Rookie
Pit really really gets on my nerves.. ESPECIALLY his forward b. Not so much the move itself, but the annoying prepubescent scream he lets out every time he does it.

He's a tough match too. Arrow spam+strong air game make him a ***** to deal with.

ilnadmy

Smash Rookie
Anyone with quick, spammable projectiles gives me problems since they force Snake out of his comfort zone. Pikachu, Pit, Zelda, Falco (moreso than Fox, since his projectiles stun while Fox's doesn't). Pikachu is pretty annoying since he's so small that most of the time my jabs miss him completely, as does my hopped nair. Unfortunately for me, my friends main Pit, Zelda, and Pikachu. lol.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Reposted from The MetaKnight forums. Meta is the bane of my existence and here's my contribution:

While heavy, Snake is slow, his air game is A55, his recovery is extremely punishable, and his best kill moves (AAA and f-tilt) are easily disrupted and punished by MetaKnight. Part of the problem is that Snake is such a ground fighter and a slow one at that. He needs grenades and mortars as cover fire to make his kill moves safe. Meta has many easy approaches and once he has Snake in the air, Snake's only hope is getting back on the ground and at a safe distance. Shielding is your best bet against a Meta that spams special moves. It's good against drill dash and mach tornado, but don't try to shield grab. Meta's dash grab punishes predictable shielding. Snake's mines can be safely detonated by Meta's down-tilt..

For me, Snake's best moves against Meta are short-hopped bairs (carefully, though), dash attacks and shield-dropped grenades. Throw a grenade and then do a dash attack to pick it up and immediately shield. This timing will grenade a grounded Meta without him being able to safely grab or attack. Don't roll; don't try to grab. Never fsmash. Always cook grenades, but keep them close. Always air-dodge. Spam mortars and learn to mortar slide, but switch it up and use it carefully too. Vary it's charge and stay near the mortar. When edgeguarding, don't steer the Nikita too much because it slows down. Instead, predict, point and let it gain speed. Don't be afraid to abandon a Nikita shot early if you miss. Otherwise, Meta will get to you before you regain control. Instead, try to drop it and get under it. When knocked off the stage, recover high enough to connect with dair and try to time it so that the last hit connects with Meta. That lands KOs. Bair works too, but don't get predictable. Don't use down-tilt on its own unless Meta short-hops. Meta will rarely get above you, so d-tilt and u-tilt don't get much play. If he does approach from above, vary uair, u-tilt and d-tilt to keep him guessing. Get under plaforms to entice him, and always keep a C4 planted above the main platform. Don't even detonate it all the time. Meta will just avoid it altogether. Just put it out there, let him get used to you walking over it and get near it after it becomes unstable. Let him trigger it. Snake's general game is about providing cover fire to make his kill moves safe. In a sense, Snake is constantly running away. Never stop running.

Meta is just broken. The game is almost ruined as a result. It's sad because while I don't mind a few top-tier characters I feel like Meta changes the game for the worse; worthy of Nintendo issuing a patch. Somebody prove me wrong.
This could use some editing and most of these techniques are universal, but I thought it'd be helpful to have in this thread too.

LukewarmHoliday

Smash Cadet
marth is my most hated opponent. can cover distance quickly and fast attacks and aireals. I eventually got sick of being forced into corners and dodged and shielded till he slipped up and cromslided or C4 sticky. He was quite careful not to jump into a nade drop too. but the thing is he can out speed your tilts and aireals and outrange em too so i had to get used to waiting for him to make a move so i could nail him during the slight lag he has.

also metaknight is just mean >.> lucky i can kill him at lower percents

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
ROB
Wolf
Pika
Toon Link
Olimar

Those are pretty consistent in giving me trouble in matches if when they're played right.

Top Bottom