• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's ok guys, Link owns in Brawl (vids)

Status
Not open for further replies.

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
Aniki was the best, in my opinion, so if he comes back Ill be very happy. His mind games were insane, and you could learn a lot from him.

At any rate, we all know that Link powns, otherwise why would we be in this forum? xD
QFT; Aniki was/is my favorite to watch, as was the case with many, anyways... I haven't seen him since 2007, but it'd be crazy-awesome-like if he would come back somehow... hmm...

Iwan

Smash Ace
Maybe Aniki will go back to maining Link, now that Samus has been nerfed. I'm really going to miss the spin attack's usefulness. It doesn't kill unless there's a really high percentage. I was a Link main in the previous games, so I'll definitely try him out.

**** man...Aniki was so ****ing incredible with Link. It'd be nice to see him stick with link.

Aniki=projectile master

-notic

Smash Cadet
um first of all, all 3 of those guys blow at playing link, second, link is indeed still a character with great potential in the middle tier. He only really has problems against pikachu and probably fox and kirby. other than that he can take anyone, especially Marths, I never lose to any.

Iwan

Smash Ace
link was nto good ate melee,link don't get improved ...his spin atk is terrible he is just a bit faster,and this guy doesn't play very well,just see some impressions ,link doesn't own anything

says the space animal user....

:p. seriously though, link wasn't good at melee? i'd LOVE to play you in melee with my link. It'd be priceless. And brawl link=spacing/projectile monster.

but you knew that right?
haha

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Guys, let this thread die. Link isn't that good in Brawl, I changed my opinions about him.

um first of all, all 3 of those guys blow at playing link, second, link is indeed still a character with great potential in the middle tier. He only really has problems against pikachu and probably fox and kirby. other than that he can take anyone, especially Marths, I never lose to any.
Money match?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
my link vs? your marth? hahah yea yea yea

link owns and can make a solid marth counterpick
1. I don't use Marth. I would glady do Link vs DK or Falco though.

2. Marth beats Link. Link doesn't do THAT bad since he has spam, but Marth still has teh strong advantage. Also, counterpick = completely onesided, like Toon Link vs Yoshi or whoever is one of the worst.
The Link/Marth matchup in Brawl mirrors the Melee one, except Link has a harder time killing Marth in Brawl and cannot approach at all. Marth only has to deal with....decent spam?
I mean, beating your little sister's Marth and random noobs on laggy wifi with Link doesn't mean anything.

3. Even if Link beats Marth as you say, why would you make me use him against you? Doesn't look like you're to confident in your skills...
Nevertheless, I really don't care, Link sucks and you're nothing special. I'll use Marth if you really want me to, or, if there's any other character you want me to pick that you have in mind.

Iwan

Smash Ace

2. Marth beats Link. Link doesn't do THAT bad since he has spam, but Marth still has teh strong advantage. Also, counterpick = completely onesided, like Toon Link vs Yoshi or whoever is one of the worst.
The Link/Marth matchup in Brawl mirrors the Melee one, except Link has a harder time killing Marth in Brawl and cannot approach at all. Marth only has to deal with....decent spam?
I mean, beating your little sister's Marth and random noobs on laggy wifi with Link doesn't mean anything.

3. Even if Link beats Marth as you say, why would you make me use him against you? Doesn't look like you're to confident in your skills...
Nevertheless, I really don't care, Link sucks and you're nothing special. I'll use Marth if you really want me to, or, if there's any other character you want me to pick that you have in mind.
Wow...a DK user. You guys don't come around too often :p. Question: do you have any videos posted i could look at?

Sorry for being totally off topic.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Haha, very true. DK is the least popular character in SmashBros history. Funny fact: the Diddy Kong forums has more views, threads, and posts then the Donkey Kong Brawl and Melee forums COMBINED.

About the videos, I'm sorry. I only have old videos of my DK in Melee up, but I will get Brawl matches up soon enough, maybe even today (definately this week though).
http://www.youtube.com/user/njzfinest

No problem about being off topic, this thread will be closed soon enough.... *waits for GimpyFish*

Iwan

Smash Ace
Haha, very true. DK is the least popular character in SmashBros history. Funny fact: the Diddy Kong forums has more views, threads, and posts then the Donkey Kong Brawl and Melee forums COMBINED.

About the videos, I'm sorry. I only have old videos of my DK in Melee up, but I will get Brawl matches up soon enough, maybe even today (definately this week though).
http://www.youtube.com/user/njzfinest

No problem about being off topic, this thread will be closed soon enough.... *waits for GimpyFish*
Thats an awfully sick DK you had in melee...good stuff. Definitely get those brawl vids up eh? I'm curious to see how DK stacks up.

and uh....is this thread locked yet?
lol.

AfricanZulu

Smash Cadet
How typical of you to hang around in the threads that dont mean crap Carl :p.... Like I said I picked up my copy of brawl when I was Brazil... Still havent played it yet will get my first real action of brawl on Monday. I cant wait. I havent played smash against anyone since Purdue... Played with captain falcon against a level one comp, which felt amazing, lol i miss smash so much, its like im in AA and had my first sip of alcohol in like a year....

Miss you, you *******!

O yea just so that im not off topic for this thread...

Link is cool....

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
How typical of you to hang around in the threads that dont mean crap Carl :p.... Like I said I picked up my copy of brawl when I was Brazil... Still havent played it yet will get my first real action of brawl on Monday. I cant wait. I havent played smash against anyone since Purdue... Played with captain falcon against a level one comp, which felt amazing, lol i miss smash so much, its like im in AA and had my first sip of alcohol in like a year....

Miss you, you *******!

Link is cool....
hey guys bad news brawl is for PC only

-notic

Smash Cadet

no i want marths. i want em all. i also mess around with dk too. i'm proving a point that link beats marth by suggesting you play marth although you could pick whoever you want. online is next to unplayable where i'm from so i actually play against dozens of competitive people within the area, ranging from pro street fighter 3rd strike players to pro magic the gathering players to level 9000 halo2 players, just to let you know i don't bully beginners who know little about the game and want 4player ffa w/ items. I'll also be attending EVO 08 where Klixx of Team 9001 will possibly announce for 3rd strike matches so the marth mains and other nonbelievers can see my amazing and poetic skills with link

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

Miss you, you *******!

Link is cool....
I love you Andre!!!
no i want marths. i want em all. i also mess around with dk too. i'm proving a point that link beats marth by suggesting you play marth although you could pick whoever you want.
yayuhzzz
no i want marths. i want em all. i also mess around with dk too. i'm online is next to unplayable where i'm from so i actually play against dozens of competitive people within the area, ranging from pro street fighter 3rd strike players to pro magic the gathering players to level 9000 halo2 players, just to let you know i don't bully beginners who know little about the game and want 4player ffa w/ items. I'll also be attending EVO 08 where Klixx of Team 9001 will possibly announce for 3rd strike matches so the marth mains and other nonbelievers can see my amazing and poetic skills with link
Did you really just say that?....Just because they're competitive in one game doesn't mean they are competitive or even decent in smash. Actually, it's more reason for them to be God awful at smash since they spent so much time being competitive at another game they play.

Btw, it's not just the Marth mains who doubt Link, it's basically most people who play the game, including those who use Link.

Anyways, yes, online isn't playable, just in general. We'll just have to cross roads, which is easier then it seems. Then again, don't be surpised if I forget about you, it's normal for me to come across people like you almost daily.

J18

Smash Journeyman
wow i suck at link and but i like playing at him a lot, but seeing J666's link....wtf...too good...

AfricanZulu

Smash Cadet
Just been playing brawl for 10 hours straight, and its mad... i love it, I like the overall feel more than Melee, however Melee's Pace and comboing is way better...

Link is too slow in brawl... as in his moves have to much delay, Captain falcon isnt bad

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Actually, Link is faster this time around. Only Uair and Dair have delay (due to the lack of l-cancel). Fair, Nair, and Bair have almost no lag when hitting the ground.
Btw, Link>Cfalcon this time around lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom