• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"It's only the rain" - Dante for Smash Ultimate (Mii Costume'd)

Momentary

Smash Cadet
Well. I may not be as confident in our stylish devil hunters chances as I used to be. I however, refuse to give up until Smash is over and we see no sign of his presence. Here's hoping at the least we see some more DMC ports.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Well, with Kazuya confirmed, how are we feeling about Dante's chances right now?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
The only thing I see right now for Dante is that Capcom is the only 3rd party present since Sm4sh that hasn't gotten a full blown new fighter, with Ken being an echo and all, but thinking that for that reason we're getting another Capcom rep is a stretch.
Otherwise, same as before, arguably worse with only one reveal left.

Momentary

Smash Cadet
Honestly my hopes for Dante have gone up a bit tbh. I'm still by no means expecting him but Kazuya has showcased that Mii costumes don't deconfirm a company and IMO it was Dante's biggest hurdle. People like to be doomers and say "Smash ends on a low note" and point to Byleth, but neglect that Pass 1 wasn't seen as a finale considering we already knew about Pass 2 already. Sonic and Bayonetta were enders for Brawl and 4 aswell and while some could argue that she wasn't what they hoped for she was a third party character with a unique moveset. All in all I think Dante is back in the good chance area and combined with Capcoms lack of presence in terms of Character DLC and not having a unique fighter since Smash 4 I don't think it would be unprecedented to see him pop up next reveal. Let's not get too cocky however haha.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
100% agreed on people taking the whole "Smash ends on a low note" a bit too seriously as a rule. I think it's the right thing to do to keep expectations in check and lower disappointment, but I don't think that's a reason we should take for granted something predictable like a gen 8 mon closing things out (outside the fact that's what disappointing will depend from player to player of course).
What I might be a bit more doubtful of is the chances of a brand new 3rd party company getting a rep to close things up, but I guess Bayonetta is sorta a precedent for that, but I'd personally not put my chips on that possibility.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I have much more hope for Dante... Especially after Kazuya broke a few fan rules. I'm definitely being cautious with anyone right now, but I do think he has a decent chance. DMC is one of biggest Japanese series left and is from a company that has zero representation in the DLC.

I could totally see Dante ending things, and they could reference how Bayonetta (his spiritual successor) ended things last time.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
On another note, I finished DMC 1 not too long ago. I really enjoyed it, even if I thought there were a few misteps here and there.

Sorry to say (or maybe not sorry), but I totally cheesed Mundus with Star items. Mostly because I couldn't stand going through that random rail-shooter segment over and over again. Lol

Anywho, I downloaded DMC 3 for Father's day, and I'm super excited about it because of all the praise I see it get. I was also looking forward to seeing and learning about Vergil for the first time...

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Well, with Kazuya confirmed, how are we feeling about Dante's chances right now?
Not sure
On one hand the hurdles that were holding Dante back have been broken, but on the other you have to consider RE is a huge competitor (due to it being a bigger franchise and the spirit event is considered a grey area rn), it's also doubtful that we get two half-demons back to back.
I'd personally love his inclusion though, been playing DMC3 on the Switch and the gameplay/music has aged relatively well imo.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, that definitely sucked. Even as someone who supported Phoenix more than Dante, I would've still lost my **** if Dante was the final character. Such a shame to see him relegated to a Mii costume. They didn't even use the DMC3 design.

Sorry to all of you who had to see that.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Tbh Dante also always had Monster Hunter and Resident Evil to compete with for the next Capcom character anyway. It's better than nothing.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Dante would have been a dope pick, shame that he's only a Mii costume. I'm honestly just shocked Capcom is seemingly not getting another character....

Hopefully, he can make it in next time around.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well.....they're certainly not out of the running. Phoenix still has a chance after all.
I guess you're right, but I don't know. After one costume wave that was exclusively Capcom and now this, it just feels like things are happening a little too late for it to lead to something.

... But then again, Kazuya should have realistically been out after the Heihachi Mii Costume. We'll see.

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
The pain still hurts broooooo Dante noooooooooooo
Hopefully you’ll get ur shot next game😭

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Well, that hurt like a *****, not gonna lie, I'm very salty now
Even if I didn't think Devil May Cry was particularly likely to get repped, I still had a sliver of hope that he could make it in, since he's by far one of the most charismatic and badass characters in gaming he seemed like a no brainer choice for DLC and tons of people would buy him.
I just wanted to see him kick Mario's ass so damn badly, not really hopeful for next game since it will most likely have deep cuts which I'm not really into.
Not buying the costume btw, I don't care about miis.
Dang, they didn't even do DMC3 design, they went with DMC1 + Alastor...
imo that design is just as cool
but either way he looks hella bad as a mii

Last edited:
Top Bottom