• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Diddy's time to shine! Matchup input please?

DUB

Smash Lord
Most of Diddy's kill moves are horizontal. Means Ness will be having to use PK Thunder more often. Peanuts destroy Ness's recovery.

On the other hand, PK Fire is extremely good here because Diddy is more then likely going to approach. It stops him in his tracks and Ness does whatever he wants. Shield the banana --> PK Fire = good strategy.

ADHD

Smash Hero
For ness, just use pk fire alot more it gets in the way, jumping in the air is a good way to avoid the bananas since ness is floaty. There's really nothing else I can say as I **** ness

Count

Smash Champion
I play well even against really good nesses, so I would have to say this is in diddy's advantage. I can't but an exact number on the matchup.

ADHD

Smash Hero
The matchup is 6:4 Diddy ATLEAST. Could possibly be more of a disadvantage for Ness.
No it's 60-40 in ness' favor, it doesn't matter diddy ***** ness despite the matchup score

PK fire is a hassle in diddy's naner game if you space it right, sorry but this matchup is rarely ever cared about.

DUB

Smash Lord
No it's 60-40 in ness' favor, it doesn't matter diddy ***** ness despite the matchup score

PK fire is a hassle in diddy's naner game if you space it right, sorry but this matchup is rarely ever cared about.

If Diddy ***** Ness despite the matchup score how could it possible be in Ness' favor? That makes no sense.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
No that doesn't make sense. If you **** a character the matchup is in your favor. When I get done with my research I will tell you why Ness is at a 7-3 disadvantage against diddy.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
No that doesn't make sense. If you **** a character the matchup is in your favor. When I get done with my research I will tell you why Ness is at a 7-3 disadvantage against diddy.
Bull****. I call shenigans, I swear, you guys aren't any help. 5-5 it is then. Sorry but no one gave me anything except for. DIDDY ADVANTAGE! NO BUTS!

ADHD

Smash Hero
I feel ness has the advantage 60-40 because of his projectile game which is a massive hassle to diddy. It's also hard to combo him since he's floaty, he KO's diddy fairly early and there's really nothing diddy over ness that he has over any other character, accept he's light and diddy has a better time KO'ing ness than he usually does.. I still **** ness

DUB

Smash Lord
I feel ness has the advantage 60-40 because of his projectile game which is a massive hassle to diddy. It's also hard to combo him since he's floaty, he KO's diddy fairly early and there's really nothing diddy over ness that he has over any other character, accept he's light and diddy has a better time KO'ing ness than he usually does.. I still **** ness
If he lands a PK Fire that could be a problem but it's not as hard to avoid as the onslaught of bananas.Glide Toss --> to Shield or just rolling from the PK Fire is pretty easy. I see where you're coming from but Ness' projectiles will hardly be able to keep Diddy at bay. I don't know too much about Ness but it seems his F-smash would be the most lethal to Diddy. I'd say can kill around 120-130?

ADHD

Smash Hero
If he lands a PK Fire that could be a problem but it's not as hard to avoid as the onslaught of bananas.Glide Toss --> to Shield or just rolling from the PK Fire is pretty easy. I see where you're coming from but Ness' projectiles will hardly be able to keep Diddy at bay. I don't know too much about Ness but it seems his F-smash would be the most lethal to Diddy. I'd say can kill around 120-130?
What? It kills at 70 on smashville if you're caught in a pk fire at the edge of a stage. Yeah, the projectiles can be avoided but looking at it from a matchup point of view the pk fire is very annoying and ness is floaty and difficult to pull banana strings on him.

DUB

Smash Lord
What? It kills at 70 on smashville if you're caught in a pk fire at the edge of a stage. Yeah, the projectiles can be avoided but looking at it from a matchup point of view the pk fire is very annoying and ness is floaty and difficult to pull banana strings on him.
Well I should of specified it but I meant 120-130 as a middle of the stage considering it was DI'd. Sure if Diddy is trapped in a PK Fire near the end of a stage it's likely Ness will be able to charge the F-smash a little adding knockback.

Side question. Will Ness' bat reflect bananas?

My input PKNintendo:

6:4 Diddy

Diddy's Advantages:
-Peanut Gun/Bananas can cancel Ness' 2nd jump off the stage leading to easy edgeguard.
-Ground Game > Ness Groundgame
-Ness is light, Earlier KO's after quickly racking up damage

Diddy's Disadvantages:
-PK Fire can trap Diddy guranteeing a Smash, also serves as a barrier to slow momentum
-A well angled PK Fire off the edge will mess Diddy's rocketbarrel up causing a unlikely recovery
-Diddy is lighter as well, early KO's expected.

I pretty much see Diddy having the edge in this.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Well I should of specified it but I meant 120-130 as a middle of the stage considering it was DI'd. Sure if Diddy is trapped in a PK Fire near the end of a stage it's likely Ness will be able to charge the F-smash a little adding knockback.

Side question. Will Ness' bat reflect bananas?

My input PKNintendo:

6:4 Diddy

Diddy's Advantages:
-Peanut Gun/Bananas can cancel Ness' 2nd jump off the stage leading to easy edgeguard.
-Ground Game > Ness Groundgame
-Ness is light, Earlier KO's after quickly racking up damage

Diddy's Disadvantages:
-PK Fire can trap Diddy guranteeing a Smash, also serves as a barrier to slow momentum
-A well angled PK Fire off the edge will mess Diddy's rocketbarrel up causing a unlikely recovery
-Diddy is lighter as well, early KO's expected.

I pretty much see Diddy having the edge in this.

LOL! Ness is NOT light. He's average weight
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162546

I agree with Diddy's ground game advantage. No offense but gimping Ness with the Peanut pop-gun is a joke for me. (unless he invented some crazy tech with it)

Diddy is light. Ness can use a backthrow for an easy kill too. I agree. And PKT messes with Diddy's recovery. There is nothing that Diddy has on Ness in this matchup. Of course you can banana **** him, Ness has an average trip animation. So thats that.

It's easy to anticipate the jet pack and use PK flash where he lands.

5-5 at the very least, 55-45 or 6-4 as chrome put it.

Oh and Dub. Have you even played as Ness? Ness' (slow) bat can KO Diddy at 90% (non tipper) and 60 ish % with a tipper.

DUB

Smash Lord
LOL! Ness is NOT light. He's average weight
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162546

I agree with Diddy's ground game advantage. No offense but gimping Ness with the Peanut pop-gun is a joke for me. (unless he invented some crazy tech with it)

Diddy is light. Ness can use a backthrow for an easy kill too. I agree. And PKT messes with Diddy's recovery. There is nothing that Diddy has on Ness in this matchup. Of course you can banana **** him, Ness has an average trip animation. So thats that.

It's easy to anticipate the jet pack and use PK flash where he lands.

5-5 at the very least, 55-45 or 6-4 as chrome put it.

Oh and Dub. Have you even played as Ness? Ness' (slow) bat can KO Diddy at 90% (non tipper) and 60 ish % with a tipper.
I played Ness for maybe a week or so. Didn't like him. Every other Week I play some Ness' in friendlies and my average health at KO is around 140. PKT is a joke to avoid if you have your double-jump off the stage. Could be the Ness' player's skill level but the only problems I have are Ness' fair and PKF. Most of the kills I get on Ness are off the edge after he is "popgun gimped which is easy as jumping and spamming 2-3. Diddy and Ness are hardly seperated on the weight list...

pastaboy

Smash Champion
i second ness ccuz hes fun to play with and pk2ing ppl is fun. pk thuner can *** up ur recover
i think its sumwhat hard for ness to pik up bananas,his dash attack isnt realy good for picking them up.(i think)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I played Ness for maybe a week or so. Didn't like him. Every other Week I play some Ness' in friendlies and my average health at KO is around 140. PKT is a joke to avoid if you have your double-jump off the stage. Could be the Ness' player's skill level but the only problems I have are Ness' fair and PKF. Most of the kills I get on Ness are off the edge after he is "popgun gimped which is easy as jumping and spamming 2-3. Diddy and Ness are hardly seperated on the weight list...
Simple answer. The Ness you play sucks.

PKT is a joke! Saying that is like saying Diddy's banana's are a joke.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom