• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Its not Nintendos fault, its YOURS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
I got the european version yesterday and I tried the with anyone options and played for 2 hours, at first it was kind of laggy and there were buttonlag but after a moment (30 minutes) all lag and button lag went away. I played alot of matches and absolutely no lag.
I think its because that I got a good connection (100mb/s) and its not fair that people (mostly americans) complain about the lag because its your fault you dont have a good connection.

I said mostly americans because it is known that americans got crappy internet/connection. :laugh::laugh::bee:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I don't know release schedules for the game, seeing as you seem to be European, and whether or not it'd be available to you;

but explain how Mario Kart Wii online works perfectly lagless on my crappy connection. Brawl? Not so much.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I don't know release schedules for the game, seeing as you seem to be European, and whether or not it'd be available to you;

but explain how Mario Kart Wii online works perfectly lagless on my crappy connection. Brawl? Not so much.
Isn't it because the game predicts where each player will be, and updates changes with this prediction process with actual information in real time?

People could be really laggy, but it almost seem unoticeable.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yes, the post above me is basically telling you that MKW and SSBB have two different gaming servers, however one of them actually works most of the time, and you know which one I am talking about.

Shipa

Smash Rookie
I can confirm what Thewii wrote. My wifi is pretty much lagless! In with anyone i find people within a minute (3 more) and sure sometimes there is slowdown/slowmotion lag but thats only in the prime time. With friends is for me very smooth. I got a blue circle according to a friend and i have never had buttonlag in friendsgames.

Sorry US, Thewii is right, it's your fault you got crap connetion not Nintendos!

Shipa

Smash Rookie
Do that! :) Most people here do have good connection so brawl is lagfree if you play people here :)

plural

Smash Journeyman

yeah, my friend has said the same thing, brawl is terrible, but mario kart wii works perfectly fine

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
How exactly are the connections better over there?

Is it some kind of different wiring? Somewhat less interference? Tell me.

BarakuDragon

Smash Cadet
I don't think america should be that bad cause most americans i know have 10mb connection i have 4, mines standard among uk, but some people in uk and europe only have like 512-1mb at best, which is absolute ****e, lol.

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
Do that! :) Most people here do have good connection so brawl is lagfree if you play people here :)
Dude, people over there have a lag free connection to you. Because, you know, you live close to them. You have a blue circle to your friend because you don't live far away. A better suggestion would be to play with people in your area for less lag, if possible.

Dark Nemesis

Smash Apprentice
I can confirm what Shipa wrote. I live in Norway, and my Wifi is pretty much lagfree.

Looks like the waiting was worth every single second. (=

And I got a 100mb/s connection.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
Considering that the East and West coasts of the US are significantly farther apart than London and Moscow, and that European countries are of comparable size to US states, this seems more like an issue of proximity than anything else. Of course two people in Sweden are going to have better connections than people in the US. Sweden is only the size of California.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
It all depends on location. If i'm playing someone in london it will be pretty much lagless; but if a play someone i the u.s it will lag like S***

location,location,location.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Dear OP, you're a jerk, or at least you come off as one.

Sometimes I have little to no lag at all, and sometimes the screen dang near freezes for 5 minutes before the game has pity on me and disconnects.

This is because I have, oh I dunno, ZERO CONTROL over whom I random brawl with. A match with folks in Norfolk or even Baltimore will have far less lag than one with folks in Latvia.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
If it's our fault then why do things like xbox live not have nearly as much lag as wifi, I play live all the time and it works fine but whenever i play wifi with ssbb the lag is crazy bad.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lag seems random to me.

I played a guy from colombia and there was barely any lag

I played my buddy who lives down the street and the matches were almost unplayable

no Johns, it's Nintendo's fault

not to mention it takes a year to find someone to play in Vs Anyone

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
If it's our fault then why do things like xbox live not have nearly as much lag as wifi, I play live all the time and it works fine but whenever i play wifi with ssbb the lag is crazy bad.
Microsoft have other servers, you know if you PAY for Xbox Live of course there wont be any lag, you actually think Microsoft would let that if you pay? :laugh:

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I wonder if they'll ever figure out that in Europe the distance the signals have to travel is signifigantly less per country than in...say...the United states. I mean, just maybe you could possibly, maybe, just going out on a limb here now, think that -distance- might have something to do with it? (OMFG HOLY **** O RLY?!) Ya, rly.

Shipa

Smash Rookie
I've played my friends in Japan and the US without any lag. And then why do so many people in the US compain about lag in wifi battles with friends across the town? I'm not saying distance doesn't matter, however, it is strange that most people in europe can play without lag with people across the world when you guys in america can't even play with eachother without buttonlag. Is it not?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I've played my friends in Japan and the US without any lag. And then why do so many people in the US compain about lag in wifi battles with friends across the town? I'm not saying distance doesn't matter, however, it is strange that most people in europe can play without lag with people across the world when you guys in america can't even play with eachother without buttonlag. Is it not?
I'm more referring to the "americans have ****ty internet" statement which is probably derived from "OMG it lags when I play somebody on the other side of the world they have bad internetz" thinking. Also I'm willing to bet you have both a different server and substantially fewer people playing on it. From my understanding Nintendo regionalizes it's internet service, and then those servers relay to one another cross-region for world wide play.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm in the US, and you know I myself have personally not gotten much lag, unless the other person has an orange or worse connection.

It's much better ofcourse if you actually plug an ethernet cable into the Wii though even on wireless it's not as bad as some people seem to say for me. The limitedness of the online options though is still a gripe either way.

Perhaps it has to do with the stateside server though or something, I dunno.

Dark Nemesis

Smash Apprentice
Let's end this once and for all:

Dude from NoE said:
I have nothing new to say about the releasedate: However, I have some information about the reasons why it will come so late to Europe.

The game will be made in two versions for the European market (he didn't say anything about the Australian market). One with English + two languages and one with English + two other languages. The reason to that is because the game didn't fit on one Dual Layer-disc (8,5 Gb) with English, German, French, Italian and Spanish. Nintendo then had two different options to choose from. They could worsen the quality of the movie-clips (The intro and SSE-clips), or keep the quality of the movies and make different versions. Nintendo chose the latter option, which you understand have meant an enourmous job.

It will take a tremendous long time to convert this game into a European version. And because it will come many months after the American version, there are certainly people who thinks Nintendo are lazy. Of course it's not like that, Nintendo works as fast as they can to release the game as fast as possible. Another reason is that all the Pokémon in the game will be translated (their sounds that is) to German and French, and The Pokémon Company is extremely careful with this process. It's more than you think that's involved in a qualitative localisationprocess.

And how will this favour us swedes? (lol, we don't care how it will favour us, as long as we can buy the game as fast as possible) It won't favour us at all. Unfortunately, we have to pay so that Germany, France, Italy and Spain will be happy. If Nintendo didnt translate the game to the many different European languages, the game would sell a lot worse than it normally should. Of course, this causes a lot of Scandinavians (And other Europeans too) to import the game, as it's not worth to wait for the localisation.

However, we should remember that Nintendo at the same time removes eventual bugs in the game, just as they did with Super Smash Bros. Melee. Nintendo will also fix the terrible lag that the Japanese and Americans had when playing online.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Well I'm in the US, and you know I myself have personally not gotten much lag, unless the other person has an orange or worse connection.

It's much better ofcourse if you actually plug an ethernet cable into the Wii though even on wireless it's not as bad as some people seem to say for me. The limitedness of the online options though is still a gripe either way.

Perhaps it has to do with the stateside server though or something, I dunno.
I have an ethernet cable and I get a 60/40 split of laggy/smooth matches.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace

i cant believe no one has addressed this...

in the OP he says "ya it was laggy at first but then after 30 mins or so it wasnt"

im sorry, but until something is fixed, there will ALWAYS be button lag, its not the internet connection, its the nintendo network.

and to clarify why there was no lag after you played for a while... ever stop to think that "hey, maybe i got used to the buttonlag after playing for a bit..."

trust me, it was still there.

BlackBrawler

Smash Rookie
im in trhe us and i dont have Lag at all. You also cant compare Racing game like Mario Kart to a complex game like Brawl they are completely 2 different things.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Although they are two different things, one still wonders. How is it that mario kart, a game where 12 players race at once in racetracks(bigger than brawl stages) with hazards and items being used every 5 seconds has LESS lag than a 1v1 online in brawl on a neutral stage with NO items on whatsoever?

Also keep in mind that in mario kart, the 12 racers are from all around the US or even farther(yet no lag) but in brawl, the two players still experience lag even if they are maybe one state apart.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
From what I gather, the place you live has nothing to do with it, and distance isn't always the problem either.
So yes, it seems to be nintendo's fault. Doesn't really matter anyway, blaming someone won't fix the lag...

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Microsoft have other servers, you know if you PAY for Xbox Live of course there wont be any lag, you actually think Microsoft would let that if you pay? :laugh:
So what you're saying is that it is nintendos fault because they don't have enough severs and they run a below average online service because it's free?

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
How much does 100 MB/s cost where you live? My verizon DSL cost 30$/month for 3mbits which feels like a complete rip compared to what your getting, something that's 33X faster if your telling the truth. And 3Mbits is the fastest offered in my area so I can't really upgrade. So how much Does 100 MB/s cost?

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
How much does 100 MB/s cost where you live? My verizon DSL cost 30$/month for 3mbits which feels like a complete rip compared to what your getting, something that's 33X faster if your telling the truth. And 3Mbits is the fastest offered in my area so I can't really upgrade. So how much Does 100 MB/s cost?
100m/bit internet is impossible.

That speed actually refers to the connection speed of their router itself (for example, my router and desktop PC have a connection of 1G/bit). But my internet speed is actually only 2 m/bit.

That aside.... Brawl's online mode is AWFUL. I was always told by my brother via Gears of War buddies that our net is pretty good for gaming, yet when I first played online on Brawl, the lag was horrendous.

I mean something close to half a second of buttonlag. And I'm pretty sure I've been playing against local players, not someone from... Japan or something.

Out of the twenty or thirty matches I've played online, I've not had one match with little or no lag; every match has been rubbish. I actually don't see any visisble difference in lag when I play friends of mine in Indiana (I live in the UK).

So is the lag all down to distance/user connections or is this a problem with Nintendo's game-sharing system which I just have to cope with and wait for it to be fixed? I would ask a few UK players to attempt a friend match with me but I think even in the UK my connection is a red circle. -_-'

Timbers

check me out
OP is an idiot, stop trying to belittle America just because you think your internet connections are somehow superior. You're never going to have frame perfect responses on wifi, or even close to a fourth of a second in response (~15 frames) Input lag is always present, even if your FPS aren't lagging, input lag is just Nintendo's way of saying **** you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom