• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Its me again, with probably more common knowledge

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
After labbing with fox for a bit longer, I found a small way to achieve better option coverage when one often perfect pivot utilts, now get ready for this, its really basic and I'm probably grasping at straws here, but regular pivot ftilt into utilt is actually a true combo at early percents, the same combo mentioned also is good option coverage during mid neutral, as you are still at the point where you need more percent on your opponent before you end them altogether. The ftilt itself is, while not as fast as the regular pivot animation, alot more valuable if you do a small read on their approach, you can launch them and follow up, but, if they dont approach, you can utilt if they are standing still, or turnaround and grab if they are shielding, and, while writing this I realise its probably not clear that I mean that you are still in front of them, it can work either way, its just that if you go behind them, the utilt is probably more there for the cross up read. This isn't a quintessential tech, but I guess its valuable in certain matchups where the opponent relies on the lack of option coverage that you have.

Sorry for probably wasting your time again.

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
After labbing with fox for a bit longer, I found a small way to achieve better option coverage when one often perfect pivot utilts, now get ready for this, its really basic and I'm probably grasping at straws here, but regular pivot ftilt into utilt is actually a true combo at early percents, the same combo mentioned also is good option coverage during mid neutral, as you are still at the point where you need more percent on your opponent before you end them altogether. The ftilt itself is, while not as fast as the regular pivot animation, alot more valuable if you do a small read on their approach, you can launch them and follow up, but, if they dont approach, you can utilt if they are standing still, or turnaround and grab if they are shielding, and, while writing this I realise its probably not clear that I mean that you are still in front of them, it can work either way, its just that if you go behind them, the utilt is probably more there for the cross up read. This isn't a quintessential tech, but I guess its valuable in certain matchups where the opponent relies on the lack of option coverage that you have.

Sorry for probably wasting your time again.
If you think that the knowledge is already known the best course of action is to look for a forum and see if it already exists. If you feel that you can go more in-depth on it then by all means do so. Putting a disclaimer that this might already be known doesn't make posting it any better.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
If you think that the knowledge is already known the best course of action is to look for a forum and see if it already exists. If you feel that you can go more in-depth on it then by all means do so. Putting a disclaimer that this might already be known doesn't make posting it any better.

trying to find specific information like 'do people know about pivot ftilt to utilt' on a forum can be harder than you think.
What harm did he really cause by posting this thread?

Top Bottom