• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's freakin cold here Mr. Bigglesworth

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Snow and ice are always fun until you have to drive somewhere.

Twenty bucks says the sirens in the background of the video were heading towards an accident.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
So, uh, it was -2 degrees F when I woke up yesterday. That was pretty cold. Luckily it warmed up to about 14 degrees today.

And you guys could have cleared that ice off a lot faster in the video if you had just taken an ice scraper to it. Heat up the windshield a little from the inside, and start scraping.

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
This is proof that Al Gore was lying when he invented global warming.

Muqquomp, I haven't been here long, and I don't spend much time here, but I'm fairly sure that neither of them are that big strong black guy off of Heroes, which would enable them to bypass the fact that you cannot get inside a car which is completely encased in ice. Then again, I only watched it once, so there is always the chance that I didn't notice that one of them is a big fictional black man.

Dibs

Smash Lord
The news people claimed that snow may fall over here in Sacramento... Once again I have been let down.

Just watched the video. I didn't even realize how much ice was covering it until she broke the ice on the door.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It's very cold here in Canada, Ontario, Georgetown right now. Thankfully, this monday was a snow day because the roads were too icy and we were'nt prepared for it. Well actually, it wasn't technically a "snow day" because the buses were cancelled. Regardless, i don't have to go to school if the buses are cancelled. Cha-ching! ^_^

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
"I wanna know what happened to global WARMING!!"
"Next time I call you a hard-***, you know why!"

ROFL!!!

You guys owned the ice and ****, that ice was thick!

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
"honda civic wants to battle!"

"Go can of hot water! Can of hot water use splash!"

"you didn't even get it on the window"

"........ it's not very effective"

Wow, I didn't realize how funny baha is.

LOL!

I wish we get some of that in MD!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Last night I brought my Wii over to my friend's house and jacked his wireless network to download all the updates (and games) that I didn't have (my network's security is gay). Checked the Forecast Channel, and found out that it was -40 degrees at Mount Everest last night.

True story.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hahaha, the civic wanted to battle, that was funny

but dam, that was a lot of ice..more than we usually get up here in NY, and it's pretty sad that until recently, i think you guys have had lower temps than use, it was our 4th day today in the teens....stupid global warming

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Yeah, I personally had never seen anything like that before. When I lived in Colorado, and Michigan before that, it always got down well below freezing so it would snow instead of giving us that freezing rain junk. Or, as the Weather Channel liked to call it, a "Wintery Mix"

Thanks for the appreciation for the vid. Keep the comments coming, it boosts my e-Ego.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
When I lived in Portland, it'd do that sort of thing every three years or so.

Freezing rain is crazy. Everything would have about a half inch of ice on it... even our cats would have beads of ice on their fur when they would come inside.

Last time I tried using a bucket of hot water on my car though, it all froze on contact. And my car wasn't even frozen. The windows were just frosty.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
And you guys could have cleared that ice off a lot faster in the video if you had just taken an ice scraper to it. Heat up the windshield a little from the inside, and start scraping.
We tried to buy an ice scraper the day before the storm but they were sold out pretty much everywhere. Not exactly something in high demand in Texas. So we bought that yellow thing (still not sure what it was, but the guy recommended it cause he used it before) and it did the trick.

No ice scraper I've ever used would get that ice off.... which I've used many. I used to live in Connecticut and Scotland, so I'm not a dumb Texan. I know cold weather, but I've never seen ice that thick before because usually there's more snow involved to break the ice down a bit.

...And we had the heater/defroster running throughout the hour long process, and my car has an awesome heating system. By the way, you guys didn't see the rest of the story. We had to do Baha's car next. So we were out there for quite some time.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Funny how the first snow we've seen in New Jersey was yesterday, and up until a week ago, I was wearing short sleeved shirts.

New Jersey winters shouldn't be this good. It's really weird.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think that was just the camera. He doesn't lisp at all...I kinda found that strange. We weren't using a video camera, we were just using our digital camera. It doesn't have the best recording device since it's primarily for taking pictures.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I've always wondered what it would be like to wake up in a place that never has snow and then suddenly... Have snow. It's routine in Edmonton, although the average temperature varies a lot whether there be snow or no snow.

F8X

Smash Ace
At least your not living in Holland, their cars get completely destroyed with ice...

Anyway, Was that boiling water you threw on your car? If so DON'T DO IT!!!!!1
A friend of mine did that and his whole windshield broke into a thousand pieces. It was not funny, although the blizzard of 1996 in New York City.... Cars were like that and about 5 feet of snow, just keep in mind its the city.

And as far as Texas goes, I have family that lives in Arizona and he gets weird flash snow storms. Its just plain weird.

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
The news people claimed that snow may fall over here in Sacramento... Once again I have been let down.
I was upset as well. It's a shame it never snows out here in Sac. I remember like 7 years ago it did, but nothing since then.

Skywalker

Space Jump
In Michigan, it snowed right after Halloween. Somehow we ended up having a green Christmas.

It was really cold last weekend; I nearly broke the door handle on my family's car, trying to get in.

Top Bottom