• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's gone.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
We already have a Bowser guide stickied. Please don't clutter the boards and instead add your ideas into the guide thread.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
We already have a Bowser guide stickied. Please don't clutter the boards and instead add your ideas into the guide thread.

dude, why have someone go through pages of useless comments when they can read something quickly. Ill be glad to retreat my post if administrator decides that this post is unnecessary; and besides whats it to you? are you doing this cause you want to feel superior over me because you have more time on your hands and can post on this forum non stop?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No i do this because you're an idiot who should post your ideas in the guide at the top because its STICKIED and has all relevant interests ON THE FIRST POST.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
And this just proves how blind, immature, and ignorant you are. All I did was post a guide on Bowser with advanced strategies, and you comes in and insult me for no reason at all. It's funny because you wouldn't disrespect anyone this way in real life; you only do it behind a computer because it's the only place where you feel powerful (your comfort zone). Read the title of my thread before letting your pride cloud your judgment: It's a thread that pretty much covers advanced strategies in a few paragraphs without the need of people stressing themselves with questions, and I'm sure I covered the part saying people are welcomed post their own strategies. Its obvious that none checks your stickied thread since there are constant questionings about the material. All I have done is given new gamers another alternative to find answers. I personally don't see a problem in this.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
Edit: I want you to understand that I'm not here to make enemies. I visit smash boards because I love this game and would like to share my ideas with the SSB community.

BKrkr

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5303-3831-5621
Nice, thanks for the guide. Bowser is pretty fun to play as, and I found his bair has pretty good priority and comes out quickly. When using his bowser bomb (down-b,) when is it that he has super armor?

Thanks again.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
reborn: Good work taking a look into this, but listen to KevinM. The reason it is stickied is so that people can find it easily, and so the information is all in one place. It doesn't matter if your post is buried in page 5, because the OP will edit your advice/findings into his first post.

If you think people can't be bothered to read a thread that is stickied, that says "updated 5/13/08" or whenever, why would they read an unstickied guide?

Please don't attack someone because you want to feel special by having your own thread (you can deny it, but you won't be fooling anyone ;) ), and they tell you that we don't need a new thread. We're a ****ing community, meaning it shouldn't bother you that your advice in another thread, with you getting credit, rather than in a separate thread, where you can simply try to get attention. The point is that the knowledge is out there, not that it was discovered by x. E.g, who "invented wavedashing?" No one knows, no one cares. We care that it is common knowledge, because it helps newer players.

I'm not trying to be rude, but there is no reason to call names, especially when there is NO REASON, except that he hurt your ego.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
<_< double post due to spazzy connection >_>

anywho, I'm glad you want to help the community. Just try not to get bogged down by the unimportant stuff...

BTW, with the down-B SAF, isn't it in his rising into the air from the ground animation? (or equivalent animation when in the air). Saying "at the beginning" will just make people ask more questions XD

--peace man, and just try to chill. Welcome to the boards, please check your excessive egoism at the door ;)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
And this just proves how blind, immature, and ignorant you are. All I did was post a guide on Bowser with advanced strategies, and you comes in and insult me for no reason at all. It's funny because you wouldn't disrespect anyone this way in real life; you only do it behind a computer because it's the only place where you feel powerful (your comfort zone). Read the title of my thread before letting your pride cloud your judgment: It's a thread that pretty much covers advanced strategies in a few paragraphs without the need of people stressing themselves with questions, and I'm sure I covered the part saying people are welcomed post their own strategies. Its obvious that none checks your stickied thread since there are constant questionings about the material. All I have done is given new gamers another alternative to find answers. I personally don't see a problem in this.
I act like i would in real life, and anyone who knows me in real life, IE most smashers i've met at tournaments, know i'm a good and intelligent guy. Stop talking without knowing who you address, i know what i'm talking about and all your doing is cluttering the boards with STUFF THATS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN DOWN.

Darqion

Smash Cadet
I act like i would in real life, and anyone who knows me in real life, IE most smashers i've met at tournaments, know i'm a good and intelligent guy. Stop talking without knowing who you address, i know what i'm talking about and all your doing is cluttering the boards with STUFF THATS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN DOWN.
you say you are a good and "intelligent " guy and then go about writing in full caps, and acting superious. A guide is not clutter, and if its usefull YOU be a sport and add it to the sticky. Stickys are fine and all that, but if youd like them so much, you could make 3 stickys, call them , guides, moves and techniques... and you wouldnt have ANY other post but those 3 needed..

well theres an idea right ? no its a bad idea, and you know it.

I wish people would stop acting like they know it all, and like a forum being all clean has anything to do with how a normal forum EVERYWHERE in the world looks like. suck it up, and atleast try and pretend you are that good and smart guy you insist you are

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Dargion: Using caps for emphasis, as he was CLEARLY doing, isn't the same as e-"shouting." And the point is that we don't need 7 thousand guides. By consolidating all the useful advice into 1 guide, it makes it so much easier to find.

And let's take your rant against stickies... So we have a "booser guide," a booser finder, and a booser vid thread stickied. (The moves and techniques would of course, be part of the booser guide ;), one of KevinM's points.

Then, you you think there is something that merits a discussion uncluttered by noise in the stickied section, you make a topic, and put what you are referring to in the title. But then, when that discussion is resolved (perhaps it was a booser vs Marth discussion, and your thread was entitled "Questoining the MArth/Bowser matchup), you would then, if any new changes to the metagame came up, have the original stickied thread updated.

or if you want someone to critique your vids, or you are offering (as drk.peach/silent wolf did) to give advice on vids, look, more threads. If you want to discuss stage specific booser tips, look more topics (and one that then may be stickied ;) ) See, this way we have a productive and useful sub-forum, that is as noise free as possible.

"I wish people would stop acting like they know it all, and like a forum being all clean has anything to do with how a normal forum EVERYWHERE in the world looks like. suck it up, and atleast try and pretend you are that good and smart guy you insist you are"

--since when did we say we "know it all?" And I don't get your "everywhere else as **** forums that are noisy and irritating, so we should too!" statement...it's like saying, "but all my friends take drugs and have unsafe ***" It isn't true, and it isn't a reason for us to conform regardless. The point of the character sub-forums is to let people discuss the character, to learn better how to play them. Granted, it's also a place where exuberant booser users will joke around, create fun threads (New gimpyfish combo, e.g.) Thats cool. It's an online community. But that is NO REASON for us to have needless clutter. So far the only reason that I can understand at people not wanting to keep all "how to play bowser" stuff in one thread is excessive pride.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
Your words cut deeper than a blade St. Viers. I just wanted to have my own thread knowing that in real life I never get the credit I deserve for my work. Anyway, I'll just post this in the thread by KevinM. Maybe my ideas can touch people there. And besides, keep in mind that I don't have much experience with how forums work. But knowing this is a community, everyone should help one another instead of letting the egoism cloud the judgment of people :)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Thanks St. Viers, you understand what i was trying to do.

Reborn it honestly wasn't an attack its the fact that we need to clean up the boards for people that don't know what they're doing. Again there was no offense.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
It's ok, it's just that I was so excited about writing this guide that I didn't read your stickied Bowser thread. I apologize for the misunderstanding and I hope you have a great day at smash boards.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^thanks man. Sometimes we've been around so long we forget we actually need to EXPLAIN our actions ;)

Top Bottom